Hands

So, I'm not sure if you've noticed my slow down in posting here, but I've been having weird pain/numbness in my hands for a few months now and it looks like its carpal tunnel or something like it.  

My right hand is mostly numb all the time and it makes it REALLY hard to do any modelling, especially since holding small things really aggravates my hands.  

My IG army is not even fully assembled and definitely not painted and I've been trying to get better before starting, but there's an outside chance I'm going to need surgery on my hands/wrists in the next month or so.  

Assuming that happens, there's no way I'll be able to paint my army in time for OFCC and even without the surgery, the numbness makes the whole thing really hard anyway. 

If I ended up not being able to paint my army due to these situations, would that be the end of the world?  

Dude. Getting Armies up to a halfway decent look fast is pretty much my painting specialty. And literally all I need to do for my List is my Kytan and a new Display Board, so if we can work out a way for me to get down to your place for a Team painting night, I can almost certainly put at least a pretty big dent in the to-do list.

• Like 4

So, I'm not sure if you've noticed my slow down in posting here, but I've been having weird pain/numbness in my hands for a few months now and it looks like its carpal tunnel or something like it.  

My right hand is mostly numb all the time and it makes it REALLY hard to do any modelling, especially since holding small things really aggravates my hands.  

My IG army is not even fully assembled and definitely not painted and I've been trying to get better before starting, but there's an outside chance I'm going to need surgery on my hands/wrists in the next month or so.  

Assuming that happens, there's no way I'll be able to paint my army in time for OFCC and even without the surgery, the numbness makes the whole thing really hard anyway. 

If I ended up not being able to paint my army due to these situations, would that be the end of the world?  

Well we could just come to your house and paint it for you like he said.  Assembly line style.  I'd be willing.  Just point us in the right direction and we could get er done.  You want me to recruit some of the boyz?  We could base paint while others do the block painting, while others do the washes and on down the line.  I personally hate painting, but God puts people in your life for the unexpected times!

As for driving down, I could have you stay over the night before I head down and we can truck out together if need be.  

there are no problems,  Just challenges to be overcome.

• Like 3

We'll see.  Honestly, if I can't use my right hand at all (assuming I'm recovering from surgery) I won't be able to drive down either...

Stupid body.  

Gee, if only there was someone who gave you a ride back from OFCC before who could do chauffeur duty again...

Oh yeah... me (if you need it).

• Like 2

Thanks for all the support, guys!  

Honestly, my IG list is so silly being mostly all tanks (only 1 of the 7 infantry isn't painted) that it should be fairly easy to make it playable.  

I realize now that I posted this while I was in a funk and I'm sure with some help from my team all will be well.

Its been depressing though, I can't type very fast anymore due to my fingers being numb at the tips and I have to retype most things because I make a bajillion (+/- 1 bajillion) typos, so it makes me only type when necessary and it just feels crazy awkward.  My right hand is worse than my left so I use the mouse left handed now.  

I'm sure I'll be fine for OFCC even if its a garbage paint job, but who would tell the difference anyway since I always have a garbage paint job!  :D  

• Like 1