Tanksgiving Event Nov 12, 2016

ZEKE

WHAT: TANKSGIVING at Guardian Games

This is more of an event rather than a competitive tournament.

WHEN: November 12, 2016  STARTS 11:00 AM.

COST:    $15.00

GAMES: 3 rounds of games, Missions will be tank friendly.

LISTS: 

1500 pts LW, NO gun teams, NO infantry teams per arsenals, except such teams as cmd, staff, observers that come with Tank Team units like Priests, Sextons, Hummels or Katyushas. Airplanes are allowed.
MUST HAVE a warrior team OR a historically known person (Lt Boggess of 4th armor who made first contact to break the seige of Bastogne) OR a fictional movie character (brad Pitt, fury)

Painting requirement:

is ONLY FOR the warrior/person/character. This gives you 5 months to get your special figure and get it painted. I know some players only have infantry so this allows you to borrow tanks without giving up on the best prize of this event.

PRIZES:
Best surviving special character gets first pick of the prize pool.

Best painted special character gets second pick.

Fan favorite gets third pick.

All the rest of the prizes will be handed out via a lottery system. You earn your choice of lottery tokens by winning games.

I will personally be painting up as many prizes as I can.

basic US infantry company

2x brit shermans

churchill arv

PAINT JUDGING CHECKLIST: This is what I will use to judge the Warrior/Character teams. (again, the rest of your army does not have to be painted,  nor will it count for your warrior team)

1pt figure & base are cleaned with no flashing, molding edges, excess glue

1pt Basic Base Colors over entire figure

1pt Shading over entire figure

1pt Highlight over entire figure

1pt Decals applied

1pt Decals blended in so they don't look like a decal

1pt Weathering & extra effects (dirt,dust,grease,fading etc, flocking,foliage,extra bits,etc)

1pt a Write-up about the warrior/character. If it is a historical character, must have information about what makes him famous. If it is a Media character from a movie, must have a picture.

1pt Basic Display stand. A 6" base with basic paint colors & flock.

1pt Advanced Display stand. Same as above along with shading, highlights, weathering, foliage, extra bits.

EVENT SEATS:  12 seats max, first come first serve.  

Email your lists to Steve Z at   zeeckster@yahoo.com.

Name / special character / list verified

1. James Barca

2. Steve McCuen

3. Ryan McGee

4. Bpoli7

5. Bolo

SteveZ

• Like 2

OK,

Rather than trying to split hairs, I would like a simple guideline that precludes most questions.

For example:

1. If the Arsenal lists the vehicle in the "tank team" section, AND the front armor has a number ( not "-"), then the team is legal

2. In most other cases, the team is not allowed.

3. Exceptions are made for independent teams which are part of a tank unit (see examples listed above).

Does this rule out airplanes?

NO Infantry Teams (as listed under infantry teams in the arsenal) and NO Gun Teams (as listed under gun teams in the arsenal)

Tank Teams allow for all kinds of stuff like tanks, selfpropelled arty, selfpropelled assault guns, armored mortars, armored recon, selfpropelled AA, etc.. The problems with some platoon such as Self Propelled Artillery Battery is that they still have staff team, command team and observer team, since the unit is foremost a TANK TEAM, the auxillery teams are allowed so the TANK TEAMS can function like their supposed to. 

Since airplanes are NOT an Infantry team, nor are they a gun team, then YES airplanes are allowed.

Thx.

Although he is a warrior in Bridge at Remagen (saw your jointly authored article - http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=4475), that is with Jagdtigers.

At this time, I'm just going for the character. Ernst's Nashorn experience was more appealing to me, since I intend to use this list matched with a Russian tank horde, after Tanskgiving.

I also get more tanks if I don't run Jagdtigers.

BTW, some tankers get to be warriors TWICE in FoW (e.g., Carius, Wittmann, Rommel)

For LW, the only warrior i could find twice was Currie for the brits in Overlord and Market Garden.

Also, don't forget about Panzer Kanonen from Grey Wolf as a possible way of giving special characters some abilities.

If someone takes Rudel (JU 87 stuka), I may have to modify the surviving character bit. Will look more into that one.

For LW, the only warrior i could find twice was Currie for the brits in Overlord and Market Garden.

Also, don't forget about Panzer Kanonen from Grey Wolf as a possible way of giving special characters some abilities.

If someone takes Rudel (JU 87 stuka), I may have to modify the surviving character bit. Will look more into that one.

Just stipulate that your "warrior" for the competition has to be in a tank... you can still bring Rudel, but he can't be the centerpiece of your army.

I am going to have 2 wonderful prizes for this event for the top 2 categories. A painted US First Special Service Force Company (HQ, Platoon 1, Platoon 2), and a full 10 team LW Fallschirmjager plt.

These will be handed out to the winners of the following categories:

A -  Best Painted Warrior (Warrior / Historic Hero / Movie Character).

and

B -  Best Surviving Warrior - player gets 1 pt for each game that their warrior did not get killed, and 1 pt for each warrior that they killed.

My Question is, with which Category would the participants like to see the prizes be handed out to?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to budget limitations and bad experiences with Jumbos, I am changing my "Hero"/modeling focus and army list.

Going for Hero Tank Batalon and Woman Tank Ace – the original “Tank Girl”, in the Red Army
Tank Ace in an IS-2: Lieutenant Alexandra Leontievna Boyko

Destroyed 5 tanks and 2 guns, incl one tiger tank.

Presentation will include brief write-ups on other Soviet Tank crew-women of WWII.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Only a month to go. Haven't heard many peeps chiming in so I'll lax on the lists. You DON'T have to include a special character/warrior team. But if you do, I'll add 3 pts to your painting score. If you don't have a warrior/character then your HQ element will be used for paint judging.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...