Munitorum Armored Containers

pretre

munitorum-armored-container-cache1.jpg

I'm sure we had a thread at some time.

This is a nice price for just the ammo crates and promethium, the LOS blocking, roll on the table and SB are just icing on the cake. I had previously purchased Ammo Dumps for various armies and for what... 15 more points I get all the rest?

• Like 2

Yeah, but looking at those rules, we just voted down the Tau multi-sectional Fortification sheet.  Do you think that this will get in?

Mind you, I'm not a super competitive player.  I enjoy winning, but I'm not out to improve my game and dominate the table or what have you.  That said, at the end of the day, I still would rather play GW game with a FAQ only addressing unclear things.  Don't remove models from the game.  Don't remove spells from the game.  Don't remove buildings from the game. Don't remove armies from the game. [/rant]

Yeah, but looking at those rules, we just voted down the Tau multi-sectional Fortification sheet.  Do you think that this will get in?

Mind you, I'm not a super competitive player.  I enjoy winning, but I'm not out to improve my game and dominate the table or what have you.  That said, at the end of the day, I still would rather play GW game with a FAQ only addressing unclear things.  Don't remove models from the game.  Don't remove spells from the game.  Don't remove buildings from the game. Don't remove armies from the game. [/rant]

At worst, I imagine this will be restricted to one set.

A small squad of Seraphim back there would be pretty sweet. 4 torrent, heavy flamers camping an objective could be fun;)

I think you mean Retributors. Although Seraphim would be amusing for the 4 Torrent Hand Flamers. :)

The reroll one's to hit for the ammo crates is cool for Exorcists and such as well. I've used it before with a bastion.

Also, there's no requirement here that the various bits be clumped right together, just all within 12". So you can string the Ammo Boxes out to provide the re-roll 1s benefit to a much larger area.

Yeah, that's a downside of the Bastion. You have to keep the dump really close to it.

Was thinking 5 Seraphim. Two models with 2 hand flamers each. Adds torrent and raises them from pistol to heavy. Place objective near enough to be scoring and container blocking the majority of shots. Cheap campers that could also jump to the next objective if need arises.

If they had jetpacks instead of jump, they'd totally be worth it. Then they could jump behind it after firing each turn.

I think Corsairs and Tau can do that.

And also, the Ammo Dump is a single piece there. There are 4 different Ammo Boxes in this, and nothing saying they all have to be in one pile.

Yeah, spread all over. The promethium is good for that too.

Wall of Rets in Repressors, plus exorcists and BSS would be entertaining.

Also, Are burnas Flamers?

In the Ork codex it's listed under the sub-category "flamer weapons".

All the following weapons are Flamer weapons for the purposes of any

special rules that interact with Flamer weapons as described in

Warhammer 40,000: The Rules. Profiles for the weapons in this section

are also listed in the Profiles section.

Burna Bomb

A burna bomb is a large metal canister with an internal fuse. They are filled to the

gunwales with sloshing promethium and squig-oil, and detonate on impact to

spread flaming death across a wide area.

Burna

Burnas are long-necked cutting torches that can focus their fiery emissions into a

concentrated, metal-slicing jet or a billowing cloud of white-hot flame.

When a model attacks with a burna, it can use either of the profiles below. It cannot

use both profiles in the same turn.