Annihilation 5: Age of Annihilation

I actually like the idea of rolling for artifacts and allegiance abilities.

Entire army builds can be catered to take advantage of some of these items/abilities,at least that's what I'm seeing with the Death GA...

Allowing players to choose will quickly lead to several artifacts/abilities never being used.

Perhaps though,we can do some testing on this during the league cycle coming up.

• Like 1

for me they allow you to make YOUR own hero to lead your army and I don't want mine being Bi-polar changing moods every game.

Well, maybe I like my Generals to moody FREAKS!,lol

Actually though,theres other ways to incorporate a bit of randomness in this regard..like perhaps having one round(or more) of the event to use randomly chosen ability/artifacts.Or allow players to choose either an Ability or Artifact,then roll for the other:)

• Like 1

Here is what I was kicking around with for a list for this event, what does everyone think? With my Start Collecting Nurgle box and Silver Tower units I was able to come up with this list. I still have some stuff to buy to complete this. Do people like artillery in AoS?

HEROES
The Glottkin (480)

UNITS
Plaguebearers Of Nurgle x 10 (100)
Plague Drones Of Nurgle x 3 (220)
Nurglings x 3 (80)
Flamers Of Tzeentch x 3 (200)
Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch x 10 (140)
Chaos Marauders x 10 (60)
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)

Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
Bestigors x 10 (140)

WAR MACHINES
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

WOUNDS: 127 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000

• Like 1

Here is what I was kicking around with for a list for this event, what does everyone think? With my Start Collecting Nurgle box and Silver Tower units I was able to come up with this list. I still have some stuff to buy to complete this. Do people like artillery in AoS?

HEROES

The Glottkin (480)

UNITS

Plaguebearers Of Nurgle x 10 (100)

Plague Drones Of Nurgle x 3 (220)

Nurglings x 3 (80)

Flamers Of Tzeentch x 3 (200)

Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch x 10 (140)

Chaos Marauders x 10 (60)

Chaos Knights x 5 (200)

Chaos Knights x 5 (200)

Bestigors x 10 (140)

WAR MACHINES

Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

WOUNDS: 127 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000

Good mix to start with:)

None of us have been playing artillery heavy lists,though I did see one list at the doubles event I attended,though we didnt have to play him.Basically he had several skaven arty units and did ok,,think he got pounded by monsters/ogres though.

Basically,having a couple of arty pieces to snipe with is nice,,building a list around arty now is not really effective,perhaps in the future when Steamhead Duardin come out or they add more battaliions of Ironweld arsenal.