40k Team Event Preliminary Player Packet

I love this format.  Looking forward to my first OFCC in quite awhile.

Couple observations from a grizzled TO.  All of this is intended as feedback, not trying to be contrarian :)

1. Having the last page on your packet have game 1 and working back can make things a bit easier to tear out pages.  Does occasionally confuse people but overall works well.

2. For mission 3 do the objectives have to be unique (eg can I get and use 3 dice slay 7s or do I reroll if I already have a 7). 

3. For mission 3 can I accomplish objectives I held onto at the end of a previous player turn? (eg I hold onto slay a unit at end of my turn and kill a unit in my opponents turn, is that considered accomplished or do I have to complete it in my current player turn).

4. Are mysterious objectives in play for all missions or just the one where they blow up?

5. Are we using the ITC order of operation for start of game or trying to figure out what the rulebook order of operations are.  This includes how first turn is handled (eg Standard rulebook where person who deploys first chooses to go start or go second or ITC/5ed style where you deploy first and go first), generating abilities and warlord traits, etc.

6. For mission 2 I'd make that last sentence 'Max 9 points' stand out a bit more from the clarifications above Something like "A max of 9 Victory Points can be scored for the Primay Mission".  

Also while I like that NoVa style mission, note that the max of 9 they use also interacts with additional ways to earn points beyond the 3 secondaries you have here (and also is intended to balance with end of game option to score).  Without that I can see this coming down to secondaries a lot.  Not a criticism or something I think needs changing, more an observation.

Yeah, the players packet isn't meant to be turned in. The captain's packet has it backwards to be torn off in the right order to be turned in. Good catch on the other stuff. I'll add it in to help.

More typos:

Mission 1 - "Upon lading on this backwards planet" should probably read "Upon landing..."

Mission 1 - "You must kill the entire unit to earn the victory points." should probably read "... earn the victory point."  Only one point is awarded for each unit.

Mission 2 - Example #2 - you control 3 objectives, opponent controls 1 - this results in 3 points.  The opponent probably should control 2 objectives for 2 points.

Mission 3 - rolled objective "3 - Have 3 yours no enemy 12" from deployment edge" makes no sense to me at all.  I don't have a clue what is trying to be said.

Mission 3 - not a typo, but I would make objective 4 "4 - Destroy a non-Walker Vehicle" and make objective 10 "10 - Destroy a Monstrous Creature or Walker"

Mission 4 - not a typo, but I would recommend putting the page number of the BRB where Relics are defined/explained.

Mission 4 - you do not need to say "divide the table into four quarters" - simply state "divide the table into quarters".  Four quarters is redundant.

Mission 5 - not a type, but I would recommend putting the page number of the BRB where The Scouring is explained.

Mission 5 - "One additional rule." is not a sentence.  "Each ojective is an sabotaged objective that explodes on a 4+." has two errors.  Last sentence has one error (either capitalize sabotaged or make Objective lower case).  I would rewrite the three sentences as:

"Each objective is a Sabotaged Objective, per Mysterious Objectives on pg. XXX of the BRB.  However, rather than exploding on a roll of 1, the Sabotaged Objective explodes on a 4+."

The stories for each mission are cool, but they could really use some tightening.  :dry:  If it wasn't so close, I would volunteer to help.