Online Retailers - Steer Clear List

Swan-of-War

Alright, to kick this off:

Bandua Wargames - Spain

You may know them from the Infinity terrain but they also offer a wide variety of miniatures and such.  Found that they stocked several hard-to-find manufacturers at a nice discount and were showing them as in-stock.  I bought six Lead Adventure Knights and a large amount of MOM Miniatures Halberdiers.  Paid quite a bit in shipping + a Paypal fee; come out to over $200.

E-mail follow-up was good: sent an order confirmation w/order number.  However, another e-mail said that one or more items were out of stock.  Shoot - I'd chosen the ones that were specifically in stock to avoid this.   Was able to contact them via Facebook, via which they respond quickly and in good English (just mentioning because it's a Spanish company).  Was notified that they didn't have a big chunk of the MOM miniatures in stock (website was wrong) and had to order.  This was Tuesday July 19th; they promised they would have them by the end of the week.

Next Monday rolls around and no miniatures.  We go back and forth and it's not until August 1st that they claim it was shipped (two weeks after purchase).  Held up by the shipping company on their end because they didn't claim the value on the paperwork.  Finally goes out on August 3rd and I'm able to track its progress to Seattle.

Package arrives and things are a bit odd.  The Lead Adventure Knights come in blister packs and they've been obviously opened and repacked - three knights in a blister meant for two and only lonely knight in a large blister.   Pieces have fallen out and are loose in the box.  I'm missing one shield but no biggie, there are others on sprue and enough to complete all six knights.  The MOM miniatures are all packaged but I'm missing one - a larger 10-man bag.  Crap!

Contact them again to let them know.  Ask for a refund because I'm not wasting any more time with them.  Send a request through Paypal too.  Get some vague responses that they are "reviewing the order" and it's another week before they tell me that my money should have been refunded.   Keep checking Paypal and nothing.  Go back and forth with them and finally escalate my claim with Paypal to get someone there involved.  It takes until Tuesday, Aug 22nd before my refund is actually back in my Paypal account and I can call the matter settled.

TL:DR   Website "in-stock" status is inaccurate, slow to ship, missing items, slow to refund.  Fast to reply on Facebook but I feel a lot of smoke was being blown up my butt most of the time.  Proceed with caution

• Like 1