Rudra's Super Special Infinity Blog

rudra34

Got my box of Santiago Knights from Red Castle tonight.  My awesome girlfriend works down near their so she grabbed them for me on her way home.  The kit looks amazing, even though each knight is about 10 pieces.  I will work on them into the wee hours tonight.

Tomorrow I'm getting started on ramps and ladders for my terrain.  A straight, flat, angled ramp isn't going to look right with what I have, so I'm planning to make wooden platforms in a scaffolding style.  Each level will be less than an inch high, so you can move right up them to the rooftops.

• Like 3

Two sets of platforms are done, and I have 7 useable structures at this point.  Not all of those structres are painted, detailed, have doors, or windows, but they work!

For now I will work on making a handful of ladders and short bridges to connect buildings.  Not going to have time to make more platforms, and tomorrow I'll be gone all day. 

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

Now 100% more accessible!  

• Like 4

Thanks guys!  I am liking the way they look with the buildings, and once I have some more of those and bridges built everything will look great together.

Also, I'm really looking forward to the start of the infinity league.  Work has been a pain in my ass this week and I am ready to take out some anger through shoot-outs.

• Like 1

Lots of Infinity last night!  Thank you Shayne, Eric, and Brad for 3 awesome games, and giving me a chance to test out some new things.  I also enjoyed playing on different table set ups, as terrain makes a big difference for how you play in this game.

Biggest learned moments and MVPS

TO: Camo Forward observers - Easily the MVPs of my first two games.  These guys are hard to kill, annoying to spot, can lay mines, mark targets for fire, and with BS 12, surprise shot, and combi rifles aren't bad in a firefight.  Using them properly absolutely won me my first two games, and I intend on bringing at least 1 in all future lists.  In some cases I need to consider deploying them hidden, as Brad wrecked them with mines when I put them out as markers. 

Clipper Drotbot with smart missle launcher - The other MVP.  Hitting marked targets on 18 makes this little guy lethal at any distance or position on the table.  I managed to miss 3 times out of 10 shots, but almost every single hit was lethal.  He only failed me when he lost a face-to-face against a long-range rifle crit, other than that he was clutch.  Thanks to Brad for letting me borrow the model last night.

Fire teams can be nasty - I didn't realize before last night that the +1 burst applies to AROs!  Talk about brutal.  This can make piss-poor troops deadly, and good troops into unstoppable walls of lead.  The only thing I'm seeing in the rules that we might have been done wrong is that they all must choose the same ARO, so one can't dodge if others shoot and vice versa.

That's it for that.  I had a great time, and hope to see you all again in two weeks.  Until then I will be working on more terrain, and hopefully finding a little time to paint models.

Lots of Infinity last night!  Thank you Shayne, Eric, and Brad for 3 awesome games, and giving me a chance to test out some new things.  I also enjoyed playing on different table set ups, as terrain makes a big difference for how you play in this game.

Biggest learned moments and MVPS

TO: Camo Forward observers - Easily the MVPs of my first two games.  These guys are hard to kill, annoying to spot, can lay mines, mark targets for fire, and with BS 12, surprise shot, and combi rifles aren't bad in a firefight.  Using them properly absolutely won me my first two games, and I intend on bringing at least 1 in all future lists.  In some cases I need to consider deploying them hidden, as Brad wrecked them with mines when I put them out as markers. 

Clipper Drotbot with smart missle launcher - The other MVP.  Hitting marked targets on 18 makes this little guy lethal at any distance or position on the table.  I managed to miss 3 times out of 10 shots, but almost every single hit was lethal.  He only failed me when he lost a face-to-face against a long-range rifle crit, other than that he was clutch.  Thanks to Brad for letting me borrow the model last night.

Fire teams can be nasty - I didn't realize before last night that the +1 burst applies to AROs!  Talk about brutal.  This can make piss-poor troops deadly, and good troops into unstoppable walls of lead.  The only thing I'm seeing in the rules that we might have been done wrong is that they all must choose the same ARO, so one can't dodge if others shoot and vice versa.

That's it for that.  I had a great time, and hope to see you all again in two weeks.  Until then I will be working on more terrain, and hopefully finding a little time to paint models.

did your opponent not have a hacker?  mistake i made cause you have an automatic U-Turn ARO if you have a hacker.  otherwise guided crap is just too good...  and yea beware of mines when you have camo!!  im kinda looking forward to camo shenanigans back and forth like you seemed to had as i have yet to play much camo besides my mk2(which i cant complain cause the mk2 is dirty).  and i totally used the +1 burst i thought in our game a while ago!  at least i think i was rolling 2 dice for shooting AROs with myrms(when your guy died from his impetuous order i think)  :rolleyes: .  

Got in a 200 point game with Exile at Dice Age this afternoon.  We were both testing out fire teams, him with his bolts and me with my magisters.  Pete could not make an armor save to save his life this game, which was bad news because I was raining down explosive shots on him at every opportunity.  In the end I got him to one TO: camo guy left, and in retreat with loss of lieutenant.   Final verdict: links of magisters are mean as hell. 

Thanks for a great game, hope we get to do it again soon. 

And now I will go make ladders.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone.  And to anyone who thinks they aren't a good painter, don't worry.  I'm honestly not great, I have just learned ways to make my bad skills less apparent.  The tiny cracks and crevices on these models make them really wash-friendly.  I essentially just wash them then go back and color then highlight raised areas. 

If I had to do freehand work you would all be trying to get my thread removed.

Nothing huge on the hobby front these last few days as Kyndra and I are cleaning the house out top-to-bottom.  I did clean and put together one Knight of Santiago, which was a 2 hour, rage-inducing experience (single 28mm model, 12 pieces of tiny metal).  It is worth noting that the office/hobby/workout room upstairs is now clean and completely assembled. 

IMG_0552.jpg

I can finally work without climbing over things to get to my desk!  And the old-as-balls stationary bike fits nicely against the wall behind me.  It's like I can breathe again.

• Like 3

Got two games in with Exile today at Dice age. 

Game 1:

logo_13.png Military Orders
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_10.png FATHER-KNIGHT Lieutenant Spitfire / Breaker Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 50)
logo_10.png FATHER-KNIGHT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 50)
logo_1.png FUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)
logo_20.png TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle  / Pistol, Knife. (14)
logo_2.png SPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (27)
logo_2.png SPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (27)
logo_2.png SPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)
logo_2.png SPEC. SERGEANT (Multispectral Visor L2) Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_2.png SPEC. SERGEANT Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
logo_4.png KNIGHT HOSPITALLER Doctor (MediKit) MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (41)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open with Army 5

First off we did a 300 point kill mission where both of us got to bring a wide spectrum of different toys.  I stole all of the luck in this game, and Pete couldn't make a shot/dodge/armor roll to save his life.  My sniper picked off a few guys and my TO forward observer dodged again and again and again to get out of his Swiss Gaurd's rain of bullets.  He picked off one of my father knights, but guessed wrong at which was lieutenant.  In the end I had the upper hand by about 20 points.   For only having 10 orders at 300 points, I was a big fan of this list.  It has something for almost every situation, and nearly every choice is a strong one.

Game 2:

logo_13.png Military Orders
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_1.png FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
logo_1.png FUSILIER Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)
logo_10.png FATHER-KNIGHT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 50)
logo_1.png FUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)
logo_2.png SPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)
logo_2.png SPEC. SERGEANT (Multispectral Visor L2) Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_3.png CRUSADER MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (31)

3.5 SWC | 199 Points

Open with Army 5

For the second game we dialed back to 200 points, but still just went for kills.  He took the initiative and took shots at my discovered sniper, only to have me pick off his lieutenant with a lucky sniper ARO.  His fusilier link team controlled the board nicely until I was able to take out the rocket launcher with my TO gunner and spitfire order serg.  Still, we picked each other apart throughout the game and in the end both had 72 points left on the table.  The only thing I'd change about this list is the crusader.  Drop troops are good, but I don't know if he fits in with my play style.  Will need to do more testing.  Afterwards we agreed that we have gotten good enough at killing models, and need to start playing some more scenarios.

2 good games, would do it again.  

For only having 10 orders at 300 points,

HA only 10 orders... bro i generally run 9 orders(cause proxy girls dont allow 10... tradeoffs *shrugs*) :P  and it does just fine... i think 10 order lists are pretty strong!  and that one looks like a lot of fun... those father knights look amaze-balls and hacking them seems impossible with bts9 lol.  

HA only 10 orders... bro i generally run 9 orders(cause proxy girls dont allow 10... tradeoffs *shrugs*) :P  and it does just fine... i think 10 order lists are pretty strong!  and that one looks like a lot of fun... those father knights look amaze-balls and hacking them seems impossible with bts9 lol.  

*shrug*  what do I know about what is high vs low orders? 

The father knights were awesome.  The hacker got picked off pretty hard, but the one with the spitfire was wrecking shop.