pretre's Deathwatch for OFCC 2017 thread

pretre

Okay, so anyway to get a squad of Deathwatch Bikers into a Black Spear SF? Was Unbound a thing last year at OFCC Team? Could I just take one or more squads of Unbound DW Bikers and add them to a BSSF?

Alternatively, I need some sort of Deathwatchy-way of getting deep strike homers into my list.

Background: I'm thinking of doing a BSSF and have most of the army deep strike using the special rule, so I would like some way of getting them in reliably where they are going. I thought of Servo Skulls, but they probably wouldn't still be there on Turn 2.

I guess I could take an Aquila or a Venator and just have the poor Veterans hoof it behind the bikers.

• Like 1

Wargear/loadouts are pending.

BSSF

Watch Commander - ML2 Libby - 95

Watch Company

Artemis - 145

Aquila - 5 Vets, ML2 Libby - 205

Furor Kill Team - 5 Vets, 3 Terms - 230

Dominatus Kill Team - 5 Vets, 5 Vanguard - 210

Malleus Kill Team - 5 Vets, 3 Terms - 230

Armour - 1 Land Raider Crusader

Strategium Command Team

Chaplain with Beacon - 125

Purgatus Kill Team - 5 Vets, 2 Terms, Librarian with ML2 - 285

Puts me at 1775 so I can buy 225 of wargear. Strategium goes in the LRC and deploys. The rest is in reserves.

It's a horrible list, but does what I am looking for (and it is for OFCC so who cares). Forward observers/on the board presence and then everyone else teleports in.

No, you cannot take a squad of anything by itself in Blackspear.  You have to take the Vet squad as a tax to benefit from the Blackspear rules.

No, Unbound does not allow you to add units to the Blackspear.  You can TAKE a Bike squad in addition to your Blackspear, but it wouldn't benefit from the Blackspear rules because it wasn't taken as a part of the Blackspear as it is not an option for the Blackspear.  That's like saying that I can take a Mixed squad of Termies and Crisis' because UNBOUND!  Bad Pretre!  I thought you better than this sort of shenanigan. 

• Like 1

No, you cannot take a squad of anything by itself in Blackspear.  You have to take the Vet squad as a tax to benefit from the Blackspear rules.

No, Unbound does not allow you to add units to the Blackspear.  You can TAKE a Bike squad in addition to your Blackspear, but it wouldn't benefit from the Blackspear rules because it wasn't taken as a part of the Blackspear as it is not an option for the Blackspear.  That's like saying that I can take a Mixed squad of Termies and Crisis' because UNBOUND!  Bad Pretre!  I thought you better than this sort of shenanigan. 

No, I didn't want them to be part of the BS. I just wanted them for the DW Teleport Homers. So I would take 2-3 unbound squads of bikers with DWTH and the BSSF. The Bikers would not benefit from anything in the Black Spear.

• Like 1

If your Army is Unbound, you don't gain any Detachment Benefits. So yeah, you could take some Bikers along with a BSSF, but you would lose the Rules that you wanted them for ;)

The only way to get pure Units of anything but Veterans is a CAD or Allied Detachment.

Bah! Back to the Land Raider idea then.

Okay, I'm roughly at 1995 right now:

-=BSSF=-

Watch Commander - Chaplain with Beacon - 125

Watch Company -

Artemis - 145

Aquila (Anti-Everything) - 5 Vets with Bolter/???, 4 Frag Cannons, Librarian with ML2 - 305

Furor (Anti-Troop) - 5 Vets with Infernus, 3 x Shotgun/Bolter, Watch Sgt with Bolter/Shotgun, Term with HF/PF and Term with TH/SS - 230

Dominatus (Anti-Elite) - 5 Vets with Watch Sgt with Xeno/CCW, Shotgun/SS x3, CCW/Bolter.  4 Vanguard with CCW/SS, LCx2, LCx2, HTH - 305

Malleus (Anti-Heavy) - 5 Vets with Meltagun/Bolter x2, Bolter/SS, Black Shield with HTH, Watch Sgt with Combi-Melta/CCW, Term with SB/PF with Melta, Term with TH/SS - 300

Armour - LRC - 250

Strategium Command Team

Librarian with ML2, Dominus and Deathwatch Teleport Homer - 115

Purgatus (Anti-HQ) - 5 Vets with Stalker/Shotgun x5, Terminator with SB/PF/Cyclone - 210

So, Strategium deploys on the board (Libby and Stalkers) and stays put.

Depending on opponent, one of the kill teams goes with the Chaplain in the Crusader (probably Furor)

Remaining 3 kill teams drop (hopefully with no scatter) on turn 2+. Artemis goes wherever seems appropriate depending on opponent, but probably in the LRC.

So few models. lol  25 Vets, 5 Terms, 4 Vanguard, Chaplain, 2 Libbies, LRC and a Watch Captain. Certainly won't rate high for OFCC.

• Like 1

-=BSSF=-

Watch Commander - Chaplain with Beacon - 125

Watch Company -

Artemis - 145

Aquila (Anti-Everything) - 5 Vets with Bolter/CCW, 4 Frag Cannons, Librarian with ML2 - 305

Furor (Anti-Troop) - 5 Vets with Infernus x2, 2 x Bolter/CCW, Watch Sgt with Combi/CCW, Term with HF/PF - 210

Dominatus (Anti-Elite) - 5 Vets with Watch Sgt with Xeno/CCW, Shotgun/SS x3, CCW/Bolter.  3 Vanguard with CCW/SS, LCx2, HTH - 275

Malleus (Anti-Heavy) - 5 Vets with Meltagun/Bolter x2, Bolter/SS, Black Shield with HTH, Watch Sgt with Combi-Melta/CCW, Term with SB/PF with Melta, Term with TH/SS - 300

Armour - LRC - 250

Strategium Command Team

Librarian with ML2, Dominus - 115

Purgatus (Anti-HQ) - 5 Vets with Stalker/CCW x2, Bolter/CCW x2, Frag Cannon/Boltgun, Terminator with SB/PF/Cyclone, Biker with DTH - 275

One less model!  25 Vets, 4 Terms, 3 VV, 1 Biker, 4 Characters and a LRC. I think I have all the bits to make this though.

Remember, they don't have the DW stuff on them, but you've got a ton of extra Storm Shields from the Vanguard Vet Sprues. Stalker Boltguns aren't that hard to convert with some plastic tubing to make silencers. I think there are also a couple of double-handed TH around for like Death Company that you could probably use if you needed more HTHs. The Shotguns are tough, tho. Don't know what to do about them.

Yeah, there are five on there. I can't find them on any of the Bitz sites I know, tho.

That said, I've got a set of Scouts that I'm building with Bolters right now, I could send you the five from there (no left arms for them, but I assume you're going to use PA arms). And now I think of it, four each of the DW Storm Shields and HTH that I have no plans for. Just shoot me your address again.

• Like 1