pretre's Deathwatch for OFCC 2017 thread

pretre

Just now, WestRider said:

This is one of those situations where his Tablewar case is just fantastic. Shouldn't be any problem.

Westrider has my point exactly. Right now, the entire force sits on one tablewar tray except the land raider. Let me get a pic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

884980_sm-.JPG

Another squad done. Painted the washers on the bottom of everyone so that's done. One Chaplain, one Libby and my wife is doing the LRC and that is done.

Then it's basing, on to the Sisters and, if I have time, coming back to touch up some of the colors that need it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So, to give everyone a follow-up, I had a perfect record during the team event. 0 wins, 5 losses. Every one of my games was 8th edition, so I walked across the field every time, which was pretty special.

In other news, unrelated to the losses. I may be selling the whole shebang (minus LRC) plus bits or trying to find some shelf space to hide it away for a while till I come back to it. Since it was built pretty exclusively for this event, I don't feel a lot of attachment to keeping it. :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, doc said:

0-5.... holy poop.... this shocks me...

I was not at all surprised. I played every game and I put the hurt on all of my opponents (even if it was a smaller objective I was shooting for rather than the win) but this list was a ofcc level list in 7th, built, painted and designed for casual play. In 8th, most of the gimmicks it was designed around are gone and it is even softer and much worse for 5 more points.

I am in no way disparaging my opponents or the event with my performance. I made my choice to play whatever my opponent wanted to play edition wise because I didn't care about win-loss for the team event.

I could have requested only 7th games easy enough and probably got them (maybe winning one or two in the process) but I don't really want to play 7th anymore.

TLDR: I had a blast and enjoyed every one of my losses and it isn't a thing.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, doc said:

I'm glad I did not invest the time in the finishing off my DW then... sounds disappointing in 8e

No, Deathwatch are awesome in 8th ed. Just not the type of list that I brought. It was like I looked forward in time and purposefully created the worst possible list in 8th ed before I even knew there was going to be an 8th ed. :)

Deathwatch in 8th do mech and flyers reaaaal well and if you don't go crazy on different wargear for every dude like I do, you can get an efficient and effective force. I think MikhailLenin and CaptainA are both making 8th ed DW forces.

• Like 2