Sleeping Dragon Awakens - Escalation Blog

Norrad

Need ideas... this time it's colors. I want to start painting but I'm not sure on the colors I want to use. I really like the studio scheme for ISS with a jade green for the cloth but am not sure about the Orange. I really like red white and black but those are the colors of the Japanese Sectorial army and Jay has used those colors already. Hmmmm?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For tonight...

logo_202.png Imperial Service
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

orden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_8.pngSÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
logo_2.pngZHÀNYING (Sensor) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nimbus Grenades, MadTraps / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 28)
logo_28.pngKǍNRÈN Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0.5 | 32)
logo_1000.pngGUĬ FĒNG Spec-Ops (4 XP) (WIP:15, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
logo_1.pngCELESTIAL GUARD Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
logo_1.pngCELESTIAL GUARD Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_1.pngCELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
logo_10.pngKUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
logo_14.pngRUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)

4 SWC | 200 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the Zanying Imperial agent. He felt out of place and as if he had no purpose in the list. The rest of the models had a task but he just milled about. What can I change in this list to make it better or what can I swap the agent for?

So on Sunday evening after our battles were completed we had a discussion on ISS lists with Wu Ming.  One of the ideas was max Panzerfausts.  Here is my concept off of our discussion.  What do you think?

orden_regular.png9  orden_irregular.png1  
logo_2.pngZHÀNYING Lieutenant HMG / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1 | 30)
logo_6.pngWÚ MÍNG Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
logo_6.pngWÚ MÍNG Boarding Shotgun + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 33)
logo_1.pngCELESTIAL GUARD (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
logo_1.pngCELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
logo_1000.pngGUĬ FĒNG Spec-Ops (4 XP) (WIP:15, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
logo_21.pngPANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_25.pngWARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

3.5 SWC | 200 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Nothing quite like a baggage bot to reload Hvy Infantry, 2 Wound, 6+ shot Panzers...

• Like 1

Darron,

The Zhanying in your first list is a great unit. First, he is a board control / area denial piece.  The model does not really have to do much to annoy the enemy!  He can move up and set his mad traps, so they prevent opponents from easily moving into a space. Second, he has nimbus grenades! He can lay down a shield of no viz zone to protect your cat, kuang shi, or to get your models into close combat. Finally, he has sensor! He can reveal pesky camo tokens and the models cannot hid in his zone of control.

It's unfortunate that you can't run a straight swap for the Zhanying to be a hacker by giving the Kanren a KHD instead (you're one point off for that). I'd suggest giving the Zhanying hacker a try as you really, really want Supportware as an option if you're going to run the Rui Shi and, with Sixth Sense lvl2. the Zhanying makes a pretty excellent backfield hacker (also the Bioimmunity makes him immune to Shock from Trinity which is super nice). I'd probably swap the Kanren down to the MadTraps version as he's a better midfield piece anyway and take the Zhanying as a backfield hacker to support the Rui Shi and protect from flankers (who coincidentally tend to have garbage BTS for that Breaker Combi). Also keep in mind that the Zhanying hacker comes with D-Charges as well which gives you an additional mission objective that he can fulfill that the list normally can't.

As for the pain train, I have a regular opponent who runs that quite a bit. In fact, we played a 200 pts game last night in which he brought a similar link. Overall I find the link pretty lackluster, but that's probably just because of the lists I run. The Panzerfaust pain train is good as an alpha strike option, but falls behind in shot saturation due to the reload mechanic. I'd be wary of any opponent targeting you from outside the 32" sweet spot everybody there has or just "piece trading" for your limited shots with skirmishers/warbands. I'm also not enthused about having the Zhanying Lt. have the main gun for the group, but I also had a hard time fitting in a lieutenant without him so I guess it'll have to do. 

• 3 weeks later...

Variant list for tonight.

logo_2.pngZHÀNYING Lieutenant (Sensor) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nimbus Grenades / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 26)
logo_8.pngSÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
logo_1000.pngGUĬ FĒNG Spec-Ops (4 XP) (Doctor, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
logo_1.pngCELESTIAL GUARD (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

3.5 SWC | 200 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Another version of the above list.  I like the HMG but am concerned about having it on the LT.

logo_2.pngZHÀNYING Lieutenant HMG / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1 | 30)
logo_6.pngWÚ MÍNG (Fireteam: Duo) Chain Rifle, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
logo_1000.pngGUĬ FĒNG Spec-Ops (4 XP) (Doctor, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

4 SWC | 200 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I will work on him some more to try and soften up some of the harsher highlights if I can see them with my eye.The one thing that you cannot see from the angle of the photo is the blue sheen on the gun. It looks good.  I started blocking out the colors on the rest of my force.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...