Logan Trailer

Brother Glacius

Is it just me, or is this a movie I don't really want to see? I know it is just the trailer, but I don't think I'm all that interested in watching a movie about an old, washed up hero. That just isn't wolverine to me. And yes, the movie is called Logan....so I'm not knocking the concept. I get it. I just don't think it interests me very much. Plus it just doesn't seem to hit any new kind of space in the movie genre world. Its basically the "old, retired hero must rise up and fight one more time" story. Had it been something like Wolverine: Mad Maxx edition...that could have been interesting...but it seems like they just advanced the time line by only a few years (cuz prof X is still kicking) and poor logan is already been put out to pasture.

Or maybe I've just put way too much thought into this for some reason. :biggrin:

• Like 2

As is all-too-common for the comic book industry, the movie *might* have some basis from one of the many "Old Man Logan" story lines.  I didn't mind Millar's version, but this hardly looks like that. 

Maybe a "here's the movie version of X-23," and what the heck... "Wheels" is here to help.

• Like 1

My hope is that the impetus behind comic book films gets carried further into the genre: Watchmen, 300, Sin City et cetera. Even with the superhero stuff I'd like to see it spread out beyond the most familiar characters. 

Yeah!  They should do something like Howard the Duck, or League of Extraordinary Gentleman, or The Phantom.

• Like 3