Detachment Rules for SoS and Custodies

Tamwulf

Forge World already has a reputation for "borken" models. If they went too far with the formations in DoM, people would have screamed bloody murder.

Yeah, because they really showed a lot of restraint with all of the other Eldar stuff in that book, like the Corsair psychic powers, the Skathach Wraithknight, Pale Courts Battlehost, etc, etc. >.>

I like 30K because of the no formation rules, and the Rites of War basically are formations, so /shrug.

For some reason, I was thinking you had to take an HQ for your warlord, and that detachment became your Primary detachment. I must be getting senile in my old age.

There is a LOT of broken stuff in 30K, as Pax says- the difference is that the 30K community is much smaller, doesn't hold tournaments, and shares less information, so the "broken" builds are not widely known or played the way they are in 40K.

(Warlords did have to be HQs back in 6th edition; they changed the rules in 7E. You are correct about the primary detachment part, though, as whatever detachment your warlord is in by definition is your primary detachment.)

• Like 2

I am not very up to date with 40k these days so I have 2 questions.

1) Can you use Custodes as a Kill Team?

2) Why did they include the Bolt Caster rules?  I dont see anyone on that PDF that can take it....

1) No. Kill Team doesn't allow 2+ Svs.

2) It's part of the Sentinel Blades. Took me a while to find that.

• Like 1