Detachment Rules for SoS and Custodies

Tamwulf

hmm.  Looks like they will be precursors to Celestians?  If celestians were this cool, people would probably take them.

The only things that Sisters of Silence and Sisters of Battle have in common are their names (because GW isn't very original and couldn't think of a second thing to call a unit of girls) and the fact that they work for the Imperium. They are not recruited from the same stock of personnel, do not serve the same functions, do not work for the same parts of the heirarchy, don't hold the same beliefs, and are separated by something like four millenia of history.

• Like 2

The Custodians and Sisters of Silence could not be your primary detachment (no HQ unit... yet), but they do have detachment rules, thus making them an "army" in 40K. So you could spend like 300 points on a Space Marine Librarian and two min sized units of Marines, and spend the rest of your points on Custodians. :laugh: And then you could add a third detachment of Sisters of Silence...  :biggrin: 

The Custodians and Sisters of Silence could not be your primary detachment (no HQ unit... yet), but they do have detachment rules, thus making them an "army" in 40K. So you could spend like 300 points on a Space Marine Librarian and two min sized units of Marines, and spend the rest of your points on Custodians. :laugh: And then you could add a third detachment of Sisters of Silence...  :biggrin:

Does 30k not use detachments (yet)?

Yeah, there's no requirement that your Warlord be an HQ. It can even be a non-Character Model if you don't have any Characters in the Army.

The downer is that most vehicles aren't viable options for most warlord traits, plus including any character models in the army prevents you from selecting a non-character your warlord.

Did you not look at the rules?

Couldn't open it before, because I was using the PS4's internet which can't open PDFs. I often surf ordo from the PS4 and just hook up a keyboard to post. Con is the lack of spell check, but I still type better than people posting from cell phones with auto-correct working against them....

The first PDF they released had the SoS and Custodians only, making it so you had to run Unbound to run them in your army.  The PDF only covers their rules in 40k.  Anyway, after people started being all "WTF GW?  Thought you were new and cool, but nah, you up to the same ol' shenanigans." they got all butt hurt and threw us a bone and gave us "Take 1-3 squads of SoS" and "Take 1-3 Squads of Janitors" as Detachments. 

Forge World already has a reputation for "borken" models. If they went too far with the formations in DoM, people would have screamed bloody murder.

I like 30K because of the no formation rules, and the Rites of War basically are formations, so /shrug.

For some reason, I was thinking you had to take an HQ for your warlord, and that detachment became your Primary detachment. I must be getting senile in my old age.

Forge World already has a reputation for "borken" models. If they went too far with the formations in DoM, people would have screamed bloody murder.

I like 30K because of the no formation rules, and the Rites of War basically are formations, so /shrug.

For some reason, I was thinking you had to take an HQ for your warlord, and that detachment became your Primary detachment. I must be getting senile in my old age.

30k has it's own areas where it isn't balanced. I think 30k is probably less balanced than 40k, but it's a toss up. Neither are terribly well balanced. I think often GW gets near the point where the game would be balanced, then deliberately shifts the balance either to sell models, make armies fit the fluff, or just because it looks really cool.