Atlas Reactor

Hobbitron

So, anyone playing this?

For people who haven't heard, It's a simultaneous turn based moba. Like Final Fantasy Tactics meets Overwatch.

Basics are you choose a freelancer (tank/dps/support roles). Then you have 20 turns to score 5 kills. First to 5 wins.

In your turn you select an ability, and where to move (generally this is the case, though depending on the ability you may not get to move or movement can be limited). Abilities have 3 types: Prep (generally buff/debuff), Dash (special movement, often combined with buff/debuff/damage), Blast (Damage). Prep abilities resolve, then Dash, then Blast for all 8 players. However, it is all counted as the "same time" when resolving each of those phases. The easiest way to explain it, is that you can die during the Dash phase, but even if you selected a blast, it will still resolve. You have a 20s time limit on your turn in standard play.

I've played a couple dozen games, and the game has only been out for a few weeks. It shows some promise, and they just added ranked mode. If you're into that. The game plays super fast, 25 minute games is pretty much the max. Queue times are under 2 minutes. I was honestly surprised with how little strategy I thought there would be, and now that I've played it there's quite a bit of depth. You have to manage your big damage/buffs with their dashes. Since a Dash can move a freelancer out of a square before the blast phase resolves, you need to track when a dash is down or available for a freelancer. Otherwise your super high damage ultimate move will miss.

There is a Free version. In it you have limited access to freelancers that rotates. You can earn skins, and other cosmetic stuff, but you cannot unlock any freelancers, can't spend currency on cosmetics, and don't get access to ranked. However, it's a great way to try out the game. The most basic version is only 29.99 though, so it's super low on the range of game costs.

shameless recruit a friend link

Glyph tag if you want to add: Hobbitron#5195

• Like 2