Dropfleet Commander is here!

Lyraeus

Dropfleet commander has landed and is growing. 

For those that dont know, Dropfleet Commander is a Space combat game that takes place in the orbit of planets. You have classic Battlefleet Gothic styles of combat, you have objectives of getting boots to the ground and you can take over stations! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Lyraeus can give you more insight here, but from what I can see...

Decently.  The February tournament had 8 players, from 3 different play groups.  There were 3ish more that couldn't make that particular event.

The Portland Game Store has a dedicated night to both Hawk games (Saturday, I think?).

Hawk is releasing wave two (Corvettes!) next week.  They have also released two erratas so far, so they care about balance.

On 3/24/2017 at 3:25 PM, Atules said:

Oh cool! Do you guys have some way to communicate events and things? I'm really curious about the game

I have sent out the Bat-signal for Lyraeus, he does stuff in Portland weekly.  My group is just two of us in Vancouver, next game probably not until Mid April.

I am on Facebook, the forums and you can PM me for my email. So many different areas and I forget one of them. 

Thank you for your interest. The game is going strong. Having our 3rd tournament at the end of April and likely the 4th in May or June. 

The game is strong and a lot of fun. Straight forward enough that it is not hard but a lot of depth. 

I tend to handle all the demos and have fleets for all factions though I have to build my Shaltari up more. 

• 2 months later...

It is still active!

Lyraeus runs a tournament at The Portland Game Store every other month (The next one is either June 24th or July 1st), and a friend and I play occasionally at my house.  I think the next time for that would be July 2nd or 9th.  

Are either of you interested?

I have the kickstarter Shaltari stuff (1 cruiser, 8 frigates, 1 voidgate) for trade as well.  Would take any other of the 3 factions for it!

Hey, Nick!

Interested, indeed! Still need to sort and assemble this all, mind. ;)

Whereabouts in Portland are you guys? And didn't know about the Portland Game Store! Awesome! It's a lot easier for me to get to than Guardian, it looks like.

As for trades, I'm still sorting through. I'd been planning to keep Scourge, PHR, and UCM, and drop my Shaltari, but if there's noone playing Shaltari I'd happily, say, trade Scourge like-for-like for Shaltari or PHR. I've got the usual Kickstarter stuff for Shaltari and Scourge, along with the Basilisk BC for the Scourge.

Meta-wise, how many are there of each faction? And what sorts of points ranges are people usually in? I'm debating how quickly I'll need to fill out with a command deck, battleships, corvettes, etc.

3 hours ago, Dvalin said:

Hey, Nick!

Interested, indeed! Still need to sort and assemble this all, mind. ;)

Whereabouts in Portland are you guys? And didn't know about the Portland Game Store! Awesome! It's a lot easier for me to get to than Guardian, it looks like.

As for trades, I'm still sorting through. I'd been planning to keep Scourge, PHR, and UCM, and drop my Shaltari, but if there's noone playing Shaltari I'd happily, say, trade Scourge like-for-like for Shaltari or PHR. I've got the usual Kickstarter stuff for Shaltari and Scourge, along with the Basilisk BC for the Scourge.

Meta-wise, how many are there of each faction? And what sorts of points ranges are people usually in? I'm debating how quickly I'll need to fill out with a command deck, battleships, corvettes, etc.

We are in (whispers) Vancouver!

Standard games are 1250, although 900 is good for your first couple games.  All factions seem decently represented, with maybe Scourge being a smidge more popular, and Shaltari a smidge less?

If we do meet up, I would happily trade you my shaltari stuff for scourge.  I will put a message here on ordo when we get closer.

Alrighty, then! In that case, I'll still have my Basilisk and a Scourge starter kit for trade, and will be looking either for a Leonidas or an Adamant for the BC, and either a Shaltari or PHR starter kit for the Scourge one. 

And gotcha on the 1250! Can definitely hit that.

Lastly, some more meta questions. How useful are the commanders for DFC? And how heavy on drop assets are most players at the 1250 and 900 points values? Are we talking vast hordes of dropships, or a group or two, or...?

Battlecrusiers are super rare right now- I'd happily take the Basilisk off your hands for 30$, or you can hold out for 50ish on ebay (if you want to deal with that).  Someone would do an exchange for the scourge starter with you.

Commanders are not that useful right now- the cards are out, but hard to get in the US.  Right now, I would only take one if you had a weird number of points left over.  Also note that there was rules update, should be available on the website (changes a few points values and stats, makes admirals better).

There is a big 'meta war' going on over drop capacity.  The release of corvettes has made things unstable on that front.  Generally you want to spend 20-40% of your points on drop (and bombardment).  You need at least 4 strike carriers, and if you are taking bulk landers, you want 2 (just one dies too easily).  Note that PHR tend to go troopship heavy (since theirs have so many guns), and Shaltari are just weird!

I don't think I will get to dropfleet in July, sadly.  However, dropping by the Portland Game store should get you a demo most saturdays!