6th Elvensword Ambassadorial GT January 28th and 29th 2017

Lord Hanaur

A question to the Ambassadors:

Who wants a massage while they game? We have a massage therapist who has agreed to join us if there is interest. She works for a chiropractic office and when I told her about our tournament, she revealed that she was a gamer and quite familiar with the rigors of a Warhammer GT. She will come at lunch time and be available during games afterwards. If there is interest, please let me know so we can make all the arrangements. We will not charge more than $5 for this.  She will spend about ten minutes with you so perhaps while you watch your opponents turn, or after a quick game, lunch time etc.... I do need to gauge interest immediately, so please respond immediately if you would like this feature to be part of our event so we can make certain her schedule is free.

I would like to announce that the 28th Ambassador has registered and agreed to represent the Dark Eldar.

With his inclusion, we have officially met the requirements of an ITC Grand Tournament.  We take this moment to thank the Ambassadors for their participation.

I would also like to point out that today is the last day for registration.  We would appreciate your 11th hour efforts to find representatives of the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Adepta Sororitas.  At this time, our messengers have returned with no word of their impending acceptance.  The Great Ones would be disappointed to hear that they have not represented themselves in the arena.

In any event, I look forward to the battle for armed supremacy ahead and am persuaded by your many quality entourages, that this will be our finest hour as a Grand Tournament.

• Like 1

Ambassadors. 

The following are the list of Secondary Objectives we may be using for Missions 2-5. Please take a moment to view them: Secondary Objectives:

Master Spy: 
Each player nominates one of their opponents non-vehicle models and announces it as their spy traitorous spy, in the order you deployed. To achieve the secondary objective, that enemy model must survive. In addition, that model must always be allocated wounds last unless a blast or Template is being used, r egardless of its position in the unit. Your troops are under strict orders not to kill him. That model will never offer to Look our Sir. Therefore if he is the closest model to the character attempting to pass a wound off, the attempt to do so automatically fails. Betrayal! 

Hold the Line: 
The mission has gone from bad to worse and there is no longer a need for caution. It's win now or die with your boots on. You must hold the enemy tide back. 
If your enemy ends the game with no units within 12" of your long board edge you have achieved the secondary objective. For a unit to be in your deployment zone for this purpose, one Scoring model must be within 12” of your deployment edge.

Legendary Heroes
Good soldiers will fight for their cause. Great soldiers would die for it. Legends are made when improbable odds are overcome.
You must destroy a unit (or force it off the board) that costs twice as many points as the unit that finishes it, in one phase. If more than one unit contributes wounds/damage to the effort that phase, count the higher point unit as killing the target. A unit that falls off the board is considered killed for purposes of this objective, but it must happen in the same Phase as the damage that caused it to flee. The combined cost of the unit is used, so when characters join to a unit, that units cost increases accordingly for purposes of this Secondary Objective.
Example: if you have a 200 point and a 300 point unit attacking the enemy’s 500 point unit in the Psyker phase, and both of your units cause damage, the 300 point unit gets credit for the kill that phase (which means this Objective is not scored). 

Frag 'Em All and Let The Emperor Sort ‘Em Out.
Only a complete victory will do. 
You can achieve the secondary objective if your enemy has less than half the original units you do at games end. For example if you end with four of your original units left on the board, and he ends with 2, you have achieved this objective. “Summoned”, regenerated or otherwise conjured kill points do not count as “alive” for this purpose.

The Vagaries of War
Even the most experienced veteran knows that the winds of battle change and with it, new orders arrive, followed by orders countermanding orders. In the end the vagaries of war are always unpredictable and the soldiers can do nothing except follow the latest command.
Place two new objective markers in the center of the board and scatter both individually 5D6 inches. Like all objectives they are impassible and if they land directly on a unit, reduce the scatter the least amount possible to place it without landing on a model or in impassible terrain. It never lands on target, so use the small arrow on the scatter die to determine the scatter direction if the "HIT" result comes up on the scatter die. If the objective scatters off the table, it stops at the board edge. New orders: Secure the objective!
To gain credit for this Secondary objective, you must control more of them than your enemy at the end of the game.

“Lord, give me the strength to find one more”.
Your battle brothers are your victory and none can be left behind in battle. 
The next time a non-vehicle unit is destroyed, leave the last model removed from that unit on its side, where the model died, which is now an independent character marker with all its previous statistics. It has one wound remaining and cannot attack in any way nor use any items it carries, but is not dead (yet), and cannot move unless it joins another non-vehicle unit.
To rescue this model and gain this Secondary Objective, it must first join a unit, which ends that units movement. You can then move in future phases to get him/her into base contact with your Deployment edge, where he/she will receive triage. The unit cannot launch assaults, nor run or turboboost when helping your downed comrade (though you can be transported at any speed in a vehicle). Once the model itself reaches your deployment edge you have achieved this Secondary Objective and the unit providing help is placed in Ongoing Reserve (announce by what legal method you wish to return at this time, such as Deep Strike if your unit has this ability).

IMPORTANT NOTE TO AMBASSADORS: Please PM me today or tomorrow and let me know that you WILL BE wanting a massage during the tournament, between rounds, at lunch and so on. Again, $5 and she will come in at 1:00 to begin. You will pay my assistant and she will give you a signed biz card which is your ticket for it. =) i will hand out cards to those who PM me as we start the show, so keep it handy.

Menus will be available when we first start as well. Please get those back to my assistant as soon as possible so we can get your lunch orders in. We are nearly prepared for your arrivals Ambassador.

• Like 1

PARKING:  Please note, Ambassadors, that the shop has a parking lot directly in front and directly behind it.  Please park your cars BEHIND the Game Matrix.  This will maximize our room.  Parking is typically plentiful but as this is a GT, and we will be here all day, it makes sense not to take the front parking to the extent we can avoid it.  This announcement should help us avoid having to delay the start of the tournament with people going to re-park their cars.  =)

As a follow up worth mentioning, the results did get in on time for everyones ITC points from the Elvensword Ambassadorial Grand Tournament and the ITC standings have been updated.  

Congratulations to Nathan Billings and Sean Morgan for winning their brackets, and to everyone who competed in the ITC this year.  There were 5435 Generals ranked in the ITC for 2016, and the Portland-Seattle corridor had many more than its share of excellent generals represented.

• Like 1