Eternal Crusade, how is it?

No its still going. I got it in early access and had many hours of unpolished fun.

I took a break on it and check back periodically when it gets updated to see how the game feels. The shooting mechanics are great, but the rules for melee constantly change and never feel quite balanced or fun.

Still, I'm a sucker for the 40k IP and this game nails the feel of the setting pretty well when it comes to the player characters. On the whole, it has potential and shouldn't have been released so early.

Yeah, I agree there, an in-game shop has no place in a game that you already purchased.

Not against pay to play, if it means free updates on a no-monthy subscription online game. Especially if the game is designed so it can be fun to play without paying. 

On the other hand, I've seen games where people that don't pay have no fun, or ones where they want you to pay into a game that is never updated and never balanced. Also hate the ones where people that don't pay can't have any fun. 

No its still going. I got it in early access and had many hours of unpolished fun.

I took a break on it and check back periodically when it gets updated to see how the game feels. The shooting mechanics are great, but the rules for melee constantly change and never feel quite balanced or fun.

Still, I'm a sucker for the 40k IP and this game nails the feel of the setting pretty well when it comes to the player characters. On the whole, it has potential and shouldn't have been released so early.

Keep me posted. I look forward to the PS4 launch, even if it may not actually happen.

it does and I did. Ugh...what a pos. no help in the tutorial, the vehicles couldn't even work right. $20 was $15 too much. That game should be free and come with an apology.

Sadly, this is what I come to expect from GameWorkshop computer game partnerships.  I don't know if this is because they try to get their hands into design and screw up the programmers and/or the engine being used or if it is just that they are like LucasArts in the past and they want to make sure the IP is handled to their exacting specifications making design work near impossible.  Regardless, I view each new GW game title with trepidation and sadness and try not to hold out any hope for them.  That way when you get the occasional gem like SpaceMarine you can be pleased about it.

The thread about Mordheim almost has me interested enough to give it a chance...  I just have so much skepticism because of replies like Scipiano's here (which I read as, "gawd, I wish this game was not [big bad swear word]e")...  I love the IP but that is not an excuse to [big bad swear word] into a space marine mold and then try and sell it to me.

The best 40k game I played was a Steam mod for Skyrim, which gives you incredibly broken power armor and 40k weapons for skyrim....Doesn't change any opponents, but it looks exactly right and costs nothing more than Skyrim already costed me.

Sadly, this is what I come to expect from GameWorkshop computer game partnerships.  I don't know if this is because they try to get their hands into design and screw up the programmers and/or the engine being used or if it is just that they are like LucasArts in the past and they want to make sure the IP is handled to their exacting specifications making design work near impossible.  Regardless, I view each new GW game title with trepidation and sadness and try not to hold out any hope for them.  That way when you get the occasional gem like SpaceMarine you can be pleased about it.

The thread about Mordheim almost has me interested enough to give it a chance...  I just have so much skepticism because of replies like Scipiano's here (which I read as, "gawd, I wish this game was not [big bad swear word]e")...  I love the IP but that is not an excuse to [big bad swear word] into a space marine mold and then try and sell it to me.

The Mordheim game and that Blood Bowl game are very well done. Granted, neither are any better than their tabletop counterparts. You just gain the option to play against bots, instead of playing against players when they have the time. I think GW can't handle making computer games with space marines in them, but all of the products where you can't play a space marine have been great games. 

I also recommend Fire Warrior (sadly was released around the time of one of the Halo games, so it is easily missed, but it's a solid shooter game where you play as a TAU Fire Warrior). Dawn of War 1 was also very good, though I can't say the same about the sequel or expansions to either. 

The best 40k game I played was a Steam mod for Skyrim, which gives you incredibly broken power armor and 40k weapons for skyrim....Doesn't change any opponents, but it looks exactly right and costs nothing more than Skyrim already costed me.

I'm going to assume that this mod was not endorsed by GamesWorkshop.  That's actually where I expect to find the best stuff.  The fans *love* the IP and if left to their own devices they'll do magical things with it.  Only when the bean counters and pencil pushers get involved does it seem to go wrong.

I didn't mean to slight BloodBowl (it's actually one of the games featured on my profile on steam!) and as you imply I missed Fire Warrior (although I am not a particular fan of straight shooters so it might not be as good for me).  I'm curious what other "non-SpaceMarine" properties people think of.  I mean...  BloodBowl and Mordheim we've talked about.  Total War: WARHAMMER was one I chose to give a pass more because of the Total War engine than anything else.  Man O' War: Corsair is one I know nothing about.  Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide is one I gave a pass because I didn't need to pay $30 to reskin Left4Dead which is what a lot of reviewers called it.  Talisman is available with a fairly solid rendering of the boardgame...  Doesn't that just about cover *everything*?  Oh, the MMO...

Not that many non-SM GW video games. Not a huge number of GW video games anyway. So it could certainly be a fluke.

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide is one I gave a pass because I didn't need to pay $30 to reskin Left4Dead which is what a lot of reviewers called it.

Is it really a reskin of left for dead? I'm not a zombie fan, but I actually enjoyed that left for dead when playing with a friend. Might look into that Vermintide game....

That Warhammer Online was actually a really excellent MMO at launch. The issue is that GW seemed expectent that it would dominate the MMO market, so they ditched right after the launch when it became clear that it wouldn't be more popular than WoW. That core game is actually really well done (for an mmo). But they still had no reason to suspect they'd be producing something better than WoW. And on that front, even if the game was better than WoW, it would be a while before it became popular just because GW has quite the reputation for not supporting their own games shortly after launch, and otherwise producing inferior digital games. 

I really wish the PS4 digital store had user reviews. I overlook far too many good games because they can't figure out how to describe themselves.