The NAF has made some decisions

savion47

And are slightly splitting from the GW rules.

http://www.thenaf.net/2016/12/december-naf-minutes/

Wizards will be back, as well as Slann. Other stuff as well. This is for thier tournament guidelines but will likely bleed into leagues as well. Some of these I was already planning on doing anyway. What are people's thoughts?

Oh and no use of reroll for piling on.

And are slightly splitting from the GW rules.

http://www.thenaf.net/2016/12/december-naf-minutes/

Wizards will be back, as well as Slann. Other stuff as well. This is for thier tournament guidelines but will likely bleed into leagues as well. Some of these I was already planning on doing anyway. What are people's thoughts?

Oh and no use of reroll for piling on.

To clarify, the Wizards and Slann decisions are not splitting from GW. Andy Hoare has said both are approved as-is from the CRP and will be back in the new rules, but they are tidying up Wizards and can't publish a roster for a team with no miniatures available. 

only if you have a reroll you want to waste.

For some teams it's not necessarily waste. Dwarves & Humans would only take on 70k of tv for a PO attempt. When you get to the teams that rely on it as a mechanism to win a match you get into 90k+. For Elf teams it doesn't really matter until you look at the possibility of them getting more inducements vs a team that uses/relies on PO (Norse, Chaos, Nurgle, etc.). Some of it can be circumvented with the Leader skill & isn't too bad if you have cheap (IE: not doubles) Pass access.

Overall, even though it's been changed to be almost a completely useless skill it still somehow favors certain teams more than others. Even then, it's not the teams that rely on it the most. I'd like to see GW's playtest data (haha. Get it? It's funny cause I implied they playtested!).

For some teams it's not necessarily waste. Dwarves & Humans would only take on 70k of tv for a PO attempt. When you get to the teams that rely on it as a mechanism to win a match you get into 90k+. For Elf teams it doesn't really matter until you look at the possibility of them getting more inducements vs a team that uses/relies on PO (Norse, Chaos, Nurgle, etc.). Some of it can be circumvented with the Leader skill & isn't too bad if you have cheap (IE: not doubles) Pass access.

Overall, even though it's been changed to be almost a completely useless skill it still somehow favors certain teams more than others. Even then, it's not the teams that rely on it the most. I'd like to see GW's playtest data (haha. Get it? It's funny cause I implied they playtested!).

Have you read that they didn't?

Have you read that they didn't?

No but I think it's a pretty common jab at them that they don't play-test or they only play-test within a certain, rigid setup that doesn't account for other variables. There's a decent amount of online testimonials (take that with a grain) that say this as well as stating they don't listen to all the play-tester feedback & just do what they want regardless of whether it's a good design idea or not.

I have read that play-testing is done within the confines of what GW thinks the game should be played at. Mulling over the redraft rules & WTR rule it seems that's about 1400 team value. Not a huge issue unless you're in a perpetual league with high numbers (Wait a second! How the [big bad swear word] did I get to 1620 tv in one season?!?!? Now I hate the redraft rule!!).

I've also read that they create rules based around miniature design which seems a bit daft to me as one would think it should be the other way around.

Apparently I'm not alone with that last point: http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=43419

• 5 months later...

NAF came out their opinions on DZ2 stuff

https://www.thenaf.net/2017/05/naf-and-death-zone-2/

NAF committee met this evening to discuss the rules in Death Zone 2, which broadly fall into two categories – roster changes and inducement changes.  As with the previous ruling, we are allowing a two-month adjustment period.

Roster Changes

There are small changes to the Chaos Pact and Goblin rosters – a new Orc linemen for Pact and two new positionals for the Goblins.  These roster changes will be optional until the end of July (TOs choice), and then mandatory for NAF tournaments from the beginning of August 2017.

Inducement Changes

All inducements are optional, and this would apply to the new rules.  If they are being included this should be clearly noted in the rules pack.  If the tournament rules pack has already been advertised you should consider whether participants have enough time to adjust, if you decide to include the new inducements.

As with the previous Star Player ruling, if Stars are allowed, from the beginning of August if any Stars are allowed then all Stars from the previous NAF document and DZ2 should be allowed.  Until then the DZ2 Stars are optional for TOs.

There will be an official document with full details in the next few weeks.