Battle of the Bulge Campaign is almost here - apologies

barca

I apologize profusely about the delay and going dark for several days.

Before I whine and complain, here is the short version of the plan:

1. Add the unit symbols DONE
  2. Post the completed document sometime today, THU DEC 8, or Friday, DEC 9. Blame work and NW weather. DONE
  3. Decide where the campaign blog will be. I cannot post many pics to this forum.
  4. Print out 3 copies of the FS doc.
  5. Laminate the map, symbols and tables.
  6. Get together with ZEKE and lazarus tonight, or Saturday, or next Thursday, depending on availability, weather and traffic to set up first turn.
  7. Depending on when we can setup the first turn, adjust the schedule on the calendar thread
  8. Post a new thread for each turn, for battle orders, text results and link to the website with pics.
  9. Post the pics and detailed write-up on different website (TBD) that allows lots of high-quality pictures.
  10. Start doing some promo after we get first turn started, and have a website to point people to.
  11. This forum will be the admin focus: pick a battle, file a battle report, see text report of what is going on in each turn, see link to website/blog post.
  12. For a view of the map and photos of battle, go to the website.

Weather and traffic in PDX forecast to be lousy to terrible. A work day for me, so we will see how it goes...

I still have to finish the unit symbols, but (edit - DONE) everything else is there (27 pages): The instructions, the map, the battle orders, the reports, the tables. However, since I can only upload 1.19 MB on this account, I will wait until after lunch today before posting. Using my lunch break to finish the unit symbols.

Lazarus might appreciate the improvements I made in the turn sequence, tables and Generals Battle instructions after our experience with the Firestorm Normandy (great, but confusing).

I started off trying to modify Firestorm Lorraine - which is a great creation by Joekull Gislason - but ended up writing 90% of this from scratch, and borrowing from other Firestorms.

If anyone wants to take on a Firestorm creation project, talk to me first, before you start. It is a great project, but much larger than I anticipated. If you want to know more, then let's chat by phone or in person.  There is too much to write down.

Attentive historians will note that many units are missing (e.g., no 106th ID), but I stuck with the Ardennes units in the Battlefront "Bulge Compilation" handbooks. Yes, they left out many units, but that is OK. The flavor of the historical event is there.

In addition to the instructions in the document, experience has shown that each turn should be a separate forum thread.

If I can safely get home, then to Kinko's, print and laminate the Firestorm stuff and safely get to GG tonight, DEC 8, I will be there to kick off the campaign.

If that occurs, I will post this afternoon on the forum. I will also update the schedule so as to not short-change the campaign.

If delayed again, see items 2 and 6, above.

Ardennes winter weather is here, too!

Blizzard started both at home and near office.

I will be home-bound and telecommuting rest of Thursday and prob all Friday.

Not risking driving to GG tonight.

Will PM or e-mail to coordinate get together for starting turn one.

Will adjust schedule once I know when the Generals can get together.

• Like 1