Anyone playing Elite Dangerous?

Duckman

LOL

Well, I have finished my tutorials and I am ready to go out into the universe and...  I'd say make my mark but I expect it will be more like leave a trail of blood as I get smashed repeatedly.

I've got enough handle on the universe to know that I am going to be running cargo and then trying mining when I can afford to do it.  After that the concept of Powerplay sounds awesome but god only knows if I have the actual interest for it.

OK, I gotta say.  This game gets really high marks from me.

I like a solid sim and this one is great at what it tackles.

It is also a really smart MMO.  It runs off a single server but it lets you determine how you want to instance...  Solo, group or open.  I've been playing in open but Christmas day brought out the ganker children.  I am still clearly a noob and I got jumped by some jokers (a wing of at least two) who made no effort to actually extort money or anything but just killed me outright.  I was not even worth their time to do that.  I can shift to solo for the holiday and the only way my experience changes is that they griefers go away...  I can switch back to open at any time without loss of progress.  *Really* smart idea.

Still waiting for my Star Citizen investment to pay off...  

I've heard rumors that he is changing engines (again).  I'm worried that this is fast approaching the Duke Nukem legacy because he's unwilling to develop and deliver a complete enough game without reengineering the guts over and over.

I get that you need to upgrade the engine but you need to get a functional product to your backers that they can enjoy before you gut the thing again.

I've heard rumors that he is changing engines (again).  I'm worried that this is fast approaching the Duke Nukem legacy because he's unwilling to develop and deliver a complete enough game without reengineering the guts over and over.

I get that you need to upgrade the engine but you need to get a functional product to your backers that they can enjoy before you gut the thing again.

So they kind of changed the engine.  It's still based on the Cry Engine, just Amazons new flavor of Cry called Lumber Yard.  Or something like that...

https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/24/star-citizen-switches-to-amazon-game-engine/