Ordo Blood Bowl League 2017 Persistent League Season One

savion47

It is that time of year again folks. It is time to get our Blood Bowl on! Join in the fun and play in the OBBL 2017 Season One. All coaches new and old are welcome to play! We will be having multiple divisions around the Portland metro area.

Current Divisions:

OBBL Premiership League (for seasoned coaches hosted by Ordo Fanaticus)

OBBL Super League (for newer and returning coaches hosted at Guardian Games)

OBBL South League (Hosted at Geeks & Games in Oregon City for newer coaches. At this time I am working with the Commissioner for this league to see what rules they are going to be using.)

Please read through the current rules pack here. Yes it is a bit long, but I wanted to make sure that everyone had as much information as I could think of especially for newer players. Rules currently at 1.1. There was a minor update to the re-draft section to clarify coaches can use teams from past seasons.

To sign up please follow the instructions in the rules packet under "Signing Up." If you have any questions you can either post in this thread or reach out to the following Commissioners for each league:

OBBL Premiership - savion47 - shane@OrdoBowl.com

OBBL Super League - Weav - Weav@OrdoBowl.com

OBBL South League - jollyork

Schedule

SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON REGISTRATION

·       Jan. 1st – Jan 12th: Registration and roster building on OrdoBowl.com (need to be done so matches can be made)

·       Jan 16th – Feb. 5th: Rounds 1 & 2

·       Feb. 6th – Feb. 26th: Rounds 3 & 4

·       Feb. 27th – Mar. 19th: Rounds 5 & 6

·       March 27th – April 16th: Rounds 7 & 8 (if registration numbers require it)

After the regular season, playoff matches will take place and a schedule will be made. Coaches will be encouraged to play matches as quickly as possible.

FAQ

• Human and Skaven teams are not correct on ordobowl.com. - Site has been updated and you can now build these rosters.
  • Ordobowl.com does not show the Timmm-ber! skill on the Halflings roster - Fixed
  • Can I use my team from the previous Season? - YES
  • How will each league handle MVP rolls? - The Premiership league will be using the old style MVP roll where any player who participated is eligible to receive the MVP. The Super League will be using the the new D3 MVP roll from Death Zone Season One.
  • What is thes starting cash for teams? - 1 million gold pieces.
  • Like 1

League Registration List:

OBBL Primiership League

OBBL Super League

OBBL South League

•  
  • Like 1

2017 Premiership Season 1 Matches:

Round 1;

Bugman:

Orcidas

Round 2

Bugman:

Orcidas:

Round 3:

Inter-Conference

Round 4:

Bugman:

Orcidas

Round 5:

Inter-Conference

Round 6:

Bugman

Orcidas

Round 7:

Inter-Conference

Round 8:

Bugman

Orcidas

Those of you I met at Guardian Games during the 'Learn to Play Blood Bowl' events: you will be in the Ordo Super League. Please post here which team you would like to play. Remember, you can choose teams from the main rule book (humans and orcs), Death Zone and the Teams of Legends pdf.

OK, I read through the rules packet, just a couple of questions/ slight concerns.  I have not purchased the new box set or the death zone season 1 rulebook.  Will there be a cheat sheet made for the rules needed i.e. Expensive Mistakes, Spiraling Expenses, etc. that are only found in those places?  Also how about special play cards?  I haven't seen the new special play cards, but I do have the old ones from the 3rd? edition box and Death Zone.  Are the new cards repeats from those sets (fingers crossed)? If not, I'm sure there will be a deck at game nights, just wondering if there might be an issue when 2 players are meeting a different night and neither owns the deck. 

I'm also a new/returning player so I'll be Super League playing Chaos Dwarfs.

Yes, there should be plenty of copies available for people to reference during the post match sequence for expensive mistakes. The rules for Spiraling Expenses can are the same as what is in the CRP. I heard a rumor that GW is going to be putting out a document with everything needed, though I am not sure of the time frame for it.

Would love to sign up for this league. I'm new to the area but a long time BB player. Not sure which division would be better for me to sign up for. 

Planning to play Chaos Dwarves.

Cheers

We would love to have you play in the Premiership division.

If you are not familiar with WOW you can get some information here. We have Game Nights at that location most Tuesdays (which will be league days) and Sundays. We post up for the game nights in the Game Night section of the forums.  Let me know if you have any questions!

• Like 1

We would love to have you play in the Premiership division.

If you are not familiar with WOW you can get some information here. We have Game Nights at that location most Tuesdays (which will be league days) and Sundays. We post up for the game nights in the Game Night section of the forums.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Sounds good to me