Ordo Blood Bowl League 2017 Persistent League Season One

savion47

When can we start using the Hall of Fame pack? and or Blitzmania cards? Also everyone having them isn't an excuse. If I and my opponent(yes. It is I first.) both bring the same cards do we both use our decks or just one??????

If you would like to use these cards then talk it over with your opponent. I personally love the new Hall of Fame pack compared to the BB box set, but they came out mid season and I am not going to mandate their use. 

As to using card decks, a single deck works best.

I have been mulling over the use of cards in the league for future seasons and if you have any input you would like to share on the direction you would like the league to go, please feel free to post up, PM, or email me your thoughts.

Inducements!

Yes it is time to talk about inducements in this installment of How to Use OrdoBowl More Better. Another feature of the site that I I don't think people are aware of is the Inducement Try-Out feature on your team roster page. Simply log in and go to your team roster. You know that place where you hire/fire players, give player skills, etc. From there you will find the Inducement Try-Out button on the bar under your roster.

What this does is allow you to plan out your inducements before the match and generate a pdf roster to print with all the fancy information already entered. This way you can have a reference for all those star player stats, build a Merc player with included stats, or just remind yourself of that genius inducement strategy you came up with at 3am!

If you have any questions about this feature please free free to post up or send me a PM!

Here are my current musings on the Card Conundrum in Blood Bowl.

If cards are going to be a league requirement in future seasons (note that is a big IF), the choice of which deck to use will be restricted. I personally find the Heroic Feats cards to be the mostly likely candidate at this time. They have the potential to be beneficial, without being way over the top. All other cards could only be acquired as inducements and would be costed based on the deck they came from (like the old cards were). Cards, specifically limited edition cards, could be banned all together for a variety of reasons. 

Please do not read this as some sort of plan for future seasons of the league, this is just my initial thoughts and I want to have a discussion about cards and their use in the league.

• Like 2

jollyork and I played a friendly last night using the new decks of cards from the Hall of Fame pack. They were fun to use while not having a massive impact on the game. I was basically able to pull off a desperate play to get the ball by having one player able to ignore tackle zone penalties to dice rolls for a single turn. it was a great play, that ended with me failing to make a 2+ handoff. JO was able to retrieve the ball and win the game. 

The more I play with the new decks, the more I like them. Anyone else who have used them have any thoughts?

• Like 2

As we finish off Round 4 this week I want to take a moment to thank everyone in the league. Everyone is getting their games in on time and making the league a pleasure to run. Both Weav and Dan are also putting a great amount of work into getting new players and creating a wonderful atmosphere for new players to learn the fun that a BB league can bring.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 4

Round 5 matches have been created in OrdoBowl for the Premiership. We are past wrapping up the 1/2 way point in the season! If you would like to see how the standing are for each division, you can do so by going to League Menu>League Tables, then select 2017 Premiership Season 1 in the "Select Tournament" dropdown box. 

There is still a long way to go to see who will make the playoffs and anything can happen.

For the Premiership League, I have a short announcement.

I have been working on securing prizes for the league! While I currently don't have a lot, here is what will be given away so far:

• Winner gets a Dwarf Giants box (please harass me to get off my butt and buy it before I completely forget)
  • I will also raffle off a Pack Mini from Battlefoam!

If I acquire any more prizes to be raffled off I will post them up!

• 2 weeks later...