How to paint Tallarn models?

Just got an Apocalypse quanity of Tallarn from ebay. I'm very happy with the models, but my mind goes straight to painting them as negative sterotypes of Arabs.

Anyone have some other suggests for paint? If it matters, only 1 sculpt has a beard (Captain Al'raheim), the rest are cleanly shaven. I don't really want an army of negative sterotypes, but I do like the Desert Raiders theme of the Tallarn. 

As for other ideas that crossed my mind. Could paint them black and do a Ninja theme, despite mostly guns for weapons, the Tallarn are basically dressed as ninjas. Another idea would be to paint them all female, since the models are cleanly shaven, so they become a female army of negative arab sterotypes, which is enough different where it could be fun.

Other suggestions? I don't really want to modify the models (looking for suggestions solved in basing and paint exclusively), but I also want to avoid being a mundane  or racially offensive army. 

• 2 months later...

Still haven't painted much, so you are certainly not too late. Still working out the scheme in my head.

I'm thinking the infantry will have dark blue robes, as sort of a night operations theme (maybe camo, depending how ambitious I get). The vehicles and armored shoulder pads (and horses) will be a desert tan. The sort of turban-hat, I'm thinking red, to bring them in line with my SM which are bright red and bright blue, though the tallarn will be different shades of each (though if I do camo, they could include flecks of the matching shades).

Latest related question comes in regarding the Bullgryns I purchased (slab shields, if wondering). Not exactly robed, so if sticking with the desert theme, I'm thinking I need to paint them badly sunburned. Suggestions on painting sunburns?

The other option is to paint them as orks (green skin), since I kinda feel that the ogryns are ork-like models. I went with the gas mask looking heads, so they could be orks or ogryns without anyone being the wiser regarding iconic facial features of each. Opinions?

4 hours ago, DasBox said:

I direct you here. Some Orks get really odd ideas in their heads.

http://a20t43c.deviantart.com/art/Emperor-s-greenest-318924224

Very funny.

Had a similar project, a while back, which I ditched, but was going to run a bunch of ork "fanboyz" which were pretending to be the same chapter space marines as my own. That project sorta fizzled.

Can't find it on the net, but there was a really cool ork conversion for Kommandos, where they had riot shields with SM painted on them, to represent infiltrating....as if the SM wouldn't notice that a squad of marines were just cardboard cutouts that some orks were holding. Very awesome.

• 1 month later...