Official FAQs are live

pretre

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/

Posted 20/01/2017

FAQs for every Codex – live now!

40kFAQ-header.jpg

Great news gamers: the finalised official FAQs for every one of our Warhammer 40,000 codexes have just been released.

These Frequently Asked Questions cover a huge range of the most common queries or rules ambiguities, and we hope they are a great help in your games.

These FAQs have been approached in a new way that has taken a little longer than some of our previous FAQs, but we’ve tried to keep the process transparent and make sure that you gamers out there were involved every step of the way (which can be a tricky because there are tens of thousands of you!).

Last year, we asked you on our Warhammer 40,000 Facebook page what questions you had about the rules and the game. We got literally thousands of questions, everything from common misconceptions, to some really insightful thoughts about interactions with some of the more complex and obscure rules of the game.

Our rules team worked tirelessly (alongside their day job of making new codexes and games) to answer as many of the questions as they could, before we released draft versions of the FAQs for you guys to give feedback on. We got a big response again, with a load more questions, some more clarification needed, and a few changes to make.

Finally, after the final amends were put in, we worked with the teams from some of the biggest independant Warhammer 40,000 events out there to make sure the answers were good to go – so a big thanks to both the AdeptiCon Tournament team, and the guys from the Las Vegas Open for their contributions.

And now, here we are!

Your questions, answered by our rules team, checked by you, and double checked by the people out there with the most experience of the Warhammer 40,000 tournament scene.

Enjoy!

Adepta Sororitas Download-button.png Astra Militarum  Download-button.png Blood Angels  Download-button.png Blood Oath  Download-button.png Chaos Daemons  Download-button.png Chaos Space Marines  Download-button.png Clan Raukaan  Download-button.png Craftworlds  Download-button.png Cult Mechanicus Download-button.png Curse of the Wulfen Download-button.png Dark Angels Download-button.png Dark Eldar Download-button.png Death Masque Download-button.png Deathwatch Download-button.png Farsight Enclaves Download-button.png Genestealer Cults Download-button.png Grey Knights Download-button.png Haemonculus Covens Download-button.png Harlequins Download-button.png Imperial Agents Download-button.png Imperial Knights Download-button.png Inquisition Download-button.png Khorne Daemonkin Download-button.png Legion of the Damned Download-button.png Militarum Tempestus Download-button.png Necrons Download-button.png Officio Assassinorum Download-button.png Orks Download-button.png Shield of Baal: Exterminatus Download-button.png Shield of Baal: Leviathan Download-button.png Skitarii Download-button.png Space Marines Download-button.png Space Wolves Download-button.png Tau Empire Download-button.png Traitor Legions Download-button.png Tyranids Download-button.png Waaagh! Ghazghkull Download-button.png War Zone Damocles: Kauyon Download-button.png War Zone Damocles: Mont’ka Download-button.png

Once again, a big thanks to our rules guys and editors who worked through all your questions, the events teams from AdeptiCon and Las Vegas Open and, most of all, you guys for all your questions and feedback.

Happy gaming folks.

• Like 1

This was clear from FoC, but:

Q:
Imperial Agents
seems to replace existing material but
Games Workshop has indicated that players can use either
the new or older material. As
Imperial Agents
lacks certain
things present in older material, such as Servo Skulls, which do
we use?
A: If you have bought and own the existing and still
currently available digital
Codex: Adepta Sororitas
and
Codex: Inquisition
, you can use those over the rules
presented in
Imperial Agents

if you wish

• Like 3

I think this is a change from the draft:

Q: If an Independent Character joins a unit of Wulfen, do the
Wulfen models still get to use the Bounding Lope rule?
A: No.

Q: If an Independent Character joins a unit from a Space
Wolves Deathpack Formation, can they still benefit from the For
Glory, For Russ! special rule (for example, Run and then still
be able to charge in the same turn)?
  • Like 1

Q: It’s not specifically stated that anything other than Veterans
can take a Dedicated Transport. The assumption is that all Kill
Team combinations,Terminator units, etc. can take a Dedicated
Transport within the limitations dictated by the types of model
in the squad. Is this correct?
A: No, but you can select Transports as Fast Attack
options, for example, if you like.

Ouch. So if you're in a formation, you can't take a dedicated transport unless you are just a Veteran Squad. Deathwatch got the hammer in this release.

[big bad swear word]. My OFCC list was just invalidated

Q: Can a Veteran be equipped with both a Deathwatch shotgun
and a boltgun? This seems possible since they can take items
from both the Ranged Weapons and Special Weapons list.

Okay, so I have two Shotgun/Bolters in my army. One has a holstered bolter, so that's easy to fix. The other will require an arm swap.

I'm going to ignore this ruling for Stalker and Boltgun unless the HOG wants me to swap, since it doesn't specifically address it.

Ouch. So if you're in a formation, you can't take a dedicated transport unless you are just a Veteran Squad. Deathwatch got the hammer in this release.

No. Its saying EL termie squad doesn't have a dedicated transport option, you have to take a fa to get it a flyer.

No. Its saying EL termie squad doesn't have a dedicated transport option, you have to take a fa to get it a flyer.

But that's not what it says.

So, if you take a Purgatus with 5 Vets, Libby and a Terminator, you can't take a Ded transport because that is a Kill Team Combination and not a Veteran squad, even though that squad fits in a drop pod.

I find it interesting that in the CSM FAQ they specified that the mutations that Possessed get only last through the player turn, but they didn't mention it for the KDK book. I noticed a couple days ago that the KDK book states that the mutations last until the end of the game turn... so KDK Possessed are slightly better? Still terrible, but less so.

• Like 2

Is Legion of the Damned identical between it's "codex" and Imperial Agents? I noticed it's not on the list like Sisters and Inquisition.

No, it's not. They have fewer options in Imperial Agents. Specifically, Sergeants can't take Combi-Weapons there, which sucks, since both of mine are modeled with them, and they're really nice to have. But the Detachment they get in IA is really sweet. Looks like I need to do some more chopping and magnetizing.

I think this is a change from the draft:

Q: If an Independent Character joins a unit of Wulfen, do the
Wulfen models still get to use the Bounding Lope rule?

Q: If an Independent Character joins a unit from a Space
Wolves Deathpack Formation, can they still benefit from the For
Glory, For Russ! special rule (for example, Run and then still
be able to charge in the same turn)?

Thanks for linking all of these Pretre. I'm pretty sure this was in the draft before and stays consistent with the whole independent characters not gaining special rules for detachments that they aren't apart of originally thing. Also, I really like that they changed the whole psychic focus thing for daemons, since it was annoying not being able to automatically take the primaris from other disciplines since my Nurgle psychers always had the primaris from the Nurgle discipline. It's even better since Daemon Princes who roll on Telepathy automatically get Psychic Shriek and daemons who roll on Malefic automatically get Summoning instead of having to swap whatever power they rolled for it.