Dark Tower Blood Bowl League

white_devil

GAME RULESET

1.0 Length and Duration

The Dark Tower Blood Bowl League will run concurrently with GW's Blitzmania world wide campaign, starting February 4th. Coaches will play each other coach in the league twice. Minimum 2 games per month. More games may be played, but after the 2 scored league games against the same coach, no further scores will count towards the league playoffs. Team development in extra games is fine.

1.1 LRB6

All rules for playing a game and drafting a team are covered in Living Rulebook 6 (aka LRB6) verbatim unless otherwise contradicted in this ruleset, or an errata released by Games Workshop. LRB6 may be downloaded here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.bloodbowlgamers.com/downloads/LRB6.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjW7ey30tTRAhVY5GMKHatADAYQFggcMAA&usg=AFQjCNFTlDwnMuPDcJ0I5HDSTXfCNh-R5w&sig2=VcE4wVGd7xKGRvEAxfclxQ

1.2 Teams

All teams defined in LRB6 are available for play. The three experimental teams (Chaos Pact, Underworld and Slann) are also available for play.

1.3 Special Play Cards

No special play cards will be used in this league. The exception to this will be the Blitzmania special play card of the week. Collect this at the front desk. You may only use one card, one time.

1.4 Turn Duration

Timing of a turn will be between coaches. Timing suggestions: Timing can depend on what the experience of the coach is. New coaches can be given unlimited time to play their turn for their first 4 official games. After that, they should be able to finish out the current season with 6 minute turns. The start of their next season can be at the 4 minute turns prescribed in LRB6. This can be modified at the discretion of the commissioner on a case-by-case basis.

1.5 MVPs

Randomized as per the LRB between the players that took part in the game.

1.6 Skill-Ups

Skill-ups should be rolled in public (with your opponent after the game is easiest). In the case that they cannot be, they should be done on a randomizer site such as Secure Dice where the results may be mailed to the opponent and/or commissioner. Note that the player with the skill up should be clearly identified before the dice roll is made. The skill does not have to be chosen in public though, it may be done at any time before the team's next match (even if the player is not eligible for that match due to an injury).

1.7 Bounties

Any coach may submit a bounty to the commissioner for the death and/or maiming of a specific player (including one of his own). The funds will be removed from the coach's treasury at the time of the declaration of the bounty, not when a player is killed. There is a 10K minimum and no cap can be placed on the bounty. Upon injury or death and AFTER the apothecary or regeneration roll is made, the inflicting coach would receive 1/2 the pot (rounded down to the nearest 10K) if the final result of the injury is a "MNG" or worse. The inflicting coach would receive the full amount if the player is killed. This payout happens no matter how a player is hurt or dies (e.g. crowd surfing or foul is legal). Players who are regenerated or saved by the apothecary will not result in a payout of any portion of the bounty. If a bounty remains unclaimed by a coach when the original player retires or the team is removed from play, the bounty is lost. If the player should come out of retirement for any reason, this bounty is immediately reinstated.

1.8 Inducement order

The gold transfer will be moved to AFTER the team value calculation during the pre-match sequence. This allows coaches to spend their treasury on inducements without inflating their team value.

2. LEAGUE MATCHES

2.1 Reporting Match Results

Match results may be filled out using the blitzmania result sheets in the store, reporting the match result on the forum, or by contacting the commissioner with the match result. Please note if the match was a league game, blitzmania/friendly game, or both.

2.1.1 Team Points and Tie-breakers

Teams will be ranked for playoffs by points. Wins=3pts, ties=2pts, losses=1pt, forfeit=0pts.

2.1.2 Two-way ties in the division will be broken in order by: 1. Head-to-head play 2. Divisional record 3. Common opponents record 4. TD differential 5. Cas differential 6. Team ELO (on the OBBLM site) 7. Coin flip

2.1.3 Three-way ties (or more) in the division will be broken in order by: 1. Record against teams in the tie 2. Divisional record 3. Common opponents record 4. TD differential 5. Cas differential 6. Team ELO 7. Coin flip

2.2 Game Schedule

You will play each coach in the league twice. The top ranked teams will play each other in the playoffs.

2.3 Game Forfeits

Teams must make best effort to get their games in. Any coach having issues connecting with their opponents should contact the commissioner for assistance. If one team is unable to play their game, it will be marked as a forfeit as per LRB6 rules without the requirement to roll if players leave the team. Only the commissioner can assign a forfeit.

2.3.1 In the rare case where a team shows up on the game day, but can't complete their game in the month following, the commissioner will rule on the outcome based on the efforts of both teams.

2.4 Restarting and Replacing Teams

A team may be restarted by the coach playing the same race as they did when the season began. Teams may be restarted at any time during the season. If the coach does restart the team, they will be able to keep the points that the team accrued up until that point and just start with a fresh TV1000 roster.

Team replacements occur when the coach wishes to play a different race than the one they started the season with. During a season, teams may be replaced with new teams only. If a team is replaced, that new team may not carry over the points that the original team accrued up until that point.

2.5 Coach Vacancies

In the case that a coach is unable to complete their games for the rest of the season, the commissioner may rule at their discretion that another coach may take over that team (or slot if they want to restart). If there is no available coach for that team, then all unplayed games for that team will be considered a forfeit for that player.

2.6 Team Updates

Coaches are responsible for updating their own teams. Any updates that require rolling (i.e. skill ups) will be done with your opponent after the game. Any purchasing of players or inducements will be done before or after a game, or by informing the commissioner.

2.7 Tie Games

Games may end in a tie. No overtime will be played for regular season games.

2.8 Unfinished Games

If a game cannot be completed, it may be picked up at another time. The board/score can be recorded and restarted at another designated time. If a coach cannot complete the game it may be forfeited. All statistics will be counted up to the point of the forfeit.

2.9 Injuries

Injuries to players reset at the beginning of a new season. All "miss next games" are removed from players. Niggling injuries and penalties to stats stay with the player for the rest of their careers.

3. PLAYOFFS

3.1 Star Player and Mercenary Usage

Star players and mercenaries can be used in playoff games.

3.2 Prizes

1st - 100,000 gp + the store copy boxed set!

2nd - 60,000 gp

3rd - 30,000 gp

Other miscellaneous prizes will be awarded. Ex. Most casualties inflicted, etc.

3.3 Ties

Playoff games may not end in a tie. A new half will be started with a coin toss for receiving and the game will continue sudden death until a touchdown is scored.

3.4 Unfinished Games

If a game cannot be completed, it may be forfeited.

3.5 Injuries

Injuries to players reset at the beginning of of the playoffs. All "miss next games" are removed from players. Niggling injuries and penalties to stats stay with the player for the rest of their careers.

4. GAMEPLAY AND SPORTSMANSHIP

4.1 Model Identification

All players on the team should be identifiable with either a number or easily discernable difference in the model. If a team is using anything other than a miniature model (e.g. paper/cardboard chit or marker), the same rule applies.

4.2 Rosters

Each coach should have a copy of the team roster for their opponent. If a roster is not available, each coach should clearly explain which models have which abilities (and should be written down for reference during the match). Rosters are available for free online, as well as free blitzmania rosters at the front desk.

4.3 Designating Players Finishing Their Turn

After a model has completed their action for the turn, they should be rotated such that it is easy to discern that they have moved.

4.4 Illegal Procedure

Illegal procedure can be called on a coach for all violations of the ruleset including not moving the turn marker. Coaches can agree to waive this at the beginning of the match (or during if applicable).

4.5 Dice Usage

Both players will use the same dice for the game

4.6 Poor Sportsmanship

Coaches exhibiting repeated displays of poor sportsmanship or generally unacceptable public behavior may be disciplined by the commissioner. An official written (emailed) warning, stating it as such a warning, will be issued first. Further issues will incur disciplinary action ranging from game forfeits to expulsion from the league.

4.7 Coach Disagreements

Disagreements between coaches on a rule interpretation or any other situation should be resolved amicably between the coaches. If they cannot come to a solution, they should contact the commissioner for resolution.

• Like 3

Please respond to this thread if you are playing. Please fill out the following info:

Coach Name:

Team Race:

Team Name:

Motto: If you have one

It is also strongly recommend that you leave some contact info at the store, so that players not on this site can reach you for a game.

If you are participating in Blitzmania also, register here: https://www.bloodbowl.com

• Like 1

Great News prospective coaches!

In addition to playing, Corey has offered to make his Blood Bowl teams available for public use.

The teams are the following: Chaos Dwarves, Goblins, Elves, Lizardmen, Norse, Undead, Khemri, Skaven, Humans, Orks, and Dwarves.

If you wish to use a team, they will be behind the desk. Please respect Corey's generosity here and treat the miniatures with respect.

Great News prospective coaches!

In addition to playing, Corey has offered to make his Blood Bowl teams available for public use.

The teams are the following: Chaos Dwarves, Goblins, Elves, Lizardmen, Norse, Undead, Khemri, Skaven, Humans, Chaos, and Dwarves.

If you wish to use a team, they will be behind the desk. Please respect Corey's generosity here and treat the miniatures with respect.

Even in their unpainted glory! I'm currently holding my orc team for my use but I'm super tempted to go with my chaos team instead...if I switch my orcs will be avaliable.

I'm double checking tonight, I'm in just deciding what team.

Hells yes it would, in the best way possible! If you play Dwarfs, they are a rock-solid team, and you can play me with Warhammer figs any day of the week. Dwarfs have a relentless running game, and do the "ignore the ball and kill the opponent first, then score when the other team is dead" better than most. I'm happy to give you a learning game if you'd like. I think you'd love the unforgivable press-your-luck character of the game.

I've never played bloodbowl before, and don't own a team, but I hear good things. Would my participation upset the, uh...structured nature of this league?

Out of the teams available, I would also suggest orks as the best starting coaches bashy team. They are more flexible and just as bashy. I have found that dwarves can frustrate new players with how slow they are.

I would suggest demo'ing both and see which you like best. You still have 10 days till the league starts and a month after that to get 2 official league games in.

@ All participating, feel free to write your team info on the store banner!

I'm most interested in playing lizardmen, actually. The mix of skinks, saurus, and kroxigor seems like it would offer a balanced and flexible approach.

While stat wise balanced each player is specific in capabilites. Kroxogor is just another saurus really. Skinks while they can pickup the ball and scamper can't take a hit at all which limits their ability to improve. Also skills are what makes teams flexible position players are clutch for this.

Kevin want to try a game Tuesday with me? I need to knock the rust off and working through a teaching game would be good.

While stat wise balanced each player is specific in capabilites. Kroxogor is just another saurus really. Skinks while they can pickup the ball and scamper can't take a hit at all which limits their ability to improve. Also skills are what makes teams flexible position players are clutch for this.

Kevin want to try a game Tuesday with me? I need to knock the rust off and working through a teaching game would be good.

Maybe. How long do games take? We've also got our Armada campaign strategy meeting next Tuesday. Too many games!
  • Like 1

The league has officially started!

Everyone has 1 month to get in two games.

You may play more games of course (exhibition/friendlies) to develop your team but only the first two games wins/losses count to league standings. See league rules on page 1.

If you haven't already please write your team name on the dry erase league banner in the store.

Report all results via this thread, pm, or to me directly.