Dark Tower Blood Bowl League

white_devil

I R Gareth. ;-)

My ruling is that if you have already played your 2 games a month, you may still play someone who needs to get their games in. It will not count for your score, but it will count for theirs.

I will keep this ruling unless it proves to be unpopular by the majority.

My reasoning is: I'm trying to keep the matchmaking process as flexible as possible so that everyone can participate in the league and play as much or as little as they can/want. We are all adults here, I want to trust that a coach won't throw their game if it doesn't count for their win/loss record. Also, some people need more games for the Blitzmania global campaign.

If this trust gets abused, I will also rescind this ruling and only permit games between two people whose games both count towards the standings, or is friendly game for both.

Brendan's Horny Alcoholics vs. Bobby's Rat Bastards

I once again chose to receive the ball to start the game and the weather was calm with no effect. Bobby's skaven kicked the ball down the field and the match was on. I achieved a hold on the right side of the pitch with some solid dice rolling and had my catcher pick up the ball and head that way. Bobby wasn't having any of that and skillfully swarmed his skaven to the ball, even getting his Rat Ogre in range to next turn throw a block at the catcher. Seeing this intimidating foe before him, my catcher drank from his flask that he snuck onto the pitch (don't ask what's in it) and swung mightily at the Ogre knocking him back and to the ground. Thanks to this reprieve from the skaven giant my catcher dodged back to the other side of the pitch, and broke for the open field with several teammates right behind. Despite Bobby's hot pursuit, the catcher made it into the endzone for the first score of the game. Other notable events in the first drive was a skaven lineman, going for a block on one of my lineman, getting knocked on his back and injured. In addition, the Rat Ogre saw a Norse lineman look at him wrong and with a beastly hiss swung mightily, breaking the armor of the Norse player, and injuring him. The first half ended in a 1-0 score in favor of the Norse team. 

The Second half begun with Bobby's Rat Bastards receiving the ball, but due to a blitz carried out by the Norse, the ball was soon put under pressure. However, due to good rolling and positioning, the skaven team was able to extract the ball from the Norse's clutches and run down the field. Despite the pursuit of the Norse, the skaven blocked their way down the field and in the process injured a Norse berzerker, shattering his collar bone. A last stand was made at the goal line by the Norse team which put pressure on the ball and caused many tenuous blocks to be made. However, in the end the high mobility of the skaven prevailed and gutter runner ran into the endzone for his team's first score. The next highlight of the half came after a quick turnover or two by the skaven which opened up the opportunity for the Norse catcher to slide up the sideline and dive for the endzone (twice) for the score, past some very angry skaven linerats and gutter runners. Seeing themselves in a position to win the game, Egil, a lineman for the Norse team, threw himself into harms way to ensure his team the victory. Seeing the opportunity for a blitz as the ball was kicked, he streaked down the field and dodged in front of a gutter runner to snag the ball out from under the skaven's hands. This prompted a rapid response by the skaven who surrounded the ball and proceeded to pummel Egil furiously. Egil held his ground through several skaven blocks, but the weight of numbers brought him down giving the ball to a skaven lineman. Bobby tried his best to run and pass the ball down the field but the clock was against him. After a hard fought game the Norse emerged victorious by a score of 2-1 over their worthy Skaven opponents. 

Thanks for the great game Bobby and I look forward to our next meeting

Final Score: Horny Alcoholics- 2

The Rat Bastards- 1

ANNOUNCEMENT: As some people are having a bit of trouble getting games in, the first month of the league will be a grace period.

You now have till march to get your games in. Peer pressure is key here! Looking at you Jim! *cough* *cough*

ANNOUNCEMENT PART II: So far only Brendan has been reporting his games. Get on it ppl! Brendan informed me that Chaos has two losses and skaven has a win and a loss. If this is incorrect please let me know.

Hey Gareth, we missed a couple of things in our after-game procedure namely income and fan factor. Just to let you know what I rolled: 5 for winnings= 50,000g and I rolled a 5+3=8 for fan factor so I don't drop any fan factor. Also, I recreated my team's roster in Battlescribe so we'll see how that goes. Just let me know what you rolled for those two results so we can make it official. 

Hey Gareth, we missed a couple of things in our after-game procedure namely income and fan factor. Just to let you know what I rolled: 5 for winnings= 50,000g and I rolled a 5+3=8 for fan factor so I don't drop any fan factor. Also, I recreated my team's roster in Battlescribe so we'll see how that goes. Just let me know what you rolled for those two results so we can make it official.

Np. As per the league rules, I trust you rolled these in public? If not, we did forget so it's fine this time, unless another coach wants to take issue.

I rolled a 2, re rolled to a 4 for winnings. Which gives me 50k for winning. For fan factor I rolled a 2, 1, and 5. Which, because my FF is only 1, increases it haha.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...