Gathering Storm - Cadia Drift - Third Book Coming?

pretre

Is there still a range restriction (7/14")? Or is it table wide?

The rule doesn't say anything about having a range restriction, although it only works when one of your units triggers their Soulbursts (so you would need to be within 7" initially to get it.) It does self-limit to the units in the formation, however, so it's entirely up in the air what those might be- no one is going to be terrified of a second round of shooting from Storm Guardians and Swooping Hawks, for example.

wish I was excited for this eldar stuff - but meh... it's probably just me - but I have no plans on jumping on this stuff.

This would be more exciting and less worrysome, if I wasn't concerned about this release schedule being very similar to how AoS was formed out of Warhammer Fantasy. On the one hand, I can't believe GW would be so stupid as to do that to 40k. On the other hand, GW has proved that their stupidity is not to be underestimated....

Yes, you give up Battle Focus, Ancient Doom, and Power From Pain in order to get the new Power From Death abilities.

However, since it is available to units that don't have or can't use those abilities (like Wraithknights, Windriders, etc) the loss is fairly trivial in most cases and significantly empowers a lot o Eldar strategies. We'll see exactly how strong it ends up being in play, but I can see some very simple ways to essentially just get double use out of units with it- and Eldar shooting was already strong.

Book in hand, reading through the fluff now [c944477abc92c1c101da485e07ff06d8.gif] Rules have already been mostly leaked elsewhere, but I can tell you this:

* Yvraine, the Visarch, the Yncarne and the 5 non-Ulthwe formations all belong to the new Ynnarri faction. It is Battle Bros with Dark Eldar, Eldar and Harlequins, Allies of Convenience with the Imperium and Tau, Desperate Allies with Orks, and Come the Apocalypse with Chaos, Necrons and Tyranids.
* Yvraine, the Visarch and the Yncarne can be included in any Eldar, Dark Eldar or Harlequin Detachment regardless of Faction restrictions....
* Yvraine is 200pts, The Visarch is 150pts and The Yncarne is 275pts
* If the term 'Aeldari' is mentioned in the rules, it refers to Eldar, Dark Eldar, Harlequins and Ynnari as a whole.
Artefacts are Ynnari faction only (I think).

** Corag Hai's Locket (15pts) - When the bearer destroys one or more enemy models in the Fight sub-phase, roll a dice. On a 4+ the bearer regains a wound
** Hungering Blade (15pts) - Replaces a melee weapon. S: User, AP: -, Melee, Fleshbane, Blessing of Yvraine: If an Aeldari model is killed by this weapon, the wielder has any lost Wounds restored.
** The Lost Shroud (35pts) - Bearer has Eternal Warrior, Feel No Pain and IWND, but loses the Independent Character rule.
** Mirrorgaze (30pts) - Bearer has Blind, Counter-attack and Night Vision rules
** Song of Ynnead (10pts) - Replaces a ranged weapon. Range: 18", S: 1, AP: 5, Pistol, Bladestorm, Poisoned (2+), Deathsong: If a model is killed by this weapon in the Shooting phase, its unit must take a Morale check at the end of the phase
** Soulsnare (25pts) - Range: 8", S: 3, AP: 2, Assault 1, Blast, Instant Death, One Use Only.

* The new Forces of Ulthwe units have the Eldar Faction, but can only be included in either an Ulthwe Strike Force Detachment or as part of a Reborn Warhost (the new cross-faction Eldar detachment). They also cannot be included in any army that contains any Chaos Space Marine, Chaos Demon, Khorne Demonkin or Renegade Knight units.
* Ulthwe Strike Force Detachment: 1-4 Elites (but can only be the new Black Guardian units, which are all Elite choices), Stubborn and Preferred Enemy if the enemy army has any Chaos units in it, Can roll for Deep Strike Reserves from Turn 1 if the Detachment has 4 units
* All the following Black Guardian units have the Webway Assault rule in addition to their normal rules - A unit comprised entirely of models with this special rule can be placed in Deep Strike Reserve. When they arrive, they do not scatter but no model in the unit can be placed within 9" of any enemy models.

** Black Guardians: Cross between Guardian Defenders and Storm Guardians essentially. 110pts for 10, 10 additional for 11pts a model. Come with Shuriken Catapult by default, but they can all swap for Shuriken Pistol/CCW for free (if they do so they get the Power Sword, Flamer, Fusion Gun upgrades Storm Guardians get). If they keep their Catapults, they can take Heavy Weapon Platforms with the usual upgrades. No Warlock leader upgrade.
** Black Guardian Windriders: 60pts for 3, up to 7 more for 20pts a model. No Warlock Leader upgrade, but otherwise the same as regular Windrunners.
** Black Guardian Vyper Squadron: 45pts per Vyper, can take up to 6 in a Squadron. All usual vehicle upgrades
** Black Guardian War Walker: 65pts per Walker, up to 2 additional. All usual vehicle upgrades.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Here is Dramatis Personae:

Ynnari

* Yvraine - Emissary of Ynnead
* The Visarch - Sword of Ynnead
* The Yncarne - Avatar of Ynnead

Craftworld Eldar

* Meliniel - Autarch of Biel-Tan
* Lathriel - High Farseer of Biel-Tan
* Eldrad Ulthran - High Farseer of Ulthwe
* Iyanna Arienal - Spiritseer of Iyanden
* Prince Yriel - High Admiral of Iyanden
* Kysaduras the Anchorite - Fabled mystic
* Jain Zar - Phoenix Lord of the Howling Banshees

Drukhari

* Asdrubael Vect - Supreme Overlord of Commorragh
* Lelith Hesperax - Succubus of the Wych Cult of Strife
* Urien Rakarth - Master Haemonculus

Harlequins

* Sylandri Veilwalker - Shadowseer of the Veiled Path

Agents of Chaos

* The Masque - Herald of Slaanesh
* Skarbrand - Bloodthirster of Khorne
* Ahzek Ahriman - Arch Sorcerer of the Thousand Sons

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/02/07 21:56:59

• Like 2

I'm looking at the ability to combine DE, Eldar with Harlequins into one army without having to go the allies road.  Possibly a solution to a problem I was having while planning a larger/expanded Harlequin army.

-d

Torg, the new Warhost is the best way to Run Harlequins and the Power from Death really works well with them.

Been working on various List Compositions for a Major Harlequin list using the new format and thus far I am loving the following:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1inyj14auv2uuwp/ITC%202017%20Reborn.pdf?dl=0 Link to a PDF of my three List Idea. I think the Number two works more for you as it uses Cegorach's Revenge.

Guardian unit with no warlock upgrade is very much not Ulthwe.

Yeah the old EoT version of the strike force still had warlock option.  However at the same time, warlocks and farseers from Ulthwe tend to go to war in seer councils, so maybe that is the 'fluff' reason.  Or that warlocks are too precious to throw into what is essentially a suicide squad.  Guessing its more a gameplay reason though.  I know I was dissapointed either way.

Been working on various List Compositions for a Major Harlequin list using the new format and thus far I am loving the following:

https://www.dropbox....Reborn.pdf?dl=0 Link to a PDF of my three List Idea. I think the Number two works more for you as it uses Cegorach's Revenge.

Sorry I get to disappoint you once again  :)

Death Masque datasheets can only replace units in Harlequin formations (very specific wording in those rules), so are not an option in reborn warhost or any non-formation even if it happened to be a harlie one.  Still an option in the harlie formations taken in a reborn warhost though.

I do like the look of that list (only seeing one list, not 3).  Surprised you aren't using raiders though, getting larger harlie squads across the board seems worthwhile.  Probably just makes target priority easier though, just like the idea of being able to fit some of the ICs into a transport.

Yeah the old EoT version of the strike force still had warlock option.  However at the same time, warlocks and farseers from Ulthwe tend to go to war in seer councils, so maybe that is the 'fluff' reason.  Or that warlocks are too precious to throw into what is essentially a suicide squad.  Guessing its more a gameplay reason though.  I know I was dissapointed either way.

Sorry I get to disappoint you once again  :)

Death Masque datasheets can only replace units in Harlequin formations (very specific wording in those rules), so are not an option in reborn warhost or any non-formation even if it happened to be a harlie one.  Still an option in the harlie formations taken in a reborn warhost though.

I do like the look of that list (only seeing one list, not 3).  Surprised you aren't using raiders though, getting larger harlie squads across the board seems worthwhile.  Probably just makes target priority easier though, just like the idea of being able to fit some of the ICs into a transport.

No Disapointment, I can literally just Take the Cast of Player Formation in the Reborn Warhost and literally get the same thing I was planning for with out losing anything. This is why its important to get multiple eyeballs on a list in today world.