OFCC 40K FAQ Discussion Thread

evil_bryan

1 hour ago, alexcragg said:

Hi, how are you?

Well I was pretty good until you ripped out my heart and moved across the country with it! Now I don't know anything anymore. Not even the definition of mercenary...

49 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

Hey Munkie, they may have missed the question...

Good point. Lemme try that again.

Question: What is a mercenary? Is it just a synonym for someone playing solo, or (as the word implies) someone looking for a team to join?

Follow-up Question: Do we have a choice in what sort of mercenary we are?

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Munkie said:

Well I was pretty good until you ripped out my heart and moved across the country with it! Now I don't know anything anymore. Not even the definition of mercenary...

Good point. Lemme try that again.

Question: What is a mercenary? Is it just a synonym for someone playing solo, or (as the word implies) someone looking for a team to join?

Follow-up Question: Do we have a choice in what sort of mercenary we are?

A Mercenary is simply an individual player that is not team associated, and not a substitute player for an existing team.

I am happy to change the term used if you can think of something that sounds cooler :)

• Like 1

On 4/14/2017 at 6:22 PM, VonVilkee said:

I got drafted but I'm not sure how to go about changing my mercenary ticket purchase. Honestly I don't care either way just a little clueless and no help to the captain that picked me up...

PM me with the team name and I will update the information on the ticket.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, evil_bryan said:

A Mercenary is simply an individual player that is not team associated, and not a substitute player for an existing team.

I am happy to change the term used if you can think of something that sounds cooler :)

Thank you! No change necessary, I'm obviously confused because "cool" has never been my strong suit.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2017 at 4:16 PM, Munkie said:

Well you'll just have to start that cross country conquest to get your heart back, it's not very tasty anyways (kinda like sand).

But I just discovered your podcast and am having all sorts of inappropriate reactions listening to you three at work.  

9 minutes ago, alexcragg said:

That's the plan, is there a challenge round?  Because I challenge you... to shots and mayhem ... and maybe some 40k

This is the norm for the whole weekend gentleman not just the challenge round! :) Last year out of my 5 games only 3 were fully completed with the other two resulting in a quick exit to the bar for pints and shots! :)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, splinx said:

Really? That sucks! My favorite round last year by far! :( Why is it not being rolled out this year? Surely it would help organizers in advance knowing 1 round is already sorted?

It is actually harder rather then easier to set up a challenge round, and it would have been extremely complicated with the other changes being rolled out this year.

Since we have open gaming on Friday and Saturday night, you will certainly have time to arrange a game if you'd like. :)

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, evil_bryan said:

It is actually harder rather then easier to set up a challenge round, and it would have been extremely complicated with the other changes being rolled out this year.

Since we have open gaming on Friday and Saturday night, you will certainly have time to arrange a game if you'd like. :)

I have some ideas that could help a lot with pairings and could easily incorporate multiple challenge rounds.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, alexcragg said:

Balls, big hairy balls

Can we have a round were we fire a pistol then all dash towards tables and set our own match ups.  Maybe have fights between standard bearers and a drinking contest between captains?

I now want to be a Standard Bearer instead of a Captain.

• Like 3