OFCC 40K FAQ Discussion Thread

evil_bryan

This thread will serve to a facilitate discussion about the the 40K FAQ living document.

It can be found at: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/29853-2017-ofcc-40k-faq/

Please keep this thread on topic.

If you would like to have another question added to the FAQ, please start your post with QUESTION: to make it easier to find.

I am guessing this thread will get a lot of attention. :)

• Like 2

I think it may be helpful, before this thread get's too far with "Can I bring XYZ" posts, to remind people about the "spirit" of the OFCC.  This is not a tournament.  There is no award for best general, or winning the most games.  The most prestigious award is for sportsmanship.  The purpose of this event is to roll dice in a fun, casual, friendly setting with new and old friends.  It is about creating lists that will create close, fun, games - not lists to beat face.  You should always ask yourself, would my opponent enjoy playing against this list?  Will this make for a fun game?  Am I taking this unit because of models, theme, and fun, or because it's allowing me a rules exploit or to gain some great advantage?

The typical ITC curb stomp list should NEVER be seen at OFCC.  This is not an event for barkstars (or any deathstar), massed warp spiders, flying circus, horror split summoning spam, white scar battle companies, war convocations, etc.  

Use OFCC to try out models and units that never see the table in competition.  Use OFCC to build that cool themed army you've always wanted but isn't competitive.  The rule of cool should always be prioritize over effectiveness on the table top.

• Like 10

Heh gladly I won't have to play against warhounds and Tau'nar since I'll probably lose most of my games. ;)

I really hope we don't see either of those to be honest! Really cool display pieces, put it at the center of a display board, but about as much fun to play against as a rock to the HQ (not to be confused with an ork Rok which can in fact be quite entertaining!).

• Like 1

Yes, we would very much like to see mercenaries find homes with some of the awesome clubs that attend.

Or maybe a group of mercaneries forming their own team (Second Sons, anyone?).

Yes, lots of possibilities.

Buy your tickets today! They are available in our web store. All Ordo Fanaticus Champs get a discount on all tickets. Come game with us!

• Like 2

30k has its own event, so I'd imagine the 40k event would be 40k lists only.

The 30k event is also described as a Campaign and not a Tournament. So if 30k players are wanting a tournament, sounds like the 40k one is the only event for them. 

Please correct me if I have this wrong. 

Hola!

I am back from LVO and will take up FAQ'ing again later this week.

I first need some rest and to get the Vegas out of my system. :) 

Heyyyyyyyyy.  I thought Vegas was supposed to say in Vegas.  You're not supposed to bring it back with you...and if you did how come you haven't sent me some?!

• Like 1