Ripphooks Imperial Guard

I have decided to motivate myself to paint all my guard by posting a photo of all of them and then creating a blog to go along with the OFCC painting challenge. 

gallery_1633_193_93612.jpggallery_1633_193_141032.jpg

As you can see many of the models are damaged, need to be stripped or a lot of work done on them. 

My first goal is to build/repair all the models. 

However due to the painting challenge I am going to try a paint scheme on a lemun russ and if I like it i'll expand it to a whole squad.  

post-1633-0-98446000-1486154848_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never realized how american my color scheme looked until I painted up these tanks like this. It was mainly the PBR that reminded me of it.

I also started another Lemun Russ so I can have a squad of three similarly painted guys running around. And while going to check to see if the garage was flooded with melted snow I found a whole pile of primed guardsmen I had forgotten about.

large.IMAG0858.jpg.311948a4cfb6298cb8f31

• Like 2

7 hours ago, generalripphook said:

Never realized how american my color scheme looked until I painted up these tanks like this. It was mainly the PBR that reminded me of it.

I also started another Lemun Russ so I can have a squad of three similarly painted guys running around. And while going to check to see if the garage was flooded with melted snow I found a whole pile of primed guardsmen I had forgotten about.

large.IMAG0858.jpg.311948a4cfb6298cb8f31

American, or British, or french....or one of a bunch of countries that use white, red, and blue...

My Shining Skulls SM (Ultramarines+Khorne...) are also Blue, Red, and White. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been moving models through the stripping process and getting them all primed up. Mainly need to prime tanks as most of the infantry I have is already primed, most of the tanks I got were second hand and needed to be stripped. 

I've also been building scions with their weapons and arms built but unattached so I can try and paint some of the great details on their chests. I love those models.

large.IMAG0927.jpg.fba77220b1ef22f987c3f

large.IMAG0923.jpg.85e30dd9dd3e1d3c3f5c8

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gone to seigeworld? As  I get more and more miniatures that unlimited apocalypse event looks more and more entertaining. 

I've added a few models to my army, a set of regimental advisors, tech priests, psykers and moar commissars! I have a full platoon of Tempestus Scions at the same time as well.

I think the next thing I need is a new carrying case, I am looking at the battlefoam 1520 xl....

• Like 3