3/11/17 ITC Event at Terracrux Games in Tacoma

Lord Hanaur

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tau get around it because the Stormsurge is just T6 and 3+ save.  It can most definitely be killed.  The one use missiles which require yet more investment in the form of plenty of Markerlights to fire at full effect are cool but expensive to fire and the model itself costs about 440 points just to get it.  In other words, their big bad stompy thing just isn't in the same underpriced category as some of the others.  More than one Imperial Knights can actually be taken in the ITC.  People rarely do it but you can take more than one if it's in a Formation I think is how it works.

The game made a very big mistake when it allowed the Super Heavies, Gargantuans and Forge World into the normal game but it's where we are at.

I only take one StormSurge generally but i feel pretty much compelled to take it because without it i cannot really fight off the enemy "big stuff".  when you show up with a Brass Scorpion, it's like "well...  I guess i have no choice NOW".

Which was of course by design.  it's unfortunate but it's where we be.  The Tau Gargant just isn't the unkillable thing some others can be, and even the basic STR 3 trooper can assault it and hurt it.

26 minutes ago, PumpkinHead said:

It's T6, 3+ save, 8 wounds, and 5+ FNP. Not the easiest thing to erase. Take 2, anchor them down on opposite sides of the board and shoot until nothing is moving.

hehehe.  Unfortunately fast assault untis are an issue and Gargants cant overwatch.  also you can only take one UNIT of them so they would have to be together not in opposite corners.  Otherwise yes:  it will make a mess of things when you have two unless you whittle and cut one down reasonably early so that its brother wont have TWO stomp attempts every round, it will only have one.  Though with their dimensions, its often true that the one BEHIND the first one may not get any anyways.  Geometry is a thing.  

• Like 2