2017 OFCC AoS Packet

AgentP

Remember folks we have 2 events planned in the coming months,great places to take your lists for a test run!

March 5th -http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/29803-aosmageddon-in-the-borderlands-an-age-of-sigmar-tournament/

and

April 8th-http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/29833-shattered-realms-spring-2017-aos-event/

There will likely be one more added in either May or June:)

Plus I can usually make Sundays game night at WoW and sometimes Tuesdays at WoW or GG.I can do other shops but likely only on certain Saturdays.

• Like 1

I build all my warscrolls of models in minimum size warscrolls with each having full command, that is one musician,one banner bearer and one champ.I make each unit of 10 a slight bit different in either paint shade on certain accessories or differeing designes on shields or weapons.This way when I want to run them as one big unit I can note on the army roster the command model differences,thus the other command models become just regular troops.

It also helps in telling them apart when  running them as seperate units on the board when they are all in close quarters:)

Yeah,to simplify things we dropped secret missions.

AoS is still new on the competative circut,many events are trying different things to cut down on the "unfun" matchups.We decided to grab on to some of the other event rulings and to keep it as simple as possible.

Its also likely that if the 2nd edition GH book makes it out before hand,,some of the rules we are using here will probably be part of it since I took them from the SCGT this April.

Bringing a Terrain warscroll piece is totally optional but everyone should look at them and plan to use one if they can.Some of the effects can be very nice.

Also on that note rem that Terrain Warscroll Battalions wont be permitted,,I need to make sure Bronson has that in there,heh. nm..I see he noted "Single terrain piece"

And as it stands now,we should have plenty of other terrain for the boards,both warscroll pieces and just regular stuff to use for the rulebook random terrain chart.

• Like 1

Wow did not know there were even Terrain Warscroll Battalions.

I do hope that the GHB 2 does come out before this event. Although I am a little worried that if it comes out super close to the event date, we could have players scrambling to build and paint more models as points change etc.

Should have seen OFCC 2015 the new rules for 40k came out a month before event. I don't remember but think they just use old book.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2017 at 8:55 PM, AgentP said:

Meaning a unit can only have one banner person, one musician, etc.  You can't have three banner carriers in a unit.

For a unit that has multiple banner options would I be able to take a different banner in the sideboard and just swap it or would I need to have another entire unit of them in the sideboard?

1 hour ago, Ezekill said:

For a unit that has multiple banner options would I be able to take a different banner in the sideboard and just swap it or would I need to have another entire unit of them in the sideboard?

Good question:)

Sideboards allow players to switch out warscrolls and or reserve points only,individual models or  wargear options would need to be swapped out using a warscroll with the desired options equiped.

17 minutes ago, Threejacks said:

Good question:)

Sideboards allow players to switch out warscrolls and or reserve points only,individual models or  wargear options would need to be swapped out using a warscroll with the desired options equiped.

So would I need an entire unit painted up in the sideboard to swap command or would I be able to just pay the points for a unit but only have the command models?

32 minutes ago, Ezekill said:

So would I need an entire unit painted up in the sideboard to swap command or would I be able to just pay the points for a unit but only have the command models?

Interesting sideboard use:)

I see no problem with denoting points for a complete warscroll that has different wargear/command options then just swapping out the models from the starting warscroll to show the new options.

Ive yet to see much sideboard use but I do believe as the game evolves,it will become more commonplace for those events that allow them.

I'm a little confused by two of your rulings...

Regarding the having no models on the table ending the game. Your ruling actually makes it easier for a tabled army to win, instead of punishing them, which I feel like your intention was.

Regarding the Balewind Vortex, I'm not sure why you think that they cannot be targeted by spells or ranged attacks? They can still be attacked as normal, similarly, if you are up on the Vortex, you're probably not going to be close enough to score the objective anyhow.

1 hour ago, thediceabide said:

I'm a little confused by two of your rulings...

Regarding the having no models on the table ending the game. Your ruling actually makes it easier for a tabled army to win, instead of punishing them, which I feel like your intention was.

Regarding the Balewind Vortex, I'm not sure why you think that they cannot be targeted by spells or ranged attacks? They can still be attacked as normal, similarly, if you are up on the Vortex, you're probably not going to be close enough to score the objective anyhow.

The ruling about no models on the table on a game turn was mainly for SCE Warrior Bro hood lists.,..to keep them from holding off till turn 3 or  4 then Alpha striking onto the board.Now that the new SCE Battletome is out,look for this ruling to go away.

I see your confusion on the Balewind ruling..that should read that any unit that cant be targeted by any of either, Melee, or Ranged(or both) attacks cant control,contest or capture an objective point.So in the case of the Balewind(which btw is only 5 1/4" off the table so a model on it could control an objective point) a wizard on it cant,for the most part,be attacked by melee troops due to its elevation,,now some larger models may be able to but the average man sized model will not be in range..The wizard of course can be shot off but not all armies have a shooting focus or even much in the way of shooting at all.

Basically we are trying to avoid situations were a player pops a wizard onto a Balewind while on an objective and locking it down just because an opponents army is assualt based and only has token shooting(as some are designed to be).We will be watching to make sure terrain placement at event start will not allow this sort of situation due to flying models as well.

Keep in mind this is all in flux and will be evolving as we near the event..im hoping the GH2 comes out and we dont have to use any additional rulings:)

• 3 months later...
  • Jay unpinned this topic