Blood Bowl II on Steam question.

Duckman

So I own Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition.  Not a big fan of Focus, but the game was playable...  I understand the dice distribution is a bit whack as they wrote it as a D8 with 2 1s and 2 6s because they thought the edge conditions were more fun, sigh.  

Blood Bowl II is out there now.  Is it better in any way other than graphics?  I mean...  I'd definitely say the graphics appear to be improved and you actually get to see a bit more (looks like we're able to see Jim and Bob, the commentators now)...  The new game includes all the current teams that I am aware of which is an improvement but I actually don't play any of the new teams so that is only a small bonus for me and not one that is really worth $7 per team (or even the current $4.50 per in the bundle).

I have not played Blood Bowl online in a long time so I don't know if there's been any substantial change in the online community since the release of Blood Bowl II.

What is the experience with this one these days?

• Like 1

They implemented the banking rule which is pretty decent. Any cash over 150k adds to TV. There's also some stadium mods that have benefits (both teams get a bribe, crowd surfing adds a +1 to injury, etc.). Human catchers are av8 instead of 7. Not too many major changes to the game mechanics.

Bretonnians are included but I haven't played them a lot. Khorne is out. Cyanide/Focus wouldn't give me $7 back & take dwarves away.

I didn't think there was any issue with dice in BB:CE & I don't see any problem in BB2 either. Online dice can be just as horrible as real ones. ;)

What is the experience with this one these days?

Basically, the main "improvement" is that there's less starting races, and more races as DLC only. Plus they removed goblins altogether. 

Gameplay wise, I've found them equally enjoyable. I'm not a huge bloodbowl fan, but still I've wasted many hours on their video games. Anyway, grain of salt and all.