9th Age Tournament at Dice Age Games - April 22nd

8 hours ago, smashthedean said:

I might have two other Warhamsters interested in coming down with me to fill the last two spots. Put me down for two more tentatives and I'll let you know as soon as I can confirm one way or the other.

Done! And with that, the 12 spots are "filled!" However, as previously mentioned, exactly half the spots are filled with tentative attendees. so anyone who is interest is attending please let me know! I will keep an active waiting list in case people are unable to attend. 

Also, a few points / updates: 

• Tournament packet has been updated to reflect new round schedules. Rounds will be 2 hours 45 minutes, lunch has been extended to an hour, and registration / check in / set up has been extended an extra 15 minutes.

• Feel free to send me lists if you want me to check them over, either via PM or by email to andrewgeddon@gmail.com. No hard / fast list submission deadlines, and you aren't locked into anything by submitting them early, but it would be nice to get them about a week before the event. 

• Prize support has got me in a bit of a fluster. Original plan was gift certificates, but I'm not sure if that would cause any potential problems for out-of-town winners who might not be jazzed on trying to find something to spend winnings on at the last minute. I'm also trying to see if there's anything I can do to get a little more money in the pocket of Dice Age, since they are kind enough to host us and we're going to potentially taking up half their store and a ton of their terrain, but I have no idea what that might look like. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Cheers everyone! Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns :)

10 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Prize support has got me in a bit of a fluster. Original plan was gift certificates, but I'm not sure if that would cause any potential problems for out-of-town winners who might not be jazzed on trying to find something to spend winnings on at the last minute. I'm also trying to see if there's anything I can do to get a little more money in the pocket of Dice Age, since they are kind enough to host us and we're going to potentially taking up half their store and a ton of their terrain, but I have no idea what that might look like. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Ben & Yarb might have an easier time attesting to this since they were victorious at the Ham Slamwich where we just do store credit/gift certs to the winners, but in my experience gamers never have a hard time spending money at a game store. I'm not sure how Dice Age does things, but Dark Tower has entrants pay their $10 to the store and then they give the TO the ability to split that "pool" up into store credit to be divvied out. If you're just collecting cash though, I think gift certs or just cash handouts if you don't think that would be too weird (I wouldn't have a problem with it and have done this before for tournaments).

Less than a week people! Attendance list updated to reflect some drops, we currently have an open spot! If you want to attend, go ahead and reach out to me! I've even got a few  armies I can potentially loan out (Ogres, Kingdom of Equitine, Vampires).

Also a quick note, I should have scoring sheets printed up sometime this week. I will try to have a few copies of the tournament packets on hand, but if you are able to, please print a copy out and bring it to the tournament... not sure if my printer can handle that many pages of printing, heh.

Hello all, sorry for the last minute request, but I'm wondering if anyone attending on Saturday would possibly be able to bring an extra playmat or 2 (or 3) to the event? If I recall correctly, the store has 3 "fantasy" style mats, so if we could possibly get 3 more, we can avoid playing at a tablecloth or a bare tabletop. If you are able to bring one (or some) and it isn't too much trouble, please drop me a PM :)

Cheers!
-Andrew

Had a great time! We had 10 awesome generals and some really great armies on the tables! 3 generals from Bellingham, 1 from Seattle, and 6 local players. Had lots of people checking out games, and 3 people who were interested in either trying out 9th Age or previous 9th Age players looking at playing it some more. 

Looking forward to 9th Age at OFCC, and looking forward to seeing the community grow for this great set of rules!

• Like 2