3rd Party 40K Conversion Kits?

andozane

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may be a dumb question, but bear in mind that I've only recently played my first game of 40K since 4th Edition. Back when I used to play this game, in addition to walking to school up-hill (both ways) in the snow, you could be disqualified from tournaments if you didn't use genuine GW miniatures. I understand there are no more Rogue Trader Tournaments, etc., but I wanted to know just what kind of standards modern tournaments have concerning 3rd party alternate models. Can you bring anything you want as long as it's representative? Does it matter if anything in the army is actually GW?

To be more specific, I'm not planning to do anything bizarre (all LEGO army), but I am considering using all third-party vehicles, maybe Ramshackle Games' Rhebok Transports:

http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=461

And I have already obtained some Anvil Industries gun tractors for use in heavy weapons teams for my metal Storm Troopers (since GW doesn't make 'em and I'm too lazy to convert them):

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=114&product_id=313

(The minigun tractors would represent heavy bolters and the howitzer tractors would represent autocannons, though they are much smaller than GW autocannons.)

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It was a slow process back order of stuff and I got kinda irritated but the stuff has shipped as promised and I will see then on monday. Being a small operation I suspected 3 weeks but we're at the 5th week and it's in transit hope they were worth the money

I got my templates in the mail they are as awesome as they look on the website was a little annoyed with the time it took to receive the items but it's ok after I finally got ahold of the manufacturer he told me it was a delay in the products so its all good and they're worth the money if anything to help out a small business owner

Sorta silly as it's not technically 3rd party, but it probably hasn't been mentioned. "Stuff of Legends" is a site with all the OOP GW stuff. That combines with ebay or local trading for some quite affordable "conversions."

They aren't conversions and are technically GW models, but no one will believe you....

Classic example is if I field my RT dreadnaughts, opponents will make comments regarding the "warmachine" conversion for my dreads. RT aka, rogue trader, or rather, 1st ed 40k. Models cost me about $15 each on ebay and in local trades/sales. Current GW dreads are almost $50 new.

There are some really cool old models for 40k and many of which lack current rules so can be used without confusion as stand ins for current 40k models.

Just thought it was worth mentioning regarding "3rd party modeling" for 40k, even if it is technically not 3rd party.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello there,

Chapter House Studios appears to be no more; website is still up but they're auto-refunding monies and not taking orders.

Trying to confirm this one. Any links to news other than the site being up still?

• 2 years later...

If you haven't seen it, Hasslefree Miniatures has some really great miniatures.

BEWARE. Hasslefree miniatures have actual nudity. So not something for kids or while using the internet at work...

I have a lot of fun using their miniatures at Pathfinder Characters when playing at GG, since we play in a designated 21+ area. Used a nude poledancer model as Sorcereress with CHA 20 and a quarterstaff. Site also has serveral well done "Children" models (no nudes of these) which make great halfling characters. Has male nudes as well as females, though I haven't bought any yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't spot anything in this thread that looks right, and google isn't helping me. I want CSM backpacks that are much more in the Rogue Trader style, looking like they mutated into that more widely spread form rather than having been built that way, but not being too clearly associated with any one Chaos God (The closest I've seen are some Spellcrow ones that are too clearly Nurgle). Anyone got any ideas?

48 minutes ago, WestRider said:

I didn't spot anything in this thread that looks right, and google isn't helping me. I want CSM backpacks that are much more in the Rogue Trader style, looking like they mutated into that more widely spread form rather than having been built that way, but not being too clearly associated with any one Chaos God (The closest I've seen are some Spellcrow ones that are too clearly Nurgle). Anyone got any ideas?

Do you already have some? How many do you need? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1