Jump to content

JMGraham

Members
  • Content count

    8,833
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    39
  1. Warhamsters 9/19 Game Night

    I'm in for playtesting! Specially seein as I'm gonna be hitting y'all up for some Dark Curios/Siege action in the weeks to come.
  2. Warhamsters 9/12 - Game Night!

    What the hell, Joey! Emergency appendectomy? I hope all is well! It's Middle School curriculum night, so I'll be hanging out in the 8th grade tomorrow. I'll be back next week!
  3. Death Guard and Ad Mech Codexes Soon!

    And immune to Morale tests, to boot. Damn. Looks like infantry is back on the menu, boys!
  4. Warhamsters 9/5 - The Day We Play Games

    Having already demonstrated my superior space-merchanting skills, I'll be playing 40k with Taco.
  5. Warhamsters 8/29 IN SPACE

    I sold two of thousands of space bucks-worth of rock videos. Humans win!
  6. Warhamsters 8/29 IN SPACE

    Depends on how many Melf pelts and how much Dust is in it for me!
  7. Warhamsters 8/29 IN SPACE

    Definitely the latter. The former is only good for exporting rock videos to the rest of the universe.
  8. Warhamsters 8/22 - [insert clever thread title]

    I'm out for tonight. School starts for the kids tomorrow, and we've got to get them ready tonight. Gods help us! See y'all next week!
  9. OFCC Discount Terrain-a-palooza!!!!

    Ali ikely never, unless I start playing more than 1 game of Flames of War a year!
  10. 8/15 Warhamster Game Night

    Awesome! 2k works great for me. Prepare to be snuck up on and murdered by gigantic genetically-engineered power-armour wearing post-human ninjas.
  11. OFCC Discount Terrain-a-palooza!!!!

    Just a bump to say there are only a couple of days left on this sale. Get it while the getting is cheap(er)!
  12. 8/15 Warhamster Game Night

    I'm still on a Raven Guard kick. Anyone want to play some 8th ed 40k?
  13. Chapter Approved is coming back

    Oh! Good call. 33.3*83.3 + 66.7*16.7 = 38.9% chance for the disadvantaged player to get first turn. 39 to 61. Seizing the initiative is still stupid in this context.
  14. Chapter Approved is coming back

    Close enough. 44 / 56.
  15. Chapter Approved is coming back

    A player at a -1 has a 33% chance of first turn on the roll-off, and, if they fail, a 17% chance of seizing. It actually works out to about a 55.6% chance of failure. Which is close enough to a coin-flip to make it stupid. GW needs a very well-paid statistician on staff. I volunteer myself. P(A) or P(B) = P(A) + P(B) . P(A) & P(B) = P(A) * P(B) For someone at a disadvantage, we want the probability that they initially succeed (33.3%) or the probability that they initially fail (66.7%) and subsequently seize the initiative (16.7%). 33.3 + 66.7 * 16.7 = 44.4% chance of first turn. Rather than a noteworthy advantage to the opponent done first, that's close enough to a coin-flip for horse-shoes, hand grenades, or statistics.
×