Tempting Kickstarters

dkieft

Yup. Did some research and while it's not my dream printer, it's really not bad for doing little things, and the price is outstanding. My one concern is the lack of a heated print bed and the potential for warping, but they seem to suggest that their ABS bed takes care of that. Willing to take the risk, and not out much if it doesn't work out. At the VERY least, it seems great for prototyping before sending models off to (more expensive) printers.

The 3d printing pens don't do it for me, as they are basically hot glue guns for plastic. I'd rather have a computer do my layering.

• Like 1

The 3d printing pens don't do it for me, as they are basically hot glue guns for plastic. I'd rather have a computer do my layering.

I was actually thinking it would be really good for customizing, converting and doing detailing... less about a full mini.

Heh. The latest update for the Micro 3D printer features a print of a Space Marine Centurion at the bottom, with promises of more info on printing miniatures to come: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/m3d/the-micro-the-first-truly-consumer-3d-printer/posts/826435

19 hours left. I just snagged an open $249 early-bird, so there might be a $300 early-delivery (January instead of February) one open for the next, like, 5 seconds or so.

19 hours left. I just snagged an open $249 early-bird, so there might be a $300 early-delivery (January instead of February) one open for the next, like, 5 seconds or so.

Congrats on upgrading! I was not able to upgrade to the lower priced offering, but I did get a November delivery slot a couple of nights ago. :)

Wow!  $3.4 on a $50,000 KS.  I wonder if they will really be able to deliver on all of those promises.  Hope it works out for you!!!

• Like 1

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/five-men-in-normandy/x/7341804

This isn't a kick starter, but a site like kick starter.

However the game Five men in Normandy is a real cool game and if you give $15 you can get beta access to the rules as he is putting them out. They are shipping up into a really cool skirmish game and ha some awesome campaign potential.

Wow!  $3.4 on a $50,000 KS.  I wonder if they will really be able to deliver on all of those promises.  Hope it works out for you!!!

Nah, they never expected to get $50,000, particularly given the effort they put into pre-campaign marketing. It may have gone bigger than they expected, but I reckon given past 3d printer Kickstarters that they expected to clear at least 1.5 or 2 mil. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/179741323/battle-dog-and-pug

the same guy who did the Rhebok APCs is doing battle tanks.

photo-main.jpg?1399995989

[RAMSHACKLE GAMES] Battle Dog Kickstarter

I have just launched a new Kickstarter campaign for a new resin battle tank kit. The model is called the Battle Dog, or the kit can be had as a mobile artillery version named the Püg (as in Stüg ;))

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/179741323/battle-dog-and-pug

The kit ships with 5 main weapon options and some a selection of secondary armaments.

wardog_biggun_col.jpg

wardog_blastcannon_col.jpg

wardog_dualshot_col.jpg

wardog_gattling_col.jpg

wardog_plasma_col.jpg

wardog_rear_col.jpg

wardog_gattling_col.jpg

Here are the guns:

battledog_guns_bw.jpg

The Püg is the same kit, but without the turret. It has the hatch bit instead, which opens the same as the hatch on the turret.

pug_mortar_bw.jpg

pug_plasma_bw.jpg

pug_rear_gat_bw.jpg

Both kits come with two crew for the top hatch, a commander and a pintle gunner. They have separate heads, so the middle image shows them with another head from the Ramshackle Games range.

battledog_crew_col.jpg

If I get enough interest I will do some sponsons and extra armour. I put these in as stretch goals.

• Like 2