Tempting Kickstarters

dkieft

Has anyone played this board game? I've not heard of it... what's it like?

I've played it quite a few times.  One of my favorites.

Essentially each round the players get dealt a hand of cards.  Each card can be played for the event, or a set of operations points (if the event is for the other player and you play it for the points the event goes off anyway).  Using the points you can essentially try and influence a bunch of nations to be more in favor of your side of the cold war.  You try and score points by having more nations favoring you in whatever region of the world happens to show up on the next scoring card (mixed into the deck).  You essentially have only a general idea of which places will be important next (you do know during the early war that only Europe and Asia matter, as the war goes on more of the world comes into play on the scoring cards) and you're always trading off getting things done vs playing your own events and trying to avoid playing your opponent's events.  Lots of fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My bro asked a really good question... How do you keep the air out of it?

From what I can tell, the bags start vacuumed out, and they use a valve that makes it such that only beer (directly from the tap) fills the bag. The bag has a one-way valve to release CO2 if needed and CO2 cartridges (or a 12oz CO2 tank) to add the carbonation back in if needed. All adjustable.

If it works as advertised, that's pretty boss. Sounds like they haven't developed a final prototype yet, though (as they still haven't decided on the type of refrigeration). That causes me concern.

• Like 2

It's alive! It's ALIVE!!!!

Just a heads up that the Kickstarter for my resin gaming terrain is live! Based on some feedback, I changed the earlybird all-ins to go from fewer at a steeper discount, to more at a lesser discount. Hopefully everything else makes sense!

Thanks again for everyone’s encouragement and suggestions throughout this process. While I hope you consider backing it, I also hope that, even if you don’t, you help spread the word. I’ll be posting in the forums that I frequent, but I’m generally of the mind that outsiders shouldn’t make accounts in forums they don’t typically frequent in order to sell their wares. However, if there’s a forum that you frequent where the members might be interested, please feel free to spread the word!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48375726/resin-terrain-for-miniature-gaming

• Like 2