World of Tanks - any players?

jesselowe

I'm still playing the PC version. Just don't see playing on the XBox when I'm already pretty established on the PC.

Finally got my E75, which makes 3 tier 9 tanks now.  I've unlocked two tier 10's (the IS-4 and Obj268).  I don't have the credits to buy either of them, though. 

Been playing since beta.When it released I spent quite a bit of money getting the T54 and getting it tricked out..but really it never did that well for me..as in I sucked in it and with the early renditions of the match maker my overall w/l stunk on most all of my tanks I used to grind up to the T54.

So I took a break of around 8 months after hitting the first 6 mos hard and came back only to play my little pz38t in the low tier fights.Since only playing the one tank in the lower tiers ive maintained its w/l at a solid 56.5% ..and that's in ALL pug fights with around 1500 matches played last I looked.crew is at 100% working on its second skill set too:).And recently my overall just popped above 50% with my overall matches played around 5100.

Its a fun game and easy to wip out a few rounds each day.But from what I found out about clan wars after playing in them with my guild(OTG) its not fun at all.Waay too much r/l money cost to keep up with the repairs and ya pretty much have to shoot gold too be competitive.Not sure how it is now but im not interested in ever trying it again anyway.

I play for one thing only and that's the notch in the W column.Dont care about kills,badges,medals or damage done...got a bunch of em anyway and don't even know how I got em,lol.

Ingame name is rcnjack63...if ya playing the low tiers and want to platoon up hail me if im on:)

• Like 1

Apparently the World of Tanks crew is in Portland this Friday. I'm guessing this might be for the Xbox 360 launch (nothing to do with the PC), but still cool! Also, you would need to be in the beta to post on their site to RSVP.

http://forum.worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/index.php?/topic/17593-portland-player-gathering-friday-jan-31-2014/

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Played Beta on a friend's account. House sat for him and ground up to the E-100, still working towards M103 and IS8 on gamer tag Gossmanster. He and I are generally anti-social, play w/o mic and if it is one of those rare times he is actually playing his account he will likely ignore an invite. But he is a good player and I will tell to be on the lookbout for some forum gamers. Just one less asshat on a side can swing a battle.

Just started my own account last week. Forum name=gamer tag. Training crews now but would really like to platoon once I have something tier appropriate.

• Like 1

Havent been able to play my regular rounds in the past few days due to my vid card crashing,got another on the way,im pretty sure my fan on this one is going out as it doesn't spin very fast at all now.

I`ve been annoyed with the game in recent months mainly due to the stupid MM .I have Been grinding up the US med line and was doing pretty good with the M4 and Easy 8, but it always seems that its either on a 10+ game winning streak or I am constantly matched with team f#*ktard with very little in the way of good close matches in between.I should note that the weekends are by far the worse for getting stuck with team efftard.

I would be up for joining a Clan again if anyone wants to try and get something going:)..would like to try out some of the new Clan battles stuff.

I have been playing Xbox almost exclusively. Generally prefer desk top but for some reason I just have more fun with WoT on console. Maybe because I started with it. Anyway, with my own account, esperatus, i could only really roll a T14, so tier V, I have a SU 122 44 but it really shows not having the training. The T14 is forgiving enough to fake it. Gossmanster and I are working out the mic situation and have two boxes in one room.

• 3 weeks later...

Grinding, grinding, grinding. Making progress. Got a second 360 and a second flat screen. Still no mic. Hope to have the second screen set up soon. Still would not want to platoon above tier V on my own account, "esperatus".

Dark Tra1ner: I will send you a request from Gossmanster, we can grind the VIII's. The IS-3 is pimped but a long way from the IS-8, we also have a pimped ROFL stomper aka rhumba. We are grinding a couple Tier IX's as well, but they are not as painful as the VIII bracket. Granted I occasionally do really stupid things, but the things I see the majority of people do regularly amazes me. I would think after however many hours it takes to get to VIII people would know the basics.

I can only speak as an authority on wasting time. Buy and keep as many tanks as possible. Jump between them as often as possible.

Actually I would recommend not thinking of it in terms of getting somewhere or you might feel all your time is wasted. You need to decide on your priority going in. Mine is primarily win/loss ratio, killing tanks,surviving the battle. This is essentially my third account and I have learned some things that suit my style. Premium account. A couple of choice premium tanks for earning silver and crew training. Cash can greatly facilitate just about anything but I try to avoid buying my way to victory out of principle. The only reason I go for tier X is I hate trying to take one down with an VIII. Honestly there is a sweet spot at tier V that gives the full game experience. If you watch the ques, play the right time of day, you can improve your odds of not being the omega. The game really teaches itself. If you enjoy it none of your time is wasted.