More Live Action Blogging

Raindog

It's space exploration time! 

Roxanne Socks, Idris, and Alfonso have been joined by the newly awoken clones Ruby and Momo.

Our intrepid space cowboys have finished their big hoist. They need to connect with Fingers (their possibly very illegal partner) to offload his part of the goods). He sends them a wave saying that he needs to finish his current business deal, and that they should go to Avalon to dock until he can meet them. The new pilot knows Avalon as a pastoral, quiet planet full of sheep and agriculture. Roxanne knows Avalon as a black planet. A lot has changed in almost 90 years that Momo and Ruby were in stasis. What was a planet with only two or three small cities, is not a planet full of forbidden tech, med services, and other things outlawed by the Fed. Excalliber is an expensive city where it costs $1,000 credits to dock. They won't have to worry about their ship to be hijacked, but it's a spendy place to spend any amount of time.

Excalliber is divided between rich and poor. There is a thriving black markets here. Warrens of layers and layers of shops and built up illegal housing holds illegal goods, but there are also areas of private estates hidden behind tall walls. 

After they dock, crews come forward to look for illegal tech, foreign lifeforms. PIppen is their Castellan. He introduces himself formally.

"As required by local law, you must sign in to our books. Of course, I expect you all to use false names. Please sign." 

Everyone signs. Idris passes over the credits for docking. They are given pass cards to let them get into their hanger, and warned not to loose them.

"Carbine weapons are not allowed. Dry powder weapons are forbidden. Grenades (Here he looks at Alfonso for some unknown reason) are absolutely not allowed. Pulse weapons are preferred. If you must get into a firefight, the Sword does not like blood to mess up the streets, nor the buildings to be harmed."

"Have you been here before? NO? I recommend a guide."

The group turns down the offer of the guide because it will be more "interesting" to explore without one.

"Red is the safe level. Blue level is forbidden. Black level is occupied by other ships."

One of the local mechanics, Boris, comes up and introduces himself.

"Boris noticed that you don't have shielding. Boris likes to make shielding. Do you have water showers? You want water showers on board? Fuel cells topped off?"

Roxie points out that they don't really need shielding on the front, because usually they are running away. "Since we don't have weapons, we don't really need shields on the front." 

Boris: "Well, I could put a turret on your ship? Cannon? Torpedos?"

There is a debate on having weapons. 

"Oh, and I have a friend who sells space bikes. We could even mount pulse weapons on a space bike for you. Come of Boris if you need anything. I can get you anything you need. I can also tell you where not to go."

"Where shouldn't we go?"

Boris, "Stay away from black level in the warrens. Stay away from the Grey Cloaks. Don't touch a Grey Cloak, or look at a Grey Cloak. Stay away from Fat Tommy. He's dangerous. "

A debate between Roxanne and Idris about which of the modifications they want. They rule out the water showers. 

Roxanne: "We do spend a LOT of time running away. We need rear shields."

hey decide on back shields and backup oxygen supply. 7,229 credits for the work, and Boris will start work immediately. They use genuine WCB parts, and they integrate as smoothly as possible so the feds don't pick up on the upgrades. The work should take 4 days.

Ruby and Momo realize that on a black planet, they are both wearing ancient outdated uniforms that they scavenged from the dead on the last planet. They decide to go shopping. 

Idris: "You know we're going to get in a fight before we leave. So be careful with money. We might need it by the end of the day."

Clothing is wild and fun. Colorful, large complex costumes are augmented with lights. Idris realizes that Alfonso and Irdis are carrying illegal weapons, Idris makes Alfonso go back and unload their illegal weapons.

Idris tries to talk Ruby and Momo into sensible clothes, as they garner stares everywhere they go in their Fed uniforms.

They make it to a busy street full of jetbikes, mules, jetpacks. The smells are impressive. This is the Reeds. There are causeways above them, and layers upon layers of city. People immediately start hooting at them and calling out to the crew.

One man, who identifies himself as "Steve".

Momo: "Oh, 'Steve' that makes all the difference. Sure we'll go with you."

Steve starts to lead them to Wilmotte the Tailor.

Alfonso: "I'm going to leave the group! I want to look for books."

You want books? I can lead you to books. The Scribery is open!" Alfonso goes off in a Mule Taxi with Welmsly. The Scribery is located under a cement slab fitted with an actual Oak door. Behind the door are actual paper books. 

"What kind of books do you like?" "Poetry, needlepoint?"

Alfonso: "I want books about engines."

Welmsly and Welmsly: "Oh, well. We have books on engines, but they aren't up to date."

Books hold up the ceiling in huge stacks. There are books about oil engines, coal engines, clockwork engines, steam engines. 

The Welmslys pull out books about the original Firefly engines. One book is 30 years before BadWolf, one is 30 years after, and one is the next gen after BadWolf. The one right after their ship shows updates they can use.

Alfonso: "What about robotics?"

The group groans as Alfonso starts looking at robotics books.)

Alfonso leaves the Scibery with 5 remaining credits, a book on cerbos for robotics and the Firefly book. He uses his com to contact Idris.

Momo and Ruby get mobbed by people trying to figure out their clothes.

"It's MOMO! IT's MOMO! It's SGT RUBY! Who made your costumes? Did you get plastic surgery? That's the uniform from scene three."

"I've played your game twelve times, and only thrown up twice. The 3d action is amazing."

White Castle enterprises make a game about Ruby and Momo. Someone brings out the game. The battles in the game are actual battles Momo and Sgt Ruby were both involved in. Momo remembers flying those routes and runs. The voices they can hear on the coms are the voices of their old companions. Everything they see is true to their memories.

The game has been out for 3 months. It makes billions of credits a month. Momo starts piloting through the game, and shocks the gamer geeks with her prowess. 

The whole group has dinner bought for them. In the time it takes Alfonso to find his books and buy them, the rest of the group is making friends in the Teapot.

A man named "Martin" offers to help Alfonso get to the Teapot. Martin's mule crashes. Alfonso is thrown from the mule and lands in a pile of refuse. Smoke is coming from the mule. And, he can see two guys on a corner are taking apart an EMP gun which caused the mule to crash. He Com doesn't work right now. An ugly looking man with dogs is coming this way with a second man with pulse pistols. Alfonso has crashed in a grey, dingy part of the city between the warrens. He is in a bad place.

Alfonso pulls out his forbidden pistol to shoot out the lights in the area. He shoots at the second light and misses. 

Dogs charge Alfonso. The dogs are hoglike and have tusks. He can hear another man say he's going to circle around Alfonso. Alfonso pulls out his Carbine shotgun. He shoots one dog. And shoots the second dog. Alfonso sees Martin get hit in the back of the head.

Alfonso again tries to shoot out the remaining light and misses. Alfonso is hit for a point of damage with a pulse weapon. He finally shoots out the remaining light, and pulls on his nightvision goggles so he can see in the darkness. There is one remaining dog charging, Martin is being dragged away. Pulse shots rocket around Alfonso.

Alfonso dodges the dog. At least one guy has night vision goggles. Someone pulls out a hand lantern. Alfonso hits the torch and the man. It is dark again.Alfonso takes 3 more points of pulse damage. Alfonso smacks the hog/dog with his spanner. The dog is down.

One bad guys runs away, and other guys runs off. Alfonso starts to climb ladder, and coms Idris.

Alfonso on Com: "Attack… nice guy… mule…"

Idris: "Did you get almost dead?" Alfonso hears: "get.. dead..??"

Alfonso: "guys.. attack.."

Idris realizes that his com is having problems. Alfonso tries to fix his com on the ladder. He drops it. It breaks into 3 pieces. He tries to fix it. It is still in three pieces. He climbs back up the ladder.

He watches one of the stunned men robs Martin's body and stumbles off. Alfonso tries to shoot the man, and misses.

Alfonso climbs back down to see if the Mule is salvageable. It needs a new battery, so he tries to rebuild the battery. He rewires some essential safety features, but the mule will fly. Martin is moaning. Alfonso takes off with Martin semiconscious. Alfonso tries to find the Teapot without the nav devices (which he used to rebuild the battery). He sees two towers, and moves toward the left one. People yell at him as he randomly crosses lanes of traffic. Alfonso rolls a 3 (out of 20) to steer the mule, but he uses a hero point to reroll, and misses the oncoming bikes. The tower looks familiar. Alfonso uses his key to get into the hanger. Nick and Mike say, "Hey, Mr Smith. Whatcha doing? Who's that?"

Alfonso: "Some guy who tried to give me a ride."

Mike;" you went out in the warrens, didn't you?"

Alfonso: "Well. I didn't mean to!"

The rest of the crew leaves the Teapot 4 hours after entering, and make it to the tailor. He first refuses to see them, but then relents because they have money.

Tailor: "You stay here. I work with you." He starts first with Ruby, who he likes.

Momo and Roxanne both impress him, and he helps them find new clothes. "We do not make accessories for grenades!"

Ruby offends the tailor when negotiating for price, and he tries to throw them out. "Look at the pants! Kevlar in the knees! Quality!"

Momo successfully finds a shirt, but gets stuck buying a cloak. The tailor says, "What? You should go buy blackmarket goods with the blood and the pulse marks. Just wipe off the blood." She eventually finds a lesser cloak, and buys that.

he girls return to the ship and find a big group of medtechs around a guy in their hanger. Boris explains that Alfonso was hijacked, and Alfonso saved his driver and returned to the hanger.

Alfonso realizes his books fell out when they crashed. The books are missing.

The next day Fingers contacts them. He will meet them at the Black Friar tomorrow. A man named Drudge wants to talk to them. Drudge needs "Able bodied, quick on their feet.. umm.. adaptable, morally ambiguous people."

Drudge wants them to find medicine that was stolen from his port.

Drudge wants to meet before Fingers can meet.

Alfonso and Rudy try to talk the group into finding the alley with his books using his "Alfonso senses".

Alfonso and Momo go off to look for the books. Momo pilots the broken mule, instead of the good mule that is in the BadWolf, so that they won't get anything good broken. She pilots the funky ship despite the duct tape nature of it.

They find a fog shrouded alley, and land. The alley is garbage strewn, but Alfonso can't tell if it's the right one. He starts to look around. Two men with large dogs come into the alley. "Come out, come out wherever you are.. we saw you go into the alley." One of them carries a huge gun, Alfonso says "hey, that looks illegal."

Big Guys, "What of it?"

Alfonso, "Nothing."

The guy with the dogs sets the dogs on them. Alfonso moves to intercept. He swings his spanner, and misses. Swings again, misses. The dogs tackle him and start biting him. Momo is fired upon by the huge gun. It fires a projectile, which misses her but destroys the ladder above her head. She fires her pulse carbine at the guy with the gun, and causes him to drop the next projectile. It explodes and kills the guy with the gun, and knocks down the dog guy. Meanwhile the dogs are trying to chew off Alfonso's arm. He hits one dog with his spanner. Momo shoots the other dog. Alfonso: "Roxanne will fix this."

Momo looks up from Alfonso to see a guy trying to sneak by them to a ladder. He motions to silence, gives Alfonso a credit, and then starts to creep off. They hear voices, "Hey that was a big explosion!" "Hey that's Big Mike!" The alley guy dives under a pile of garbage, Momo heads up one ladder, Alfonso heads up another ladder. Momo thinks she can see the mule in a neighboring alley. There are small urchin children everywhere. She opens a door and finds a child inside who shuts their eyes. Alfonso tries a door on his roof and breaks his tool. He tries to fix it, but can't. He shoots the door. Momo is trying to find a way to Alfonso's roof. She sees a wire, and decides to try and run across. (rolls a 7, rerolls gets a 3). She falls and hits the next level. Alfonso looks for Momo and can't find her. Someone fires at Alfonso.

Momo is laying on her back on a lower level. An old woman dumps her thunder jug on her, and walks back inside. Momo tries to jump down to the ground, and fails. She's unconscious. Alfonso hears Momo land, and sees her, as he sees a man on a jet bike land next to their mule and starts going through the mule. Alfonso fires at the guy, and hits him. The man gets on his bike and charges Alfonso. He fires at Alfonso, and misses. Alfonso tries to jump on the bike, and misses. They keep firing at each other as the bike races around the roof tops.

The bike flies into a wall and explodes. Alfonso climbs down to help Momo, and she is GONE.

fonso sees a blood trail leads into a sewer grate.

Idris's com rings. 

Idris: Hello.

Man: This is Pierre.

Idris: Pierre who?

Pierre: I have your person.

Idris: which person?

Pierre: The pretty one. She's hurt and is bleeding pretty badly. The other one is exploding things. They helped me, so I thought they owed me.

Idris: Ug.

Pierre: Can you track the com?

Idris gets Ruby and Roxy, and they head out to find Momo and Pierre. They use the good mule.

Alfonso tries to raise the grate, and realizes that it is booby trapped with a grenade. (Side conversation: Do you have a repair skill? No. Didn't you used to? I did, but then I got hit in the head.) He dives into the tunnels and starts to follow Momo's blood trail. The grenade does not explode. The trail leads back to street level, and to a locked door. He is threatened from above by a thunder jug. He dodges into it. Alfonso smells bad.

He continues to pound on the door. "I'm looking for my almost dead lady!" 

From behind the door "I'm sorry keeping almost corpses is an offense."

Alfonso: Can I come in, please?

The good mule with the rest of the part arrives. They can see Alfonso's head above the fog line. They land the good mule on the ground.

I'm thinking that right now Alfonso's smell is probably an offense too.. (Greek chorus at work)

Pierre to Idris: Hey, so someone's at my door asking for a corpse, but I don't have one. What do you want me to do?

Idris, he's with us. Let us in.

Pierre: Okay. 

The door opens. They can see a very stinky Momo lying on the ground, she's very close to death. Roxy rushes in and starts applying med packs.

Momo feels much better, except for the broken arm and leg. Roxy needs to get her back to the med bay. Momo is still trying to figure out if the books are in this alley or not. PIerre is gone.

Roxy is trying to get Momo out. Momo is trying to look for books. Idris sides with Roxy.

They return to the ship.

Boris comes to say there is a wave that came in. Drudge sent a wave to Idris. "I run things at Port Griffin at the labor side. I made a deal with someone. I have medicine for Thames. I hear you might have a soft spot for Thames. I'll send return coordinates in the return wave. I'll make it worth your while."

They have headed off the Black Friar to meet with Grudge. The Black Friar is a safe place, meaning no weapons are allowed. They have to surrender all of their weapons to a gun locker at the door. When Roxy and Idris surrender their weapons, he sees the Zugg blasters, a large black man with tremendous braided dreads in a complex arrangement says, "Hey, you've been fighting Zugg! Any killer of Zuggs is a friend of mine." 

His name is Brogdicio. He is a captain of the Wellington. The Wellington is a med ship that was lost in battle 10-15 years ago. It was in a battle in the Norse System, which is another black system. Roxy starts chatting with him, and they hit it off.

He's at the Black Friar to meet with Drudge to get help on a med transport. This is who they are here to help.

Zimm the cat gargoyle robot brings them to Drudge.

Drudge looks like a working class mobster. He has resin teeth.

Brogdicio runs his med ship as a traveling medical center. It provides a mobil hospital going from system to system helping out colonies. Drudge had obtained nanobots that would cleanse soil and water in Thames, but they were stolen by Fat Tommy's Hoods. He needs privateer to get them back.

Drudge swears that the tale he has told is true on the lives of his children. They get to negotiating terms.

They bargain for complete shielding on the ship and 2 books, plus some credits.

hey toast to their new found alliance and leave the Black Monk. They know they need to attack the large tower that protects the gang. They also have to be available to meet Fingers on the next night.

The current plan is to return to the BadWolf and to stock up on weapons and do some recon.

dris does some computer investigations about the tower, and Momo flies the bad mule to do recon. It's a radio tower with a platform with a second causeway underneath. It stretches 22 stories above the Rickety Spoon, a restaurant. There are no guns that are visible, and there's only room for a couple of people on top.

They plot. They plan. Alfonso thinks about making a remote control unit to run the bad mule, but there isn't enough time. Momo offers to pilot the bad mule and then to jump onto the good mule just before it hits the tower. Then they think about trying to use a jet pack to fly Momo off of the bad mule. The scratch all those plans, and think again.

Momo is going to fly the bad mule. Idris is going to pilot the good mule with everyone else. They still aren't quite sure how Momo is going to get off of the bad mule. Alfonso is bringing a box of 100 grenades. (Yes, that's right 100 grenades all in Alfonso's control.) (This is brilliant. No one is going to die.)

They start to fly to the tower. It is early evening. The flying bikes passing by have neon headlights that look like fireflies. They are going to fly next to each other, once Momo has the controls locked into to crash into the communications tower, she will jump to the good mule. (Game pauses while they discuss if they need grenades on board.) Momo realizes as she approaches that the tower is more substantial than she thought. Crashing the bad mule into the tower won't do the damage she'd hoped. She begins to change her mind.

Idris sees a jet bike on the tower. She can see that the watchman is laying down. She continues to fly mimicking Momo's flight. Momo gets ready to aim the bad mule at the watchroom on the tower instead of the tower strut. Momo realizes the watchman is making out with his girlfriend, and has no idea that the mules are approaching. Momo gets ready to jump on to the good mule. Momo is lined up to hit the watchroom, and she leaps into the good mule. She lands beautifully in the good mule.

The bad mule hits perfectly, and explodes violently into the tower watchroom. The explosion rocks the good mule, and both Alfonso and Momo have to catch themselves so they don't fall overboard. They hold on. Momo takes over piloting the good mule. Alfonso realizes his reworking of the bad mule removed the containment on the energy cells, and made it much more unstable, thus the more violent than expected explosion.

Alfonso realizes that this is as far as they really planned.

They think the med supplies are in the basement of the Rickety Spoon. Momo lands the good mule behind the Rickety Spoon on another building. Guys with rifles on the roof notice them land. Chunks of the watch tower is falling down on the Rickety Spoon. Two more attack bikes are coming in. The jet bike on the watch tower is in flames and falling downward.

Idris can feel impending doom. Shooting commences. She shoots at one guy with a rifle from her seat in the mule. She hits, but he stays on his feet. Momo leaps from the mule and charges them with her kitchen knife in their face. She misses with her knife.

Roxanne leaps from the mule, and slashes with her sword. Her opponent drops his rifle. Ruby runs toward the ladder down. Alfonso uses his double shot rifle, but misses. Both of the rifle men try to grab Momo and miss. Idris shoots again, and knocks out her opponent. Momo tries to push the remaining rifleman off the building. She shoves him into the air. Both men are dead. Ruby notices that a huge chunk of watchtower is about to fall on her, she rolls out of the way.

Ruby lands on the ladder. The building shakes, Roxanne falls onto her bottom, everyone else keeps their feet. Something shakes the building, and there is the sound of metal warping. They have to go down two levels to the Rickety Spoon. The door downward is locked, Idris opens it with her sonic. Ruby continues down on the ladder to the next level, where she can see the Rickety Spoon. She sees a black space bike, and jumps on it. When she tries to start it (without the keys) the owner spots her, and several men come forward to attack her.

Three bikers attack Ruby. She shoots and hits one, and kills him. One shoots back with a revolver and hits her. Ruby shoots again, and kills the next one. The third attacker swings a knife and misses. A black hood shoots and hits Ruby. Another guy comes out from the bar. Ruby shoots the gun out of another man's hand. The woman with the knife, trips and falls on the knife. Ruby shoots again, and wounds another man. Someone has run back into the bar. She shoots the man with the revolver for a third time, he begins to scream about how unfair she is.

More men come out from the bar armed with guns and a broken whiskey bottle. The bottle is thrown at her head. Ruby grabs the keys from the dead owner and starts the bike, she attempts to flies it into the crowd. Ruby hits the woman with the knife into the crowd.

She now is hitting other jet bikes with her bike with an unconscious drunk guy on the front of the bike. She's about to hit the safety wall, and tries to peel out and turn the bike. She knocks another guy off the platform. She leaves the platform and flies her jet bike into the open air.

That is where we end for the night. 

Alfonso, Idris, Momo, and Roxy are making their way down inside the building to the bar. Ruby has decimated the exterior of the bar and killed a bunch of patrons, and is flying a jet bike (which she has no idea how to do).

• 3 weeks later...

It is that time again! Space cowboy adventuring style!

When last we left our group, they were trying to recover stolen medicines by raiding the base of gang of thieves. 

Roxes Socks, Idris, Momo, and Alfonso are making there way down a stairwell as they try and access the basement storage area after they have rammed their bad mule (anti grav vehicle) into the radio tower at the top of the hideout.

Idris is in the lead as they descend. Below them they can hear people talking about "loading the shipment" to save it. Momo jumps down to the next layer of the stair, where she is spotted by a large man who yells, "Intruders! Shoot them!".

dris fires and hits the big man. Alfonso is in position to also start shooting. Momo is balanced on the railing, and can see more people below her. She's going to try and jump back into the fleeing people and block their escape with her kitchen knife. She executes a lovely back flip, and blocks the escape of two women and a boy with a paint roller.

She stabs the boy. The big man shoots the railing where Momo had been. It explodes into splinters. Another man randomly fires at Roxanne, and misses. More men and women run into the area. Some are armed, some appear to be workers from the club upstairs.

Aflonso shoots and misses. Roxanne fires at a man armed with a wrench. He blocks the shot with his wrench. Idris shoots and hits a gunman. He stays on his feet. Momo dodges more gun fire.

The wrench wielding fiend swings at Roxy and hits her with his wrench. Alfonso sees the fight, and wishes he could be having a wrench fight with him. Alfonso is missed by a man with gun.

Momo chases people who are running down into lower levels. She sees a man is shooting at her, and fires back hitting a blackjack dealer instead.

Idris is shot at twice, and is hit once. She takes 5 points of damage. The power goes out in the area. Alfonso is hit. The basements are now dark. Screams fill the area as people start running into walls. Alfonso and Idris have nightvision goggles, but the rest of the group is running in the dark. Idris can hear lots of chatter on the comms as another fight takes place somewhere else (This is will be Ruby's fight that occurred last session.)

Momo opens a door. The power in here is still on. There's a stage in here with a heavy metal band playing. Due to the loudness of the band, they have no idea of the firefight upstairs or outside. The door next to her explodes. Alfonso is hit by something in the belly. Idris feels something fly by her cheek. Roxanne feels something brush by her cheek, and now she can hear the heavy metal band.

Roxanne stabs the wrench guy and misses. Idris fires again, and hits the big guy in black again, and he falls. Momo is in the oblivious bar area. She can see where a storage area, bar, stage, tables, balcony, and dancing people. She can see gang members in the crowd in between civilians. She's going to try to sneak by the nearest gang member, so she can attack him from behind.

Roxanne is fired at and hit. The wrench man misses her. Alfonso sees Roxanne hit by the blaster, and runs to help her. He misses judges his distance, and knocks Roxy over. The both fall down.

Momo tries to stab the bad guy she snuck up on, but she stabs his armored collar. He is taken completely surprised, and is trying to figure out what she's trying to do. No one else notices. Idris shoots at wrench guy, and hits. Wrench guy hides behind the gunman. Alfonso is shot in the back as he lies on top of Roxanne. Alfonso leaps to his feet with flair and swings with his spanner. He hits the gunman in the face with his spanner. Roxanne rolls to her feet.

Idris shoots at the gunman who hit Alfonso, and hits him. He falls. The power goes back on.

Momo tries to stab her guy again and misses, he tries to hit her in the face (he's figured out that she's trying to hurt him) and misses. 

Alfonso begins to hunt for wrench boy who has run away. He spots him, and gives chase. Wrench boy goes down two levels on the stairs, before he looses sight of him. He hears a door shut. There are two possible doors, and he tries the first one. He can see wrench boy climb into a flying lorrie.

Roxanne finishes off the downed gang members. Idris has run out of people to shoot, so he goes down the stairs to the level Momo is on. Momo is still in the club room, and has successfully stabbed him twice in the chest. The band music on stage suddenly stops, and someone yells "We're being robbed. KILL THEM ALL!"

The patrons look around and see Momo stabbing the guy in the chest. From outside the far door of the club, a man flies in through the front window. A flying bike can be seen running people down through the broken window. (That would be Ruby wreaking havok outside.) Momo is about to be charged by all of the patrons of the clubroom.

Idris and Roxanne approach the clubhouse room. Momo gets shot with a pulse pistol, and all of the bad guys charge Momo. Idris wishes for grenades.

Patrons begin running into the approach of the bad guys and they try to get out of the club. Momo pushes past the guy who shot her, and charges out the front door of the club. She can see someone flying off on a bike. A man is starting up a second bike to chase the first person, Momo runs toward them. Momo jumps onto the back of the bike, so the bikes pitches upward. The man flying the bike balances the bike, so she isn't thrown off. She stabs him, and he screams.

Roxanne is charged by a man with pool cue, and stabs him with her sword. Idris starts shooting at hoods in the bar. More patrons are running around in the bar. Chaos ensues. Momo continues to fight with the man on the bike. People are now swarming around the bike. She tries to stab the driver again, and misses him. He continues to try and shove her off the bike.

Roxanne kills the man with the pool cue with her sword. Idris shoots at more gang members. She sees a gangmember pull out a chainsaw and start it up. He charges Idris.

A passerby grabs Momo and tries to pull her off the bike. Momo leans forward to grab the throttle, grabs it, and guns the bike. She wrenches the bike to the side breaking the hold of the man who had grabbed her. 

Roxanne swings at the man with the charging chainsaw, and hits him. He looses control of the chainsaw. It cuts his leg, and then the chainsaw spins out of control across the floor toward Idris, who steps back out of the way into another doorway.

The man wrestling with Momo on the bike, grabs a boot dagger and stabs back at Momo. She is hit. Another gang member shoots at their bike, hitting the driver. The bike stalls and begins to fall out of the sky. The driver falls off of the bike. Momo grabs the handlebars and tries to restart the bike. The engine struggles to restart.

Roxanne grabs at the chainsaw, but it's moving too crazily. As she bends to grab the roaring chainsaw, someone shoots over her back.

Ruby, who we last left trying to fly a bike she doesn't know how to fly, is currently sort of flying. Ruby can hear screaming on the com and gun fire. She is being chased by another bike. She fires her rifle behind her, letting go of the bike controls. She hits the following bike, and regains control of her bike. She sees a lower garage, and flies her bike toward the garage.

Alfonso, in a lower garage, runs toward wrench boy who is backing up a lorrie. A window on the lorries lowers, Alfonso throws a concussion grenade toward the open window. It bounces off of the door. A gun fires toward Alfonso from the interior of the truck. The grenade goes off and rocks the truck onto it's side. Alfonso hits the lorry with his spanner. The spanner bounces off the lorry. The wrench boy rockets the lorry forward into a row of bikes. One of bikes goes sailing toward Alfonso, knocking him down.

Ruby can see a lorry come out of the garage she's heading toward. It comes out, and then banks back into the garage. She jumps off of her jet bike and onto the lorry. The bike banks off the lorry and it explodes off one of the garage walls, starting a fire. She can see Alfonso's body lying on the ground. The man driving the lorry appears to be trying to land his lorry on Alfonso's body. Ruby climbs along the roof of the lorry, and leans in to shoot the driver. She knocks him unconscious. The lorry banks toward the burning wall of the garage. She leaps off of it, and lands perfectly on the ground. She can see the lorry racing toward the burning wall, and realizes it is a refridgerator truck. She runs back toward the truck, and jumps into the truck, pushing over the wrench boy. She slams on the breaks and stops the truck before it hits the wall.

Roxanne turns off the chainsaw and picks it up. She now has a chainsaw and a sword. (What else could a girl want?) Shots bounce around her.

Idris is talking to the woman, Peaches, who was in the room she ran into while escaping the chainsaw. Idris learns that there is a room full of cameras on the third floor, she runs up to the third floor to see if she can see where the medicine is. When she gets to that level, she finds it full of smoke. She puts on a breather and her nightvision goggles.

Roxanne realizes she is now alone in the bar room. All of the remaining gangmembers, turn toward her. She turns off her chainsaw, and is shot twice. She falls to the ground unconscious.

Momo, riding her jet bike, realizes she is being chased by other bikes. She flies into the garage, and sees Ruby stop the lorry. Momo jumps into the truck, and pulls in Alfonso into the lorry. Three jet bikes, which were chasing Momo, fly into the garage. Ruby starts shooting at them.

She knocks down two of the bikers with her rifle. The third takes cover behind a pillar. Ruby heads into the building to look for the medicine. She sees a man carrying a big box, who says, "Hey Mike, I've got the stuff." Behind him his a huge man, in full body armor, carrying a big gun. Ruby shoots the big guy, who is hit, but not down. The man grabs at a door to block Ruby. He hits Ruby with the big gun. She stays on her feet. She shoots again and hits again. The man with the box, lays down on the ground and yells, "Just take the stuff!" She grabs the box, and he gets up and runs away. Momo sees the man behind the pillar get ready to shoot at Ruby's back. She shoots and hits! He falls. Ruby is running to the truck with the box she found.

Ruby gets to the back of the fridge truck, and realizes that the backdoors have a combo lock. She tries the combo 1234, and the door opens.

Idris in the computer room, and fireworks begin to go off around her. She finds a locked door, gets it opened, but can't see anything. She can hear breaking glass. Her goggles won't work in the smoke. Her vision clears. She is in a room full of empty bottles. She tries to open an exterior window. She shoots it open, and a fire vortex is heading toward her. She climbs out the window and drops onto the deck 20 feet below. Above her flames are shooting out and fireworks are going off. Idris looks for the members of her party. She sees no one outside. She looks into the bar's main room and sees Roxanne's body. Someone is starting up the chainsaw, another man is looting Roxanne's bags, a third person has Roxanne's sword. Idris shoots at the man with the chainsaw, who starts to run toward Idris.

Idris in the computer room, and fireworks begin to go off around her. She finds a locked door, gets it opened, but can't see anything. She can hear breaking glass. Her goggles won't work in the smoke. Her vision clears. She is in a room full of empty bottles. She tries to open an exterior window. She shoots it open, and a fire vortex is heading toward her. She climbs out the window and drops onto the deck 20 feet below. Above her flames are shooting out and fireworks are going off. Idris looks for the members of her party. She sees no one outside. She looks into the bar's main room and sees Roxanne's body. Someone is starting up the chainsaw, another man is looting Roxanne's bags, a third person has Roxanne's sword. Idris shoots at the man with the chainsaw, who starts to run toward Idris.

Idris continues to grapple. She shoots the chainsaw guy, who looses control of the chainsaw. It cuts off his head. Blood is everywhere (perhaps chainsaws in battle are a bad thing). One of the men grappling Idris grabs her gun. She wrests her gun away, shoots again and misses. He tries to punch her in the face, and misses. She shoots him in the face. She shoots him again as he leaps back up and tries to tackle her. Her gun flies through the air, and the bad guy falls on top of her. She knees him in the groin. She grabs the gun off of a guy laying next to her. She realizes it is a crappy gun. She reaches for the chainsaw to hit on the head, but realizes it is too dangerous.

One of the guys gets up and pulls out a wicked knife, she pulls out another of her guns and shoots him. He throws the knife. She hits him, but the knife still comes through the air. She's hit. She has one point of health left. Idris starts looking for a med kit spilled on the floor from Roxanne's spilled gear. She uses the med kit to restore part of her health. She grabs a second medkit and uses it on Roxanne, but it does not work. She tries to apply it again, it takes. Roxanne returns to consciousness.

Roxanne realizes all of her stuff is gone, except for her belt with some vials. Her sword, bags, nanobots, and all other items are gone. She begins to madly look around for her gear

Momo tries to use the coms, but hears screaming and chainsaw noises. She starts yelling into the com. "It's Momo." "Help me Momo! Who are you?!" They tell her that the fire brigade and the law is on the way. Momo tells the random people that they are in the garage. Soon all of the survivors are running toward the van in the garage.

Now Momo hears Fire Brigade announce they are on the way. 

Momo and Ruby start pulling grenades off of Alfonso's body as they prepare for the gang members coming their way.

Idris and Roxanne are in the club area. Roxanne is freaking out about loosing her stuff. She grabs the dancing chainsaw and turns it off. Idris gives her a Zugg axe. Idris opens up her com and hears people talk about going down to the basement to escape. Idris and Roxanne start racing downstairs. 

In the garage, a storm of people are charging the van. They start jumping on top of the lorry. Momo starts trying to compensate the engines so the lorry can still fly. More people come out, Ruby throws a concussion grenade on top of the van. Some people fall off. Idris and Roxanne come into the garage.

The power goes out in the garage. The garage doors start to emergency close. Momo flies the lorry forward to block the doors from closing. There is a space bike and a mule that are still functional in addition to the mule. Idris sonics the doors to keep them open. Momo yells to Idris and Roxanne. They (amazingly) hear them. Roxanne wants to kill everyone to get her stuff back. Other refugees start up the mule. Momo bluffs that the Lorry is broken people begin to climb off the lorry. Roxanne, insane with the loss of her gear, runs towards the people in the mule. Idris runs toward the lorry.

Idris tries the back door of the lorry, and finds that the lorry back is filled with people. She tells them the lorry is broken and they need to get out. People begin piling out, and they begin to carry out the big med box. Idris sees the med box, and holds her gun to the guys head. He leaves the box and runs toward the mule. Roxanne is at the mule trying to decide between killing random people and giving up on her stuff. She starts randomly swinging her chainsaw.

Idris in now alone in the back of the fridge truck with the box of meds they were after. She alerts the crew of this. 

Roxanne is still madly swinging her chainsaw at the mule. Ruby starts grabbing grenades from Alfonso's body. Momo backs the Lorry back into the garage, hitting random people. Bodies fly everywhere. Idris manages to stay in the truck's back and holds onto the med supplies. Ruby starts shooting.

Momo throws concussion grenades into the crowd.

The crowd is completely confused. Roxanne finds her sword on a dead guy and begins to look for her med supplies.

She sees a man running away with her gear bag. He sees her chase him and he yells, "TAKE IT!" He's running back into the burning building. Roxanne now has the bulk of her stuff. They hear an alert that the police and the fire crews are almost on scene.

Roxanne gets into the lorry, and the group flees the scene. Roxanne starts tending to Alfonso's wounds.

As they flee the scene, Idris contacts Drudge and tells him the job is done. He gives her the coordinates of a swamp 30 miles away.

Momo flies such a crazy path to the swamp that no one could follow them. They wait in the swamp. Two black mules approach with guns on the back. A third vehicle comes up. Drudge comes out.  

"You all look a bit singed. Did you know there is a fire in town? There are reports of hundreds of casualties, including pulse wounds, chainsaw wounds, and…" 

At this point, Roxanne begins to giggle. 

Drudge and his men look uncomfortable with the blood and gore covered medic, who is holding a chainsaw, and looking… a bit mad.

"You might want to um… clean up… and um.. lay low for a bit."

He gives them payment, including two books for Alfonso from Wensly and Wensly. Shields are being added to the Bad Wolf. Idris reports that they have killed 35 known hoods.

Drudge is sure that the gang has learned a "lesson" of stealing from him. He recommends torching the lorry, cleaning up, and then having one of his men drop them back in town. The group attempts to clean up in the swamp.

Some of them clean up well, some of them just cover up the blood with mud. Idris starts sonic-ing out mud. Two and half hours later they are in the agricultural area of town.

Some of them clean up well, some of them just cover up the blood with mud. Idris starts sonic-ing out mud. Two and half hours later they are in the agricultural area of town.

He recognizes Momo, and has her game.

He talks up the crowd as he flies them back to their hanger.

not only is the chainsaw a bad battle tool, this is even an inferior chainsaw. Heath is not at all impressed by it, but he tries to understand why Roxy has sentimental attachment to it.

They make it back to the hanger where Bad Wolf is, and they heal up while laying low.

Shields are being added to the Bad Wolf. Alfonso is reading his books.

The rest of the crew tries to go shopping while laying low.

Roxy, Ruby, and Momo want body armor. Ruby also wants an energy sword. Momo wants poisoned nailpolish.

Idris also wants body armor. Essentially the only one who hasn't spoken up about armor is Alfsonso.

• Like 1

The crew is going shopping, except for Alfonso.

They get an address in the Reeds from Boris to go buy blast armor at. They set out on foot, because they lost both of their mules (the bad one they crashed and the good one they abandoned). The crew is generally dazzled by the various flashing lights and calls of the vendors. Momo notices a vid of coverage of a fire in the Warrens with massive casualties.

They find a couple of places that sell used body armor and clothes. They also see more video of the attack. Idris buys a chest plate. Momo goes into another shop and is offered kitchen knives. Momo asks for a meat knife, perhaps for pork roasts. The woman who runs the shop brings back a large cutting knife. Roxy says, "Boris sent us". The woman presses a button and a second woman comes up to bring them back to where the better "knives" are kept. They start showing them armor and other goods.

"Now, if you were going to do some raiding, like that group that happened to attack that bar the other day, you might want a big shield like this.." and she starts showing them all kinds of alternate shields, both physical and energy based.

"Hey, do you have any poisonous nail polish?"

Roxy: "Hey we're trying to lay low."

Ruby: "There's nothing wrong with poisoned nail polish except death."

Shop girl: "you should talk to my cousin."

Roxy: "Because that's not sketchy at all."

shop girl: "Hey, do you know anything about what went down in the Warrens yesterday?"

Ruby: "You mean that fire?" 

Shop Girl: "Ya. I hear 450 dead!"

Ruby: "No. I know nothing about that. I heard about it on the vid. Wild. Yay."

Shop Girl: "You should go and talk to my cousins."

The group now is just Ruby, Momo, and Roxy. They head to Jakes to buy new coms. They realize they are being followed by at least 3 men who are probably carrying weapons. 

They find Jake, and start talking about coms.

The guys watching are hanging around watching them buy their coms. Next they head to a tea house.

They make it safely back to the hanger and the ship.

An hour after they return they get a wave from Fingers. He's heard that it's really hot in Camelot. Fat Tommy is really angry, and has offered a reward for the people involved in hurting his friends. 

Mercia tomorrow at White Tower tomorrow, in the warrior's hall. Mercia is another planet. They will use the Nova to travel to Mercia, and the Excalliber will watch the Bad Wolf and Boris will continue to install the new shields.

They get to Mercia without a problem. The Nova flies well, and Momo is impressed with the handling of the little shuttle craft. They are ushered into the planet, and land without an issue. Upon landing they are confronted by customs officials. Several gruff officials come up. They start to identify themselves. 

A guy in his 70s comes up and starts quizzing them. 

He asks who they are supposed to be visiting, and Ruby blurts out "Uncle Toes."

He turns to her, and says, "Holy crap. You're a Ruby class aren't you?"

Ruby says, "Um… "

official: "Look at me. Look how old I am. I know you are a Ruby class."

Ruby roles a 20 to bluff that she isn't Ruby, and that she had plastic surgery. 

He turns to Momo and asks her a false question about a 60 year old star fighter. Momo starts squirming and laughing. He asks her where she served she tries to bluff. He lets her know this is the safest place for her to be honest about who she is. She rolls well to bluff about it all being Momo.

Alfonso hands an ID to the guy that says his name is John Doe and he is a sausage merchant. Roxy hands in her Jane Simpson ID card. Idris hands in her ID card, but has forgotten that the ID is a fake one. She gave her real name. As everything falls apart, the guy asks, "When are you meeting Fingers."

He sets out the rules of the planet about allowed and disallowed weapons. Then he says, "No chainsaws. I don't want anything like I hear on Camelot happening." Roxy begins to splurt, but best herself under control. Swords are allowed. Roxy says, "Yay!"

Momo asks, "What about kitchen knives?"

One of the other officials begins to laugh.

Head guy: "Okay 500 credits to dock. 500 credits to unload, or I search your ship." They had over the credits, he splits that among of the men. He says they will be followed the entire time they are on the planet.

They head to the Warrior's Hall. This is a hall especially for veterans in the failed liberation attempt. Everyone stares at Momo and Ruby. They put up their hoods.

On the vid screen in another vid of the lorry taking off. There is footage of a mule hitting the antenna, a person jumping off and landing on a second mule. Alfonso, "We really didn't think this through."

There are also interviews with eyewitnesses, who report seeing a crew of 20 or 30 large men with lots of weapons who stormed the building.

Then they notice there is a hovering droid with a camera and microphone following them. They see Fingers who ushers them into a private room. He's heard from Drudge who would hire them in the future for any wet work he needs doing. He thinks they could take down anything they came across. Idris gets to work telling Fingers about all of the weapons they've brought him, including the two sentinal guns.

Fingers looks at Momo and Ruby, and asks who they are. He goes to shake Ruby's hand and asks where they found the two new members of the crew. Alfonso, "Around." Idris, "Around." He tells Ruby that if she tells him her story, he'll give the group a better deal on the weapons.

They start the haggling, and arrange to meet at a safe meet point to trade the goods. He will contact them in a couple of weeks for a new job when they aren't as hot.

• 1 month later...

Our intrepid space cowboys were on Avalon Alliance headquarters, they leave in the shuttle Nova to head back to the space dock where the Bad Wolf is being updated. 

As they travel along an astroid belt, they discover a homing beacon on a dead body. They find this body floating with 3 other bodies floating in space. As they contemplate what to do with the 4 bodies, they get a wave on the radio. 

The Avalon Alliance is missing a mining courier. They are seeking any information about their missing ship and crew.

Our party pulls the bodies into the airlock. 

Idris examines the bodies.

Body #1,female picture of children, id with wallet "Sarah Johnson", comb, gold wedding ring, pearl earrings, in a flight suit

Body #2, male, older, crusty frozen beard, 4 data crystals, 3 slide cards, flight suit, 

Body #3 male, has been hit over and over by pulse carbines, broken bones, necklace with locket with picture of young lady, gun

Body #4, male, shot 24 times, dagger, homing device, grenade in hand… which activates in the atmosphere of the ship… Idris scrambles to use her sonic to shut off the grenade.

Slide cards: gets into any room in Excaliber, opens doors in a warehouse, another thing.

Data crystals are hard to read on the Nova, as it's computer isn't as good as the Bad Wolf.

" This is Yarl Johnson. what do you have to report."

"This is Idris on the Nova, we've found four bodies floating in space."

"IDs?"

Idris sends in the identities, the Alliance asks them to try and track the ship's exhaust trails. They will send them the specs. Eventually the Alliance would like them to return the bodies to the Excaliber in Thames.

The track is hard to follow as the astroids keep getting in the way. They fly slowly and carefully to follow the trail.

Idris, scanning for the trail, finds that an droid stationed on an astroid has locked onto them. IT'S AN AMBUSH!

"DO SOME CRAZY FLYING MOMO!"

Momo starts dodging projectiles. She weaves and dodges, astroids explode around them. Idris tries to rediscover the exhaust trail as they move out of range of the ambush droids.

"Organic object in 50 meters."

"AIRLOCK IS OPEN" says the computer. Idris shuts the door.

"INTERIOR DOOR IS OPEN" Idris shuts the door. Roxy yells for Ruby to check what has invaded the ship.

"Someone with a gun get down there!"

Alfonso is working in the engine room, when his spidey sense tells him something bad is about to happen. He turns to see a man in full enviro suit is aiming a gun at him. He ducks and spins, the first shot misses. He throws a spanner and misses. The man hits Alfonso's wrist with a second shot, shattering the wrist.

Ruby is looking for the intruder. She runs toward the engine room, and is ambushed by the intruder. She takes 6 points of damage. Alfonso shoots with his good hand, and hits the intruder's suit.

Ruby shoots with her carbine and hits. The intruder shoots back and misses. Electronics spark. Idris, watching the computers sees that the ship has just lost stabilizers… in an astroid belt. She scrambles to compensate. Momo continues to fly well

Alfonso hits the intruder again. Ruby shoots and hits. Alfonso tries to fix the damage to the engine. The intruder is on the ground. Ruby examines the body.

Correction, she moves the body, without examining it, into a storage room. Roxy yells to check the body to see if he has weapons or if he is dead.

ntruder: jet pack, magnetic clamps, a circular device with buttons, magazines, young man, 22 yo. Federal flight suit and dogtags.

He is very, very dead. He looks like a Federal commando. Helmet is destroyed, flightsuit is still usable. Carbine gun that will shoot in space.

Alfonso now has a flightsuit with jetpack and magno boots. He's a happy camper with a very broken wrist.

The circular device is a bomb that would attach to the hull of a ship and would cause a chain reaction in the engines.

(Conversation among players about Fabreeze versus dead bodies)

dris can't find the trail of the captured ship. They start to fly toward a mining colony to make repairs.

At the mining colony they find the missing ship in orbit around the mining colony. From the planet a federation prowler is approaching at attack vector. The prowler with have a 5 man commando force on board.

Momo flies to avoid them. Ruby gets on the Com to try and bluff their way past the prowler.

"Hey we're just flying through. Don't attack us."

No response.

Roxy "Abort, abort, there's children aboard!"

The Federation ship pauses. Alfonso leaves the Nova via the airlock in the suit with the jet pack. He has the bomb.

Alfonso is heading straight toward the prowler. The ships engines begin to suck him in, he avoids them, and attaches to the ship. The bomb is attached.

Ruby is keeping astroids between them and the prowler. WEAPONS LOCK! Ruby narrowly avoids the incoming attack. The prowler, with Alfonso attached, dives steeply in pursuit. He tries to propel himself off of the ship, and is caught by the engines. He engages the jetpack and flies off.

The prowler is hit by astroid debris and briefly is out of control. Ruby is trying to put distance between them and the prowler. The bomb is ticking down. The prowler regains control and rockets after the Nova. The Prowler explodes. Debris goes everywhere.

Idris starts scanning for Alfonso.

Alfonso is floating in space. He has 52 minutes of air left.

Idris's scanners aren't working.

They com Alfonso. "I'm hanging in there."

The missing mining ship is leaving the planet, and is leaving behind a trial of small objects.

It takes 30 minutes to locate Alfonso.

Roxy is alarmed to see how floppy his broken wrist is. It was totally insane for Alfonso, with his completely broken wrist to fly out and attach a bomb…. but really, what would we expect.

Roxy uses the nano bots to fix the wrist.

Yarl contacts them. There are reinforcements on the way. Idris updates him with the Federation element. The ship that was highjacked has weapons grade ore on it. They are requested to follow and to try an intercept the courier ship, which is headed toward the neutral zone.

Momo is approved to go "Momo Speed". To intercept. The Nova begins to fly at wreckless full speed. Alfonso races about the engine room keeping the ship flying true with the broken stabilizer.

he Nova contacts the courier, and tries to get it to stop. While talking Idris sees that there is a large ship on the edge of their sensors. There is a heavy class Fed crusier 1 hours away. This ship can fire 100 missiles at a time. It could destroy the Nova with one shot.

Idris contacts Yarl and warns of the cruiser. He says, "GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!" 

After a pause. "If you are able to destroy or recapture the lorry, we will pay you 100,000 credits"

Greed overtakes caution and they move to SUPER MOMO speed to overtake the courier ship. She overtakes the ship and hovers over the top of the other ship. Ruby puts on the space suit and the jet pack and leaves the Nova.

Roxanne has been rotating the 5 dead bodies that have been collected on board through the single cryo-chamber that the Nova has. This is keeping rot at bay, but is taking a lot of time, as bodies are hard to move.

okay, so Momo lines up the ships so the airlocks join. Ruby has gone aboard. The Nova has lost communication with her. Alfonso and Roxanne board the other ship to find Ruby. They cross to the other ship and find Ruby holding someone in a spacesuit at gun point. This ship is manned by another Ruby clone who has rendered their Ruby unconscious.

Alfonso, "Ruby, stop shooting yourself!"

The other Ruby clone throws a grenade at Alfonso and Roxy. It goes off. They are wounded. Alfonso shoots Bad Ruby and hits. Bad Ruby is knocked unconscious. Roxy starts healing people.

Alfonso: "Ruby and Roxanne, there's another Ruby in the engine room." 

Roxanne: "Ruby go help Alfonso. I'll pilot the ship."

Other Ruby: "What does this wire do?" And she pulls another wire.

Roxanne: "Why are there red lights flashing!? Ahh what's doing on?!"

Other Ruby: "Uh-oh, what's this?" from behind the engine compartment.

Ruby rushes Other Ruby. Other Ruby: "Sister! What is going on?! There's some fool man trying to shoot us."

Ruby: "Stop! He's not trying to hurt you, he wants you to stop pulling wires!"

Other Ruby "What's going on?! We were sleeping, and then there was a fire fight."

Roxanne: "What's going on?"

Other Ruby: "Can I shoot that person?"

Roxanne: "NO! DON"T SHOOT ME!"

Other Ruby: "Can I shoot that guy who's shooting at me? Federation rule 62.5 says we should shoot these people."

Ruby stops. Ruby isn't a fed clone. These Ruby-clones are from a batch that wasn't reprogramed by the rebels. Other Ruby takes Alfonso's gun. "Go fix the engine, Engine boy! I pulled the red wire and the blue wire on the fuel supply."

Alfonso: "That's bad! Why did you do that?!"

Both ships have moved into the astroid belt. They've moved away from the incoming cruiser. There are Alliance ships coming to help. Roxy tries to explain to Other Ruby what's happened. That's she's probably been in cryo for 70 years.

Other Ruby: "Where's the federation. Aren't we supposed to be helping the Feds? We were supposed to be guarding the fuel depot."

Roxy: "That was 70 years ago."

Other Ruby: "Then we should report to the nearest Feds."

Roxy: "I don't know where that would be. This is an AWC ship."

Other Ruby: "What's the AWC?"

Roxy: "That's who owns this ship."

Other Ruby: "So this is a stolen ship."

Roxy: "Yes. We're returning it."

Other Ruby: "So someone stole us. I should kill them."

Roxy: "I think we already killed them."

Other Ruby: "Who were they?"

Roxy: "I don't know."

Other Ruby: "where's the federation?"

Roxy: "I don't know."

Other Ruby: "How can you not know?"

Roxy: "They don't exist."

Other Ruby: "They don't exist?"

She gives up her weapons and moves through the ship. 

Other Ruby: "Hey this dead guy is wearing a Fed uniform!"

Roxy: "it's a relic"

The AWC (Avalon Alliance company) ships approach. They contact Idris (who is unaware of the situation on the courier ship.)

Cmdr Scott: Have you been talking to the weapons ore?

Idris.. ……..

They land the courier and the AWC ship on the mining planet. Four crew members come from the AWC ship.

Cmdr Scott comes over. "Well this is difficult" as he sees the two Rubys and Roxanne.

Roxanne: "This is our Ruby."

Cmdr Scott: "You have a Ruby."

Roxy: "Yes. That's the Other Ruby."

Cmdr Scott: "This is confusing."

Other Ruby to Cmdr Scott: "What's happened to the Federation?

Cmdr Scott: They abandoned this sector long ago.

Other Ruby: "Who are we fighting?"

Cmdr Scott: "No one."

Other Ruby: "This looks like the base we started from, but different. This looks like crap build on crap."

Cmdr Scott: "Yes, we found this bunker last month. And we've been trying to dig you out and bring you to medical bay, but.. ummm… pirates attacked, and these people saved you."

Other Ruby: "Pirates. That's bad."

Cmdr Scott: "Yes."

Other Ruby: Then I should come with you.

Cmdr Scott: "Yes."

Other Ruby: "But I don't need medical attention."

Roxanne: "Yes! You do!"

Other Ruby: "What, are you a doctor?!"

Roxanne: YES. YES, I am!

Other Ruby: Then, why do you have a chainsaw?

Roxanne: Because I like chainsaws!

Other Ruby and the frozen Rubys are going with Cmdr Scott and his crew. They arrange to transfer the dead crew members from Nova to the AWC ship. 

Cmdr Scott takes down information to transfer the 110,000 credits to Excaliber space dock were the Bad Wolf is. He also talks to Momo and Ruby about how they should let the Alliance know they are alive so they can get their pensions. They have large backpay they could claim, if they wanted to.

The Nova makes its way back to Excaliber. Boris welcomes them back. He notifies them that their records have been altered so that it looks like they weren't on planet during the event at the biker bar. A white coat has already come asking if a mostly female crew has landed recently. Boris offers to fix the damage to the Nova.

Boris also asks if they want weapons added to Bad Wolf, now that they have so much more money in the bank. 

Momo: "I want pew-pew guns!"

Boris: "Pew-pew laser guns?"

Boris goes off to access the damage to the Nova and do figure out what guns could be added to the Bad Wolf.

Boris introduces them to his female cousin Freya. 

Freya: "Boris has informed me that you have needs. Do you all have fitted environmental suits? Grav boots?"

The crew, "Nooooooooo."

They set about updating equipment and spending their new money.

Freya: "Are there any other specialty items that you need?"

Momo: "Night vision goggles."

Freya: "Well, we have pilots goggles, fighting goggles,…"

Momo: "Why are there so many choices?!"

The crew goes shopping.

Momo sees a t-shirt with her photo on it and the caption "Fly like me".

Alfonso buys books.

The crew goes shopping.

Momo sees a t-shirt with her photo on it and the caption "Fly like me".

Alfonso buys books.

Idris goes shopping for a captian's jacket. She visits with a man with a rakish, moving mohawk who talks like a pirate. He shows her all kinds of outlandish, fabulous captains coats. "None of them, none of them, have blood already on them!"

For the record, and for clarity. 

The AWC is a corporation that makes weapons and gear. They are in league with the Avalon Alliance, and make most of their gear and ships. The Avalon Alliance was involved in a long battle (50+ years) with the Federation. 15 years ago a truce was reached, but there are still skirmishes with the Federation. This area of space is Alliance ruled, and is separated from the Federation Space by the neutral zone. Neither force is supposed to fly in that area, but both regularly violate this edict.

Ruby is trying to buy poison nail polish and lipstick. (This is the best idea since.. well.. it may be a new record.)

Ruby spends 1,000 credits to buy clear poison nail polish. 10 uses. 

The gun turret that has been added to the Bad Wolf, pops up on like on the Millennium Falcon's. They will need someone to act as gunner it does 1D8 damage to other ships. To people it would be 10-80 points damage. It fires energy pulses, so it requires no ammo.

On the news: the crew has been on the vid as a heroic merchant crew rescuing mining shuttle with engine damage. There are also reports of a mining crew being killed as they walked home. Sales for Momo's video games have topped new sales. 

Ruby, Roxanne, and Alfonso can be seen on the vid.

The ships are fixed and ready to go. Idris has her new coat. The episode ends!

• 3 months later...

More Zany Adventures….

The intrepid crew is back on Avalon. Their ship is almost ready to go. There is a lot of unrest. The White Coats have been unable to settle the unrest in the sector. Firefights are daily.

Rumor has it that the unrest all goes back to when that radio tower fell. The people behind that are still unknown, but their are rumors of a possible gang war. Prices have gone up 25%, as result.

Fingers has arranged a job for the crew, if he wants. Willem Broadsword has a problem. All of his security guards have died horribly and violently. People are sabotaging his plant, and his workers won't come to work. He wants to close down his plant and refit it, but he needs someone to guard his plant for a week or two while the work is done. The plant is deep in the Dell (26 levels below surface). Percival Works (his plant) make heating and cooling products. They are so well made they can be used in space ships, as well as on planet. They can also be used in weapons.

He wants to take the group out to dinner to talk about the job. This gig would get them in the with small business alliance.

Roxy finds out that Willem Broadsword is distantly related to a founder of the system. He strives to make a product that is really quality. He has several small estates and is worth billions of credits.

The Griffin's Talon (the restaurant for the business dinner) is a quality restaurant. Boris tells them they need to dress well. "No grenades. No battering rams. No big guns. Dress nicely." 

Roxy: "I can wear my frilly dress!"

Alfonso decides he doesn't want to go to the business dinner "Something bad will happen if I go." He's going to stay home and read his books. 

Idris, Ruby, and Momo go shopping for nicer clothes to wear. Roxy (since she has her dress) stays home to read her chainsaw book.

The shoppers make it to an avenue of fancy dress in the the Reeds.

Idris asks for a waistcoat and a pair of trousers, dark blue. Ruby finds "Talonware" which is dark velvets and sparklies on top, but she only has 68 credits. (Insert side conversation about the pros and cons of stealing something.) 

Then a flying holographic fish swims up to Ruby and says, "You should follow me! Great deals around the corner. Sale. Sale. Sale." 

Ruby: "If it's an advertisement, then it won't hurt me." she follows it. She follows it around a corner, and into a store front. When she steps inside, the doors slam shut.

Peanut gallery: 

Momo: I have a bad feeling about this.

Roxy: You have a bad feeling about everything. We're always almost going to die.

Ruby is now inside a clothes shop. There are lights and bobbles inside. An old man inside named 

Malakai, with strange facial hair, "Come come, we have good things!" 

"You are you, but you are really old."

"Beware Mr Sniffles! He takes pretty girls away. Don't follow strange fish!"

"Do you have things to buy or sell?

Ruby: Sell.

Malakai: Good, I have things to take! You are young, but NOT! I know these things!

Ruby hands him a magic crystal (memory crystal). He finds one he likes and buys it for 50 credits. Then she sells him some music crystals.

Malakai: "Do you want to buy a floating fish? You can have this one, here's the remote control. 

Look, there is the back of your head."

Ruby: "Who are you? Like, what's your problem?"

Malakai: "I am from Ares 4. It's hot. I hate it. You are wanted!"

Ruby: "What do you do?"

Malakai: "I sell things. You are worth 10,000 credits. Your friend with the gun is worth 100,000 credits. Sure you don't want a flying fish?"

She hands him an information crystal. He offers 100 credits for it. 

Malakai: "It's not very good."

Ruby: "Well, if it's not very good, I'll take it back."

Malakai: "You smell like flerm. I have a pretty dress. I stole one the other day. I would give it to you.. maybe.. For that information credit, I give you dress, 160 credits, and I don't set my fish on you."

Malakai opens a door, "Thank you. Good bye."

Behind the door she sees a fish.. It's not a fish. It's a shark floating in the air in the alley. Ruby watches it grab someone and start shaking them by the head. She turns and runs away.

Ruby is back on the public street. She needs to find her way to either the others or the ship. Since she's fairly sure she knows where she is, she doesn't use her Com to talk to the others.

Momo and Idris are still together shopping. They have no idea where Ruby has wandered off. 

Momo: "I only have 68 credits."

Shop person: "Well. You could buy a hankerchief for that. But I know a girl who works on projects, and she might be interested in working with someone with hair like yours." She calls her friend on the com. She will work with them, but they'll have to go to a bad part of town.

Idris and Ruby see three guys pulling a guy into an alley. The person being pulled is being beaten. As the girls walk by, one of the toughs spins and punches Idris in the face.

The guy who was being punched is thrown at Momo. Momo dodges the human projectile. The man falls over the edge of the street and falls, screaming from the walkway. 

The man who hit Idris pulls out electra knuckles. Idris shoots him, hits him, and he falls to the walkway. 

Another assailant runs off. The third starts firing his pulse pistol wildly.

The guy who was being punched is thrown at Momo. Momo dodges the human projectile. The man falls over the edge of the street and falls, screaming from the walkway. 

The man who hit Idris pulls out electra knuckles. Idris shoots him, hits him, and he falls to the walkway. 

Another assailant runs off. The third starts firing his pulse pistol wildly.

Momo gets hit by a stray shot. Idris grabs her and starts to run away, in the same direction as the fleeing guy. He falls in a puddle, and as they run past, Momo tries to hit him in the face. She misses, but he grabs her leg. She knocks him back, and follows the fleeing Idris. He launches a kick at her back, which connects. She almost falls, but regains her feet. He throws a handful of fifth which hits Momo in the back. She stops. She turns around and pulls out her bow and arrow.

The guy with the electra knuckles "She's gonna shoot you with a bow and arrow!" They both turn and run. She fires once and it flies wild. They are gone.

They reach a split in the walkway, they can go up or down. Momo now smells very bad. They head upward. Momo takes off her stinky cloak and rolls it up. No one wants to sell Momo anything while she's carrying a stinky cloak.

Idris: "Ruby, where are you?

Ruby: "Well I don't really know. But, I'm not that far away."

Idris: "Did you follow the flying fish?"

Ruby: "Well, it was okay. I got a mystery package."

Idris: "I told you not to follow fish!"

There's a gun in Ruby's back.  "Don't turn around."

Someone is going through Ruby's pockets. 

She tenses, and spins backward with her elbow. She connects with someone's jaw. She spins, stomps, and hits him in the groin. He drops his "gun" which is only a length of pipe. The guy behind her falls to the ground. A second guy, who had a stun stick, says "It was his idea" and runs away. The downed guy throws a handful of Ruby's stuff into the crowd. The crowd descends upon it. She pulls out her carbine, the crowd melts away.

A Whitecloak puts her arm on Ruby's shoulder, "Nicely done. But put the gun away."

The Whitecoat hands Ruby back her com. On it she can hear Idris calling her name.

Ruby "Idris, I'm fine. I've got to go."

Whitecoat: "Will you be pressing charges?"

Ruby: "Sure!"

Whitecoat: "Great come back to the station with me."

Ruby: "Oh, nevermind."

Ruby continues on her way, but she's completely turned around. She realizes that she's going the wrong way further into the warrens, when she sees two men on a motorbike. One guys says, to the other guy, "Hey, she's the girl who stole your bike!"

Biker 2: "She is! Kill HER!"

Ruby tries to buff.: "Oh, you must have me confused with someone else." and tries to walk off.

The two bikers look confused. 

Biker 1: "All I saw was flames."

Biker 2: "No. It's her, she looks like the girl in the game."

Ruby: "Oh, I get that all the time. I'll just leave."

Biker 1"No! toll! Give me 10 credits."

Ruby: "Here's 10 credits, plus a tip."

Biker 1 "Classy! We're out of here!"

Biker 2: "But she's the one!"

Biker 1: "Tough. You ain't got no bike."

They fly off. 

Idris calls Ruby.

Idris: "Where are you?!"

Ruby: "Oh, I'm totally fine now. I know where I am."

Idris: "But where are you?"

Ruby wanders into a better part of town. A dapper man comes up and says, "Are you lost? Are you looking for an abode?"

The dapper man calls her a cab. 

The cab comes, "Where you goin' miss?"

Ruby: "The Reeds."

Cabby: "Where in the Reeds?"

Ruby: "Red Level of where the spaceships are…" 

The Cabby manages to figure out where Ruby belongs and brings her to the Bad Wolf.

The gang is back together. Momo smells like feces. Ruby has a mystery package. Idris is trying to figure out what's in Ruby's package.

Inside the package is a black, silk dress from the Helanic States. It's short in the hem, but fits perfectly on Ruby. Idris scans the dress for strangeness or explosives. There are lots of mysterious circuitry in it. It gives a +2 to diplomacy, a +1 against blasters, and there's something else weird in the dress. It has a small camera built into the dress that wirelessly transmits. Idris tries to turn it off. She then tries to remove it from the dress.

The camera pops off of the dress and burrows into her skin. It begins to burrow up her arm, under her skin. It doesn't hurt. Idris tries to sonic it. She sonics it, and it pops out of her skin into the air. It then begins to buzz and flies through the Bad Wolf like a bee. Idris chases off after it. She finally hits it with her sonic, and it falls to the ground. She tries to stomp on it, but it's too fast. It starts running down the hallway toward the engine room. It falls down into the engine room.

Alfonso: "What's going on? Why are you in my engine room?"

Idris: "There was this thing in Ruby's dress. It's a little camera. And then it was in my hand, and it went up my arm. And now it's in your engine room. You have to help me find it!"

As she says this, she gesticulates and blood flies around the room.

Roxanne comes running up. 

Roxy: "What's going on?!"

Alfonso: "Let me use my scanner. Hey, I think I found it."

Something sharp cuts his thumb. He grabs his thumb, and it stops hurting. Then he can see something moving under his skin into the webbing of his hand. Idris sonics it. It pops out of the skin, and sits on his palm. Roxy, whips out her laser scalpel. The thing on Alfonso's palm is a tiny droid. Roxy cuts it in half.. along with part of Alfonso's hand. Blood goes everywhere. The droid explodes, sending shrapnel into Alfonso's hand. 

Roxy tends to Alfonso's hand and Idris's arms. Idris will be fine, Alfonso will have a sore little finger for a while.

Momo decides to stay at the Bad Wolf with Alfonso.

The next evening, Reese the driver picks them up in a small black, lush space ship. Ruby, in her tech dress, Idris in her new pantsuit and greatcoat, and Roxanne in her Fancy Dress go to the business dinner.

The restaurant is lovely and posh. Their host is elegant. The restaurant rotates, and there is a cone of silence around them, so there is privacy as they talk. There are levels in the dinning area. The bottom is more common, the higher levels are fashionable. They eat the "Standard Fare" which is a 500-600 credit per person.

Roger, Willem's brother, talks about his fondness of motorbikes. Willem likes fencing. The conversation is polite and general. 

Roxanne: "I enjoy dueling, as well."

Willem: "What school did you study in?"

Roxanne: "Well, I don't know. I just woke up and was good at it. I have no memory of the time before."

Willem: "Well, if you weren't wearing that fine dress, and I wasn't wearing this suit, we could go a few rounds."

Ruby: "I study weapons. Guns. All sorts."

Willem: "Oh, I see, you study weapons in your spare time? How unusual. "

Idris talks about her fondness for tech.

Willem: "Well that brings me to business. Our good friend Fingers recommends you to us. A company wishes to buy us out, but we don't want to sell. Our security people have mysteriously died. Garbage bins fall from ships, people fall off of walkways, mysterious fires… so we are shutting down production at the this time. We need to track down who is sabotaging us."

Ruby: "We'll do it."

Willem: "Hear the terms first. 5,000 credits for one week. 10,000 credits for two. We will provide food. It is a large complex with multiple doors and lots of areas. I was hoping you could start tomorrow morning first thing. If you would like parts, not cash, I would pay double. Please try not to blow up machinery. All of the processors are very important. So, do my terms sound good for you."

Idris: "They do!"

Roxy: "Maybe we should start with one week, and see if we get killed before staying on for the second week."

Willem: "We are looking at our workers to see if any of them would be to blame."

Roxy: "Can I bring my cat. My very large cat.. the size of a cougar."

Willem: "Ah, so like a large watch dog."

Roxy: "Except a cat."

He gives them 1,000 credits, a crystal with the building address, and they will start work at 6 am the next morning.

Meanwhile, Alfonso and Momo ponder robbing something while they are left alone….

Alfonso: "We should rob a hood. Ya. We should rob a bad person."

Momo: "What about that shop Ruby went to with the fish?"

Alfonso: "Okay. Where was that?"

Momo: "We want to go… in the causeways… over there, somewhere… until we see a fish."

The Causeways are busy. Businesses are open. People are calling "Rare Tech!"

Alfonso: "Hey lets look at rare tech!"

They find an emporium that goes up and over the causeway. There's lots of creepy tech stuff. Like weapons that are build into your body. Eye implants that let you see in the dark without goggles. 

Momo: "How do you want to do this?"

Alfonso: "I don't know."

A very large man comes up to them. "You're going to steal in here. We can hear you. Get out!"

Momo: "Sorry." and they leave. 

Back outside, Momo sees someone sets down a backpack in front of a storefront. He runs away and jumps over the causeway. 

BOOM! The bag explodes. 

Alfonso is launched into the air. He wakes up to noise and to a burnt face. Momo can't see Alfonso. Bodies are everywhere. The big guy who just escorted them from the store is stunned and has lost his eyebrows.

Momo: "Alfonso, where you are?"

Alfonso has been blown up on top of the store.

The big guy: "Store closed." and he shuts the door. Momo pulls Alfonso down, and tries to catch him. She misses him, and he hits the ground with a snapping thud. Momo picks up Alfonso and attempts to run away with him. Sirens are heading this way. Momo gets him to some Avalon corporation people who help them get to the ship. 

Momo gets him to the med center and starts trying to apply antibiotics and meds. She opens a med pac and injects it into him. She's pretty sure his ankle is going to the right direction now. His facial burns look pretty good too.. sort of. She gets him into a cryo-tube and thinks she's turned it on right. Momo feels great. This has been a great adventure. She realizes maybe she needs antibiotics on her face. Her face feels kind of burn-y. Is this a good thing? She's not sure.

Reese says, "We'll be taking a long way back. There's been an explosion. I'm glad your companions stayed in tonight. Shall I pick you up at 5:30 am tomorrow?" He leaves.

Everything is great, until Ruby smells the distinct smell of burnt flesh. 

Ruby thinks something is wrong.

Idris knows something is wrong in the ship, but she doesn't know what.

Roxy has wandered into the med room. Momo has passed out on the floor with antibiotic lotion on her face. Half of her hair is burnt off. 

Alfonso is in the cryo-tube. His ankle is set wrong. It will need to be broken and reset. 

Roxanne: "Someone needs to sleep tonight! Go to sleep. I"ll take care of them."

Side conversation:

Eli: I'm sleeping.

Char: No, you're dead.

Eli: No, I'm breathing.

Char: Argh!

Eli: Is this like when the spacewhale exploded?

Char: This is so, so much worse.

Roxy puts nanobots in Momo. She scans Alfonso. He has three broken ribs, his right lung has collapsed, concussion, nano particles are in his skull, arm is broken, both legs are broken, and his ankle is set wrong. He has massive burns. Amazingly, the knowledge he lost last time he had a brain injury, has returned to him. He remembers how to do the robotics that he'd lost. The nanites in his skull aren't from the bomb. They are from the nanobot Roxy cut in his hand. 

Roxy tries and fails to move Momo into the cryo tube by herself. She wakes up Idris to help. Idris helps to move Momo into the tube. The nanobots get moved into Alfonso. With Momo in stasis, she works on Alfonso. His lungs are both working now. He still has a concussion. His ankle is fixed; it faces the right direction now. He will need to rest for a while. 

Momo is much better. She looks like she has a bad sunburn. And she now has a new hairdo, with random burns. 

Momo: Can I just shave my head

Ruby: It might not grown back in the burnt places.

Ruby's alarm goes off at 5:15 am, she around all her gear she'll need. Idris is gathering her gear as well.

Roxy: Should I really leave Alfonso alone in the cryotube?

Momo: I'll stay with him!

Roxy: You are never staying alone with him again!

Alfonso is dreaming of fire, and floating. He can hear robot voices. "You should go back to being a tech level one." He is mocked by his robo-cat.

Roxanne realizes that she can't find the invader nanobots. They may have joined with the healing nanobots. Roxanne recalls the nanobots.  They reluctantly leave Alfonso. When they leave, the weird robot voices leave.

Reese is there to get them. 

Idris, Momo, Ruby, and Roxanne all leave with Reese the Driver to go to the plant. Reese has scones, hot coffee, and citrus from the grove. 

Reese: "Busy evening? It looks like you've been preparing all night. There are full showering facilities, but only couches for sleeping."

Alfonso is in the cryotube healing.

Reese deposits them at sub-level 26. There is a fire escape, a large lift, hallways, air vents, and a small lift. They enter at the mainfront doors on this level. There are salesrooms, a shopping area, an order processing room, a large iron vault (not allowed in the vault), a power room with reinforced walls, and a giant crane.

On the floor above is Willem's office, Roger's office, conference rooms, halls, a catwalk, bathrooms, locker rooms, and janitor's office.

The level below is a massive basement. There's two emergency escapes, back-up powerplant, security rooms, back up servers, storage, main power plant, access to rail line, lifts, and huge machines that take up multiple floors with catwalks between levels. There are huge bins of raw materials.

Roxanne sets up her comm to alert her if anything changes with Alfonso's condition back at the ship. Roxanne settles down to rest on the upper level.

Idris, Ruby and Momo figure out where the dark spots out, which cameras work, and where the weak places are. Idris sets herself up in the basement security office.

Ruby settles down in the salesman wing, on a walkway up above the order room, and looks over the main production room. She's on the second level. She proceeds to lay out her guns and to get settled.

Idris's alarms go off. Two men in city tech uniforms with tools are examining the exterior of the building. Idris watches them. They leave by 5 pm.

Roxanne wakes up and starts to cook some food. 

Roxanne also checks remotely on Alfonso's vitals, and finds that he appears to still have nanobots inside of him.. even though she had taken all of her bots out of him. Slight Roxy freak out happens, but there's not a lot she can do.

They change positions for their next round of watch.

There's a random drunk guy outside the compound. Ruby goes out and tries to talk him into going somewhere else to pee. He is looking for his friend Stinky Pete.

Midnight, Roxanne checks again remotely on Alphonso. He's doing great, but still appears to have nanites in him.

2 AM a train of haulers go by the facility. Idris takes a nap. Roxanne takes over Idris's spot. 

3 AM someone with tools appears in the exterior hall. He has a flashlight. He's examining things, and then leaves. 30 minutes later he comes back with a ladder, and starts to unscrew the vid screen to the camera. 

Ruby: "What are you doing?"

guy: "I'm ah-ah a city employee. My ID is in my other pants."

Ruby: "Get down from there!"

guy: "Ah.. you have a big gun. I'm with with.. the .. ah city… RUN!" 

He tries to flee and Ruby shoots him twice. He falls down. 

guy: "Shooting is wrong! Why are you shooting me? Ah! Ah! Thieves!" he starts yelling in his com. 

Roxy runs out and gives him a knock out drop. He's unconscious. 

Ruby picks up the guy's com. "Um, everything is okay here."

COM: "Lenny, is everything okay? You getting good stuff?"

Ruby: "Ah, it's all fine."

They carry Lenny inside, he has multiple ID's, and stolen goods. He also has lots of stuff for thieving.

Lenny is now tied up in the employee area with Idris on guard. 

Included in Lenny's gear are stolen credit chips. Idris transfer's Ruby's photo onto them. Idris tries to hack his tablet. She breaks through his password, and sees three goons staring out from the tablet.

goons: Who's that? That's not Lenny!

Idris turns off the camera on the tablet.

Goons: "Hey Lenny! Whatcha doin'? Who's that goyl?"

Ruby: "So, um, remind me.."

Goons:"Remind you of what? Whatcha been doin'? You been takin' stims again?"

Ruby: "Arghh… umm.. "

Goons: "We'll be over in 30 minutes."

"Lenny, you've been fired." appears on the tablet. 

So ends the evening!

• 3 months later...

Prequel:

Our intrepid adventurers are once again doing their best not to die in space. This adventure is a mini adventure that happened in the past. (This is because two of the players are home, grounded.) Roxanne Sockes, Idris, and Alfonso Moonbraid, have woken in a hallway. They've been drugged, and have no idea where they are or how they got there. Idris knows that they were captured and can remember being injected with something. The three crew members are not on the Bad Wolf. There is 10% less gravity than normal. The ship has the slightly off kilter feel, as if it is slowly spinning through space. Warning lights are flashing. Sirens are sounding. Smoke is in the hallway.

The doors at the ends of this corridor are locked. Idris finds an access panel in the wall. She opens it, to find a ladder that goes up and down. The smoke in the hallway is drawn upward. A warning begins to repeat about oxygen levels being at 90%.

The crew begins to climb the ladder downward. They find another access panel. When it is opened, they find a corridor with a dead crew member. The woman has been shot several times with a blaster. She is very dead. She has engineer equipment on her, as well as her access card.

Idris tries the card on the nearest door. "Sorry Molly, you don't have access to this room." The computer voice continues to tell her that the ship is on fire, and is spinning through space toward a small sun. Idris finds out which floor the escape pods are on. Beyond Molly's body, is a stairway that goes up and down. Idris continues to try the card on other doorways. She finds a chamber with water and someones belongings. She washes out her mouth and drinks some water. It is sparkling water.

The adventurers begin to look up and down the stairs, when Alfonso is shot in the back.

A member of the Blacksun crew has shot Alfonso. The man's arm doesn't move, and he is bleeding from his face. Roxanne tries to attack the man, he shoots her. Idris has ducked back into the room with the water. She grabs a shovel from behind the door and hits the man with the phaser. Roxanne grabs his gun as he falls. He is bleeding from the ears, and has lots of previous wounds.

They loot the guy. He's not quite dead, but they aren't sure if they can help him with their limited supplies .

Alfonso opens another door in the hallway, this was the cockpit area. Flames leap toward Alfonso. He takes three points of damage. Flames begin to spread out of the door.

Roxanne tries to pull Alfonso away. Idris realizes the door needs to be shut. She runs forward to hit the button which controls the door with her shovel. The door closes. Roxanne has some flame damage. The fire is now contained in the cockpit. Idris offers up sparkling water to Roxanne and Alfonso.

They are on Level one of the ship. There is a lifepod at level zero. They decide to try going down the stairs. Roxanne wants to check the body of the Blacksun guy.

The group drags the body out of the way, and heads down the stairs.

There are landings, and more stairways. Boxes are piled about. There is water and fire suppression foam sprayed in different areas.

The ceiling in certain areas is beginning to glow red.

They can see where the nose of the ship would be, under the cockpit. The group decides to open some boxes that are under the glowing areas. (This may be a questionable decision, but who am I to say.)

The box contains rows upon rows of data crystals. Roxanne and Alfonso begin to try and figure out if the data crystals are empty or if they have information on them. Idris looks for the escape pod that is supposed to be on this level.

The data crystal they choose at random is full of a man's personal information. His date of birth, schooling, family, etc. 

Idris opens a box that is not under the glowing ceiling. It is filled with electronics. They are power regulators.

Idris opens the box inside the first box. There's a cryo-tube inside with a person inside. There's a band on their forehead with flashing lights. Idris shuts the box.

Roxanne: What was in the box.

Idris: Nothing.

Roxanne: What was in the box?

Idris: Packing peanuts.

Roxanne: I want to see.

Idris jumps on the box and sits on it.

Alfonso goes over to open a box that is under an area that is dripping burning ceiling bits. There is a cryo tube with a 15 year old girl in it. Given size of the boxes, they guess that there must be 8 people in cryo tubes. Roxanne sees that the bands on their foreheads will put them in an artificial coma state. 

Idris: Don't wake them up!

Roxanne: I want to open one!

Idris: Oxygen is at 85%. They will breath our air!

Roxanne and Alfonso both try to open boxes, but can't. Roxanne realizes that the boxes are designed to be able to survive being in space. "We could push them out into space and collect them later!"

Idris: NO!

They go back up to a catwalk and move along the catwalk to another door.

They find the Blacksun guy, crawling along the catwalk. Idris hits him with her shovel. 

Alfonso: "You just killed a guy with a shovel!"

Idris opens the next door with Molly's passkey. They find a long table inside with boxes along the door. The boxes contain plates, napkins, silverwear, etc. There is another door on the other side.

I think Idris's point about pushing the boxes out is that they don't have access to an airlock.

In the door on the far side of the dining room, and they find another body in a Blacksun outift. They have a scanner and com, and other gear. Idris strips the body and starts to listen to their com. She can hear an auto distress call. "Blacksun ship Ignatius, we are under attack."

There are more stairs going up. They go up and find two doors.

The door straight ahead leads to a pod. It is not, however an escape pod. It is a radiation protection pod. They are near the engine room. Alfonso starts examining the engines. The engines are working a different levels which is why they are spinning and heading toward a sun. Alfonso rolls a 31 on a twenty sided dice. All engines are stabilized. Looking at the ratings, they have an hour left before the fire destroys the engines. In an hour either the ship will go dead or the ship will explode.

Discussion about why space ships don't have "You are here! and life pods are here" charts posted on all the walls.

Roxanne finds an access panel with a ladder downward. Alfonso and Idris follows here. There are three sets of wiring in this passage.

One part goes to the engine, one to the controls, one to something else. They go down a level. Idris finds the next access port outward. They open it and find themselves in a small corridor with access ports, wiring, tubes. They open the next port door and find the engine room proper. One of the engines is smoldering. There are two dead dudes, and a third dead dude in a different uniform.

Idris checks out the first body. With the grease stains on the first two bodies they are engineers. The door to the engine room has been blown off its hinges. The engineers were killed them the thermite blew the door. One of the engineers has a colt 45 pistol with one remaining bullet. The differently dressed guy is a covert agent for the federation. He has blast armor, grenades, blasters, and gauntlets. One of the gauntlets has a but that will launch a kabar dagger out of it.

Alfonso strips the agent of him body armor and gear. Idris searches the an engineer and finds a scan card, which will hopefully help them get into more secure places. The two engineers killed the agent.

Roxanne goes through the blasted door and finds a gang plank with another body.

Idris follows Roxanne through the door. She is distracted by flashing plates on the engine. She pauses to look at them. The panels have little bundles next to them. The panel is counting down… in 32 minutes the engines are wired to explode. Idris tries to tell Alfonso about the explosives. He's hard to pull away from the engines. She tires to tell Roxanne about it, who says, "32 minutes? Good. I'm looting this body first."

"Explosives. Counting. Down." Says Idris.

Alfonso moves to looks at the explosives. Roxanne moves down the gangplank into the rear cargo hold. Idris heads over to look at a door out of the hold. Roxanne looks at another door out.

Alfonso looks at the explosives. The plates are magnetically activated. If not attached to metal, it will explode within a minute. If the timer is tampered with without being removed from the engine, it will explode. Alfonso pulls off the first booby trap. He could now remove the explosive.

Idris finds a computer panel to access. Oxygen is 87%. Gravity 92%. Fire suppression is failing. Explosives are detected in 4 places on the ship. Two of the 4 escape pods are gone.

She thinks there is one lower pod remaining and the other will be up above, somewhere.

Each pod can hold 6 people. She checks again for the pod on this level. It reads as gone. She continues to check. There is a virus in the system. The virus is fighting against the fire suppression systems and life support systems. It's this virus that makes finding a life pod difficult. Idris decides to fight some viruses.

Roxanne tries unsuccessfully to open a crate.

Alfonso triest to take the plate off the second explosive. He is barely successful, in getting the booby trap off. Then he gets the second explosive off the engine.

Idris tries to fight the computer virus. She's unsuccessful, but is able to figure out where the main computer room is. She heads to that.

In the main computer room, she finds blood trails.

Alfonso tries to remove the last explosive from the engine.. He's successful! There are no more explosives on the engine, but there may be another one somewhere else in the ship.

Idris come back with Roxanne to get Alfonso. Idris and Roxanne realize someone might be hiding behind the engines. Roxanne investigates by climbing on the catwalk that runs above the back of the engines. She finds a blood trail that leads away.

Idris and Alfonso join Roxanne on the catwalk. They follow the blood trail to a port behind the engines. This is another one of the access tunnels. Roxanne opens it to find a ladder that goes up.

She can see someone climbing up above her. Blood drops on her forehead. Roxanne starts to clamber up the ladder behind them.

t's a ship crew member. As Roxanne gains on them, they reach into their pocket and pull out a spanner. They drop the spanner on Roxanne's head. She has one hit point left. The crew member has opened a short arched pathway. It is too low to stand upright. The crew member is running bent over. Idris follows Roxanne up, but dodges the spanner. Alfonso is slowly following on the ladder. The spanner also misses him. Roxanne has entered the low passage and is running, bent over, after them.

The crew member opens a door. Roxanne chases. The door is opening. The crew member is trying to close the door. Roxanne realizes this is a life pod. She tries to keep the door from being able to close. The crew member stabs her in the chest with a screwdriver. Roxanne falls.

Idris runs up, jumps over the fallen Roxanne and dives into the pod. The terrified crew member punches Idris. Idris punches back. Alfonso arrives and tries to jamb his spanner in the door to keep it open. The spanner is bending.

Alfonso climbs into the pod. The spanner holds the door open. Idris strikes the crew member with her mighty shovel. Alfonso is reaching back out to pull Roxanne into the pod.

Idris is punched by the crew member, and the crew member grabs the shovel from Idris. Alfonso pulls Roxanne in as the spanner starts to fail. Idris shoots the crew member with the colt 45 she grabbed earlier from the engineer.

The crew member is dead. Roxanne, Idris, and Alfonso are all in the pod.

A debate ensues about if Idris should heal Roxanne or if she should pilot. Alfonso is known for both his inability to heal (bad things have happened) and piloting (things have crashed).

Idris goes to heal Roxanne. Alfonso launches the escape pod. It takes him two minutes to launch the pod. Idris brings Roxanne back to life, but the screwdriver is sticking out of her chest. The skin has healed around the blade of the screwdriver. Roxanne is very dizzy, but feels good all things considering.

The crew member is not actually dead, but she has been shot in the chest. Roxanne is debating on whether to use the other med pack on herself to get the screwdriver out or to heal the crew member. A warning message is heard in the pod. "Life support is 99% and falling. Projectile has damaged the pod."

They check the crew member. Idris's bullet went through the crew member and damaged the pod. The Bad Wolf is 1400 km away. The computer virus is in the Pod's system, but the system is 17% corrupted. Idris needs to clean the virus out of the pod, before they can dock at the Bad Wolf. Alfonso patches the bullet hole in the pod. Idris gets the virus out, but has only minimum control of the pod. She starts to slowly pilot the pod toward the Bad Wolf.

They also don't know if anyone is on the Bad Wolf. The last they remember they were at a refueling station. Idris's attempts to pilot the pod sends the pod toward the small sun nearby. Alfonso tries to help.

Roxanne decides to try to operate on herself to remove the screwdriver. She doesn't think she sees double anymore. Roxanne decides she'd be a great pilot, and heads toward the controls. Idris gently makes Roxanne sit down. Alfonso turns the pod around, and has the pod moving toward the Bad Wolf. 

Roxanne says, "I could do this!"

Idris tries to line up the pod to dock. She collides with the Bad Wolf.

Roxanne, "Can I try?"

Idris knocks off the side communication relays and a Cry Baby off of the Bad Wolf.

Idris tries to communicate with Pilot Pilot. Roxanne, jumps in and grabs the controls. She bounces the pod off the side of the Bad Wolf.

The upper airlock on the Bad Wolf has now been damaged, and must be repaired in a space dock. The pod has 3 minutes of air left. Alfonso knocks out Roxanne with the shovel.

Alfonso and Idris try for the lower airlock. The pod's stabilizer is clipped off, and it begins to spin. The pod rotates back toward the sun, before going back to the Bad Wolf again. The pod is lined up. Pilot Pilot contacts the ship. 

Pilot Pilot "Your ship is in poor condition. I do not give you good prognosis." 

Pilot Pilot opens the door and the pod docks. A sound like a tin can crumpling begins. Alfonso jumps out into the ship. Idris goes to follow, and grabs Roxanne and pulls her out, just before the pod implodes.

Pilot Pilot has been recording what has been sent out on the news sources while the crew has been missing. News vids were created that showed Alfonso, Roxanne, and Idris storming a ship that was carrying sick orphans in cryo-tubes. They were set up to be scapegoats for whoever really destroyed the crew of the Ignatius. The Bad Wolf and her crew head toward to the Avalon system. (Which is where they meet Momo and Ruby, and where they currently are.) Thus ends the prequel.

• 3 months later...

Space Gaming.. in 10, 9, 8….

Tonight we have Roxanne Sockes, Alfonso Moonbraid, and Idris ready to go.

Alfonso has finally healed from his hideous injures from being blown up by a bomb and then dropped off a roof by Ruby. They are in New Scotia. Which is across the "Firth" (Which is an area with random magnetic waves that can cause ships to founder.) They are being employed by Fingers to drop off food and supplies to mining colonies. Ruby and Momo are off with Fingers at a conference of like-minded "businessmen".

The mining colonies are freezing cold. (There is now a debate about proper temperature measurements.) The planets are too cold for plant life, but do have protozia. This means they have to go through an isolation period to make sure they haven't been infected with any diseases while they were in the mining colony.

While they wait out their isolation, Idris is checking out the computer systems, Alfonso is checking on the engines, and Roxanne is organizing the infirmary.

On their way back, they hear about a collection of mechanical parts in a storage locker. Alfonso bought this collection of robotic parts and life support systems, random meds, etc from a guy who could no longer afford the storage fees. The storage locker is supposed to be 20' by 20'. It is supposed to be deep under Port Fife. Port Fife is the largest port in the northern area of New Scotia.

(I bought a storage locker from a random guy in space. This is totally going to be awesome!) \

There is no structure or real government in Port Fife. it's not a pirate haven, but there is no city wide police or defense network. Therefore a lot of people who want to be off the grid go there. it's a city that is mostly owned by corporations. There is a lot of off market sales.

Alfonso has his keycard, and is ready to go down to Storage Pod B, yellow 7. They go down a transport tube under the port. The entire area is dedicated to 150 storage units. The population in the complex is 3 people. They are deep in the understructure of the planet. It smells like burnt hair.

Visitors must bring their own light sources, since there is no communal lighting in the corridors. Alfonso finds the locker, inserts his key card, the card reader reads the card, and the display starts making weird symbols and noises. A telescoping sensor comes out of the door's locking system. It examines each of them and then waits. Alfonso says, "Open sesame." 

"You want open. Do not know sesame. Does not compute."

"Eh, open door?"

"Door open computes." The door opens, but not all the way. The building has shifted so that the door will not open all the way.

Behind the door is one foot of open space, and the rest of it appears to be filled with stacked cartons.

Alfonso pulls a carton off the top of the pile. When he touches the box, a whirring noise occurs… numbers begin to appear on the exterior of the box. 999, 998, 997. Alfonso uses his scanner. This carton has thermite in it. All of the cartons have thermite in them in this first layer of cartons.

Alfonso pulls out his "backpack of trap removal" to try and diffuse the counting down explosive.

He successfully disarms the first carton. Roxanne starts scanning the rest of the first layers of boxes. Alfonso removes the lid of the first box. Inside is rifles. The first carton is filled with unregistered rifles.

There are 20 rifles. Alfonso tries to remove the thermite from the first carton. He is successful.

dris takes down a smaller box and attempts to sonic the fuse. She disrupts the electrical charge and is able to pull the top off the box. She finds it full of empty energy cartridges for the rifles. These rifles shoot a high energy plasma that burns through armor.

There is a debate about how to transport the boxes to the Bad Wolf, and where on the ship they will put the illegal firearms. Can the contents of a 20' by 20' room fit under their beds? The cargo hold is mostly filled with ore from the mining colony. Then they remember that Momo and Ruby aren't with them. They decide to fill their rooms with boxes of illegal firearms.

Roxanne heads back to the Bad Wolf to get a gurney. Idris will use her sonic to turn off the boxes fuses. Alfonso will remove the thermite from the boxes.

Roxanne makes it back to the ship, and sees an old man. He's a grizzled veteran. "You look like you're needin' somethin'. I'm looking for work."

Rox: "Yes. I need a mule."

Old guy: "I've got an old mule, supplies, tools, and a boy. My grandson would help you."

Rox: "I don't need a boy. I need a mule."

Old guy: "Fifty credits. Leon Smits. If you try to leave with my Mule, it'll blow up."

Roxanne now has a mule. 

Idris is sonicing boxes. First box is defused. It has more cartridges, as do the next two. Alfonso removes the thermite from those first three boxes and starts to make a pile of thermite.

The following three boxes have rifles in them. Then they find the ammunition for the guns.

These boxes are definitely stolen, military grade weapons. Idris searches for trackers. And, there is a radio system with transmitting antenna in one of the boxes. Each box they have opened has a signal, which is being modified by the radio antenna.

As Roxanne is taking the mule down in the lift, a man joins her in the lift. He starts small talking Roxanne. He "happens" to be going to the same floor that Roxanne is going to.

He starts whistling an annoying tune. He smells like oil and grease. Roxanne casually bioscans him.

She utterly fails to be casual in her scanning. Her cat, Ninja, begins to yowell. The scanner begins making horrible noises. The man offers to fix it for her. She shoves it into her bag. The man looks at her again, and begins to make more small talk. The elevator stops at level 36. A message appear in the lift says that there is a brownout for the next ten levels. The man turns on his flashlight.

"Where are you from?"

Rox: "Everywhere."

him: "Hmmmm… Really."

Roxanne contemplates killing him.

He asks to see her advice, since they are going to be stuck in the lift for a while. He starts smoking chemical smoke sticks. 

Rox: "Please don't."

guy: "Why not?"

Rox: "I'm a medic. It's bad for all of us."

Guy: "Here take one. it's going to get stinky in here. It's pure oxygen."

He offers Rox a stick with a filter on one end. Roxanne refuses, and he puts them away.

Idris manages to get the coms to work. She contacts Roxanne, and learns that Roxanne is stuck in the lift. 

Idris "Anything funky going on?" 

Rox: "Ya. ya. stuck in an elevator."

Idris and Alfonso are working their way through boxes, defusing and moving them to isolate the antenna boxes. They find small tennis ball projectiles and a launching device. It swivels on a base and shoots the projectiles (Alfonso is smitten).

They finally make it into the space beyond the boxes. Everything is wired to a mule. A military mule. It has a cannon. There are also two bikes. One of them still has the military paint on it. The other one has been sandblasted off. The vehicles are 30-40 years old. They appear to have not been used.

Why were they left here? Who else might be looking for them? Why is it transmitting?

he military mule has two seats for crew in the back, plus a driver, and two passengers. It has a camera system with viewers. The battery to operate the system is completely dead.

The bikes' batteries are also dead.

Alfonso starts looking for buttons to push. The only thing operational on this is the com system and the antenna. The incoming com signal is really clear. There is a ticking noise.

Idris starts scanning. All of the boxes that haven't been disarmed are now ticking down.

Idris starts sonicing as fast as she can.

Roxanne is still stuck in the elevator, where the air is starting to stink like sweat socks. 

Guy: "They must have pulled the power from here to do something big."

Roxanne: "Why would they do that?"

Guy: "Bribes. Tell me one of your "Everywhere" stories."

Roxanne starts talking about her mountain lion sized cat.

Guy: "You know, if you stay down here long enough, you get lung crap and this.." He pulls down at the corner and green crystals come out of his eye. 

Roxanne: "Can I scan you? That's really interesting. I'm a doctor."

Guy: "You're a doctor? I've never seen a doctor with a chainsaw before."

Roxanne: "It doesn't really work. it's for show."

Guy: "I could fix it. Is that blood?"

Roxanne: "ahhh.. I don't know.. I got it second hand."

Guy: "Second hand? Is that chainsaw humor? You have great bedside manor."

Ninja comes up and starts licking the green crystal tears.

Roxanne scans him. He's 8% mechanical. He has glands on his neck that also shed the green crystals. The crystals are an adrenaline based excretion. He has lots of old wounds, burns, damages, etc. Then he starts talking about burrowing, little red spiders.

They only live in the south.

He pulls out an oxygen stick and inhales it.

He starts telling a story about having the best hand in poker. The guy he was playing accused him of cheating. Then a knife fight broke out. And he shows her his knife scar. "It got my lung."

Guy, "Got shot twice."

Rox: "Fun."

"The brown-out is now over."

Idris gets all of the boxes shut down, so the fuses are turned off, but none of the thermite is removed. The fuses are off, but not reset. The cab of the mule is airtight and Alfonso is getting hot.

The guy on the com inside in the mule says, "He should be dying. You bought a bad pass, did you not?"

The guy they bought the pass from stole it from the mystery man on the Com.

Alfonso notices that someone is aiming a weapon at Idris's back. 

Alfonso: IDRIS!

And Idris gets shot. In the back.

Alfonso sees a bright flash of light. Idris falls to the ground.

dris looks dead. Dead. Dead.

Roxanne gets off the lift, and cruises the mule down the hall. She sees a guy standing with a rifle standing guard. He turns to fire at Roxanne.

dris is laying on the ground. Roxanne is being shot at by people standing above her on a ramp. Ninja is running toward another ramp. Alfonso is trapped in a military mule.

Roxanne tries to rush around the corner and up the ramp.

The man with the rifle fires at Roxanne, but misses. 

Alfonso starts trying to rewire the mule so the power to the Com will open door. It will take a minute.

Second guy shoots the Roxanne's mule. She tries to park the mule. She gets out. (She doesn't want the borrowed mule to be shot anymore.) Ninja leaps up onto the mule.

Idris (who has been playing dead) pulls out her gun and slyly shoots the man who shot her. She misses and it hits the box next to him. One of them men shoots ninja. Ninja falls into the back of the mule, mowling. The meowing gets weaker and weaker. The guy that Idris shoots at goes back to back with the other guy and takes time to line up a shot on idris. Ninja is not dead… yet.

Roxanne tries to activate her chainsaw. It roars to life. She then charges forward toward the gunman who faces her. She gets halfway to him… Idris rolls behind the military mule.

The man facing Roxanne fire at her… he narrowly misses her. The man facing Idris pulls a pin and rolls something into the room with her.

Idris sonics the grenade… it will not go off.

Roxanne finishes her sprint and buries the chainsaw into his chest. She begins to cackle. Then she lops his head off. There is blood everywhere and the manic laughing of the doctor.

Roxanne finishes her sprint and buries the chainsaw into his chest. She begins to cackle. Then she lops his head off. There is blood everywhere and the manic laughing of the doctor.

Idris, the man facing her wheels around, sees Roxanne with the bloody chainsaw… and stumbles into it. More blood sprays the hall. The chainsaw is stuck in the second man's chest. She turns the saw off.

Roxanne continues to laugh madly.

Roxanne fails to make a composure roll. She drops to her knees laughing. Alfonso opens the door of the military mule. He sees Roxanne laughing madly in a mad, mess of blood. He sees Ninja's prone form.

Roxanne fails to make a composure roll. She drops to her knees laughing. Alfonso opens the door of the military mule. He sees Roxanne laughing madly in a mad, mess of blood. He sees Ninja's prone form.

Idris: "I think we should leave." 

Roxanne: "Soo… funny… We should leave."

Alfonso: "we should just take one or two guns."

Roxanne: "Nooooo then he will follow us forever."

They debate how to move Roxanne so she won't arouse suspicion. Still laughing, Roxanne uses her laser scalpel to cut the chainsaw out of the man's chest.

Alfonso pockets ammo and a gun. It's a really, really nice gun. Alfonso is trying to talk them into taking one of the bikes. He tries to drag the 600 pound hover bike to the borrowed mule.

Roxanne: "You can't have a hover bike."

They pile on the borrowed mule. They get down the hall, and then the explosions start. They are driving very fast.

Then a huge torrent of flame is coming down the hall. They are heading down the hall toward the man from the elevator. He throws himself down, so they don't hit him. The fireball is still advancing. 

"A brownout is now in this sector"

They are now by the lifts, which do not work. 

"Fire detected. Oxygen deprivation will last one hour."

Idris is scanning to try and find an alternate exit. There is an oxygen tube that she finds. They will need to use an explosive to blast open the tube to get past the fire shielding. They can hear the air being shut off.

There is bickering about who is going to tell them man who they rented the mule from that they've lost a mule.

They do not have the tools to get into the oxygen tube… if only they'd picked up the elevator guy, instead of leaving him for the fire….

dris tries to sonic the hatch open. She succeeds. It is completely black in the tube. They climb in. Roxanne tries to figure out how climb up a ladder with ninja. "I hold her with one hand. She weighs 90 pounds. I only need one hand to climb with.:"

Roxanne is trying to make a baby sling out of her bloody cloak to carry Ninja. They are all in the tube. Idris closes the fire door behind them.

They start to climb. Alfonso heads up, and slips. He is above Roxanne. He lands on her face. Alfonso fails to catch the ladder rung. Roxanne grabs Alfonso. Ninja decides not to bite either Roxanne or Alfonso. Alfonso fails again to climb successfully. Roxanne tries to control Ninja. Ninja tries to bite Alfonso. Alfonso makes the minimum roll to climb the ladder. Idris is climbing. She reaches the next level up. She opens the fire door on this upper level. The door opens halfway. Idris asks to borrow Alfonso's spanner to hold the door open. Alfonso hands the spanner up to Idris. She jams it into the door. Idris goes through the door to the ladder above. The tunnel keeps going up.

Alfonso hangs off the side of the ladder so Roxanne can climb past him. He wants to be last, so he can grab his spanner. Idris makes it to the next door/level. Roxanne is now dripping blood on Alfonso. Below him, Alfonso can hear someone moaning below them, on the level they entered on. Aflonso can't get the spanner out. Idris opens the next level.

Idris uses her utility tool to jam open the next door. It takes two tries. 

Alfonso gets his spanner out, but he doesn't think the door shuts. Idris makes it up to the next level. Alfonso now has to make higher climb checks because of the blood. He thinks he can hear moans and grunts below him. "Is anybody down here?"

Guy: Can you give me a hand? 

A: um, ya.

Guy: "It's so slippery.

A: It's all the blood.

Guy: Someone must really be hurt.

A: it was the chainsaw.

Guy: I saw a girl with a chainsaw earlier.

Roxanne starts to climb back down to help the elevator guy.  

Guy: "I got pretty burnt, but I think I got most of my clothes off."

Roxanne heals him up with medpacks so he can climb again. He's going to have permanent damage due to the fire.

Eventually all of them make it up to level 35. Here the power is working. The fan is on at this level. Idris needs light to see if she can find the exit access panel.

They have to climb down to the previous level to get out. They are able to get in a working lift. He sees Roxanne. "You're so hurt!" He pulls a loose bit of bone of her shirt. "That's a tooth!"

They bring Guy up out of lift. They start to walk to the ship. They pass people who are talking about the catastrophe on the lower levels. Guy is babbling about how brave Roxanne is. The people in the halls ask Roxanne for medical help. She asks to go take a sonic shower before she helps them. People start coming to the Bad Wolf looking for medical help. She helps a dozen people. (She rolls a natural 20 for healing, and gets 5 hero points). Woot!

She starts working on elevator boy. "Hey everywhere girl…" She does a good job healing him, but he will need a weeks to recover more. Because Roxanne heals so many people Old Leon forgives them for loosing the mule.

They get a mysterious message that they have 12 hours to leave from someone who sounds like the voice from the Com in the military mule. He tells them that if they come back to New Scotia they will be fired upon.

Elevator Guy's name is Rail. He has a crush on Roxanne. Railight Mcloud lurves Roxanne. He asks Idris to join the crew. He's good at fixing stuff and works cheap.

Idris turns him down, sort of kindly.

Roxanne thinks the adrenaline system saved Rail.

They fly away from New Scotia. Poor Rail is left on the planet.

Thus ends another adventure.

• 3 months later...

Space Gaming with our favorite crew!

The crew is doing routine transports of basic supplies to outposts.

he crew tonight consists of Idris (captain), Momo (pilot), Ruby (weapons expert), Alfonso Moonbraid (mechanic), and Roxanne Socks (doctor).

They are eight hours out on their transport. Aflonso hears an odd sound coming from the engines. The sound could be from something going into the engines, coming out of the engines, or something just close to them. The fuel line that feeds the engines isn't behaving properly. The engines are sputtering. He calls to Idris to come down from the cockpit to check out the fuel lines.

Momo can hear a funny fluttering to the engine noise. Momo is piloting the ship. She calls Alfonso on the coms.

Idris comes down to the engine room. Alfonso points out the faulty fuel line. It would be best to check it in space dock. Idris tells Momo that they need to find a place to dock to work on the engines. Momo can find nothing that is nearby.

Idris pulls up Google-map-in-space to look for a docking place. Antigone, a small space station, former military outpost, a prowler station that could dock a destroyer. Now it is run by Red Star Enterprise (part of Avalon). There are probably 40 people there with a any ships that are currently docked. It is 4 hours away.

As Idris checks her screens again, she notices a blib on the edge of her sensors of something, which slows down and falls off of her sensor range. Idris decides to head for Antigone, so they don't blow up and die.

Alfonso notices a thrumming noise in the engines now. He calls to Momo to slow down. The ship slows, and the engines buck a bit.

The shuttering noise continues, followed by a hissing and then a popping noise. Alfonso sees that they are now leaking fuel. He calls to Idris, who opts for stopping the engines and drifting in space. They are going to try and fix the leak on their own.

Roxanne notices a flashing light on Idris's control panel. It flashes and gets bigger.

"Momo what does that flashing mean?"  

Momo: "I don't know."

Roxanne remembers an old Earth video game where a flashing light like that that disappears meant that someone was stocking something else. Momo calls Ruby to alert her they might need a gunner. Ruby is taking a nap. Roxanne goes and wakes her up.

Ruby heads up to the gun turret to watch for potential enemies. 

Something is coming this way. It's 1 meter long, and several cm wide. It is moving at a slow speed, and would have been very hard to find if they weren't looking for it.

Ruby now has the gun turret warmed up, on her weapons scanner she can see there is a smart torpedo closing in on them. It will speed up and strike them if they start to move. Ruby shoots it.

Of course, Ruby doesn't know about the leaking fuel, and none of the people who do know about the leaking fuel don't know Ruby is in the gun turret.

The ship is rocked with flames and explosions. The crew is knocked about. Idris is struck in the head by a flying spanner. She is out cold. The gravity is at 85%. Oxygen is at 89%. The ship is listing toward a yellow sun.

Ruby shoots the torpedo again. She hits and destroys it. But, she also sees a small ship way in the distance.

Alfonso gets the ship's engine running again, so it is leaking less fuel. "Hey, Idris, the engines are working! Oh… " as he sees that Idris is unconscious. He calls Roxanne in to help her.

Roxanne brings Idris around. Idris's head hurts, but she's awake.

The engine is bucking, but working. Alfonso has to work constantly to keep them so. If they make it to Antigone, they will be on fumes. They've lost half of their fuel in 45 minutes.

Alfonso says that if he tries to do anything else they would have to stop the ship again, and the small ship that's following them would catch up with them.

They can scan Antigone, but the control system isn't working correctly. Their instruments are slightly off.

"Antigone station, how can we help you? Parts and services…"

Idris: "We are leaking fuel and have an emergency,"

"We can clear you to land in space A for your emergency landing."

Idris directs Momo to the landing zone.

There is one other ship docked currently, a mining hauler. The station is rudimentary. There are solar  charging cells set up in rows.

Momo inches the Bad Wolf into it's dock. After they land, they see 6 small pods launch out with flashing lights. It's a fire suppression team to clean up the leaking fuel.

Alfonso: "No one died too much!" 

The crew is now safely landed.  

"Hello Bad Wolf, would you please power down your gun turret."

Ruby: "What, oh? Um… sure.. "

"Thank you for closing down. We will need to close down the area above the landing zone for a day to clean up all the fuel you leaked."

Alfonso: "I'm going to go look for that part we need to fix the ship."

Roxanne heads out with Alfonso.

Before looking for the part though, Alfonso wants to find a computer system to see if his warrant has gone up in cost yet.

Roxanne and Alfonso go into the hanger. There are a series of bots working and a man named Paul Miner.

Paul: "Looks like you guys had a doozy on of a day. Isn't that the dickens."

Alfonso: "Ya, I hate that."

Paul: "That's a doozy."

Alfonso: "Ya.."

Paul: "Can I look at your ship?" 

Alfonso: "Let me check with my captain."

Idris: "Sure thing!"

Paul: "Oh, good."

Alfonso: "Do you have a place I can look for parts."

Paul: "Oh, yay, there's a whole parts area down below. We even had a whole ship left here for parts. We have a cantina, too!"

Alfonso: "Do you have cactus juice?"

Paul: "No! Does it have caffeine? Does it have alcohol in it? Does it make you feel good?"

Alfonso: "Um. It's the quenchiest!"

Paul wanders all over the ship. 

"Good news, only 1% contamination! We could fix that!"

Alfonso: "You'd need to talk to the captain about that."

Paul walks up to Roxanne. "Captain Idris!"

Roxanne: "Um. No. I'm not the captain. I'm the doctor."

"Oh, well now I know who to go to if I have a boo boo."

Paul walks on. Alfonso and Roxanne hurry off before Paul talks to them more.

Paul walks up to Ruby. "Hey Captain Idris!"

Ruby: "I'm not Captain Idris."

Paul, "That's a lot of guns you have there. My instrument here says they are really deadly. Oh, look and you have a warrant! You're wanted to 2,000 credits for illegally flying a mule."

Paul suddenly leans forward and kisses Ruby on the cheek.

Ruby blinks, and suddenly wants to take the crew to the cantina.

Ruby and Paul head in to talk to Idris. 

Ruby: "Let's go to the cantina."

Idris: "We need to fix the ship first."

Ruby: "Then we should go to the Cantina."

Paul: "Um… welcome to Antigone… I think.."

Idris: "Hello… "

Paul: "Am I supposed to be doing something? Fixing something on your ship."

Idris: "Um, our fuel system?"

Paul: oooh, you have a contamination. That's why I'm here. You need to leave the ship for two hours while I use my nannites to clean the ship. Man I hate that song.

Idris: "Song?"

Paul: "flerm. flerm is good. It's good it's very, very good.…. "

Ruby: "Lets go party in the cantina!"

Idris scans Paul and the nanites. Paul has some automated systems, but nothing suspicious. The nanites are federation issue and not notch. Idris agrees to have the ship purified with nanites.

Ruby continues to try and convince Momo and Idris to leave the ship together.

Roxanne and Alfonso find a computer system. Aflonso pirates his way into the computer system. He realizes that this terminal is not hooked up the interwebs. Alfonso continues to explore the computer systems. The entire station is not hooked up to the interwebs. The station is completely isolated. 

Alfonso: "Roxanne. This station is abandoned and cut off."

Momo is being assaulted by Ruby who is trying to force her boots on. Momo struggles. Ruby picks her up and jams her boots on. Then Ruby picks up Momo and begins to carry her off the ship. Idris goes to intercept Ruby. Ruby runs away with Momo down the ramp. Ruby is racing toward the buildings. She sees Alfonso and Roxanne. Momo draws her eating knife and tries to stab Ruby and Ruby disarms her.

Alfonso: "What's wrong with Momo?"

Ruby: "She needs Flerm!"

Idris gets Roxanne on the coms. "Stop Ruby! Something's wrong."

Roxanne tries to scan Ruby as Ruby bundles them into the elevator. Roxanne finds that Ruby has unidentified nanobites in her. Roxanne tries to get nanobites into Ruby. Ruby dodges. The elevator door opens onto the cantina. There are people in the cantina carrying trays of flerm. Momo dodges flerm. Roxanne gets injected with nanites. Alfonso is still in the elevator.

Alfonso watches as Roxanne releases all of her nanobites and starts to eating trays of flerm. He can see Momo dodging more and more flerm. People are calling out to him that he needs flerm. He hits elevator door close button. The doors won't close. They are stuck open.

He takes out his force carbine and shoots at Roxannes control box. He hits the flerm in front of Roxanne. Someone shouts out, "Don't shoot. That's not flermy! Violence is WRONG!"

Alfonso starts shoots at people.

Idris, still on the ship, is trying to figure out a way to lock out the controls. Momo still hasn't ingested any flerm, but she can see a waitress with a needles coming toward her. Alfonso shoots the waitress's hand.

Idris: "Hello? What's going on? I have a bad feeling."

Idris puts on her environmental suit, and heads out of her suit.

Momo tries to hit Ruby with her stun gauntlet. Instead, Ruby catches her hand and hits Momo with her own weapon. Alfonso continues to shoot.

Roxanne: "Violence is wrong. You just need more flerm. Alfonso needs flerm."

Momo continues to try and avoid flerm. Ruby is sitting on Momo, and pinching her nose shut. Momo is holding her breath. People are walking toward Alfonso with flerm. Alfonso gets out his concussion grenades.

He throws a concussion grenade. It bonks off of Roxanne's forehead and explodes in a shower of flerm. A shockwave radiates outward. Ruby is rocked out. Most of the room is knocked out. Momo tries to knock off Ruby, but isn't able to. Roxanne is out in her plate of flerm.

Momo continues to hold her breath. Alfonso dodges flerm water. The water thrower runs back to the bar to get more flerm water. Alfonso shoots Ruby with his force carbine. Ruby is knocked back and Momo scrambles up. Momo tries to run toward the elevator. Ruby gets up and charges toward Alfonso. Momo dodges behind Alfonso and starts punching elevator buttons. She pulls Alfonso back toward her. Ruby is trying to get in.

Idris has her suit on. She's walking toward the building in her environmental suit.

Ruby has grabbed Alfonso's gun and thrown it over her shoulder. Momo grabs Ruby's head in her stun glove and stuns her. Ruby stops. A silver tear comes out of her eye and sparks as it rolls down her face. The doors of the elevator shut.

Momo, Ruby, and Alfonso are in the elevator. The door is shut. The elevator asks what floor they want to go to. Momo throws her cloak on Ruby's head. Ruby pulls it off and says, "Stop being so annoying, and why are you covered with paste!"

dris is at the ground level entrance of the elevator. She calls on the coms.

Alfonso: "Ruby was insane but now she's better."

Momo: "All three of us are in the elevator. There was this gross flerm. We're all fine!"

Idris: "My crew has four people! Who's missing? What happened?"

Roxanne regains consciousness and finds people are cleaning her, and tending to her wounds. She feels good, and thinks that she should try and disable the landing locks so the Bad Wolf can't leave. "Hey we're going to climb up on the back of the ship and take it over. Do you want to come?"

Roxanne: "No. I'm going to lock the clamps."

"You need to go to the control room for that."

The elevator opens in front of Idris. 

"You guys are a mess! You need sonic showers! Wait, where's Roxanne?"

Paul: "Hey, there's another contamination in the water supply. Do you want me to fix that?"

Roxanne is in the control room. She sees that the station is being run by the cooks apprentice, a waitress, and another waitperson. There eyes glow. It's the coolest thing. She wants her eyes to glow. Roxanne starts to work on the computer system.

Idris, back on the Bad Wolf, hears a grinding noise as the locking system begins to grind into the ship. She tries to hack into the computer system.

Roxanne works more. Now Idris gets a message that the Bad Wolf owes $2,000,000 credits in fees and their ship is in impound.

Idris continues to try and hack the systems, but fails. Roxanne briefly controls the Bad Wolf's coms, but Idris locks her back out.

Roxanne, the Bad Wolf locked in place, goes back and eats more flerm. She starts studying the nanites. There are 2,000 nanites flying around the room. She starts collecting them and finds enough to infect two people. She realizes that the nanites have to be constantly replenished or they will be sweated or urinated out. Then she realizes that the crew from the little transport that is also docked is missing crew members. Not everyone is accounted for. She starts asking around. When asked questions, the people's eyes glow. One person begins to bleed from the ears, then they all fall down dead. The nanites causes a brain bleed.

People have started piling up boxes of flerm outside of the Bad Wolf. After they take over the ship, they plan on using the Bad Wolf to bring Flerm to the galaxy.

Ruby arms up, and goes out and talks to the flerm people.

Alfonso scans the flerm. Each serving of flerm will control two people. Momo grabs a can of flerm and a flerm candybar. she brings it into the medlab and puts it in a containment container. Alfonso and Ruby are dumping flerm out of the airlock into the space around the space station.

Roxanne turns on her com: "Hey, hey, Momo. How's the ship repair going?"

Momo: "Good. Good. Keep piling up the flerm outside."

Roxanne realizes she is part of a hive mind. There are other Flerm-ites who are sneaking into the Bad Wolf. One person is now hidden in a smuggling compartment.

Alfonso and Momo get into the elevator to try and find Roxanne. 

More flerm gets delivered outside of the Bad Wolf. 

"Here let us help you take off that suit so you can eat flerm!"

They start walking toward Idris, and they try to tear the enviro suit off of Idris. Idris starts calling for help. She gets out her gun. She fires her force carbine.

Two flermites grab Idris. She tries again to shoot a person that is holding her. They let go. Only one person is holding her. Another person grabs her. She shoots again, and misses.

Alfonso coms Roxanne. He tries to bluff that he wants to meet her for flerm.

Idris continues to struggle against the flermites. She shoots one of them with a pistol (bullet firing gun). That person still holds her, but is slowed in taking the suit off. Ruby has finally finished taking off her suit. She comes out of the Bad Wolf hatch with her guns.

Idris shoots another round hitting that flermite again. He is bleeding copiously. Ruby shoots another flermite. It is blown off of Idris. Ruby throws Momo's kitchen knife and hits another flermite in the eye. Silver runs down their face. They start screaming. Only two people are holding Idris. She knocks free. Idris's helmet is off, but she is free. Ruby shoots a third flermite, killing it. There is one active thermite left. He says,. "Have a flermy day!" and starts walking away.

Roxanne starts telling flermites how to disable parts of the ship. The waste system now will leak. Alfonso arrives at the control room for the space station, and tells Roxanne he's there to eat flerm with him. Roxanne walks over to Alfonso. Momo is hiding in the back of elevator. Alfonso hits Roxanne in the head with his spanner. Roxanne falls down with a head wound. She is out. The three other people in the control room say, "That's not the flermy way." and start walking toward Alfonso. Momo shoots an arrow from the back of the elevator and hits one of the flermites. He falls to the ground.

Momo shoots another flermite in the station control room and hits a second flermite. Only the waitress is left, she says, "You aren't being very nice… " her eyes start to bleed and she falls down.

Alfonso and Momo are left in the control room with an unconscious Roxanne. Momo pulls out one of Roxanne's medkits. Roxanne comes too, and shakes off the flerm effect. The medkit purges her system.

Roxanne says, "Oh, there are people on our ship, I think."

Alfonso, on his com: "Idris, I hit Roxanne with my spanner and now she's better. There might be people in the Bad Wolf."

Idris finds a flermite clipping wires in the Bad Wolf. Idris says, "Get off my ship!" He says, "Okay." and walks to another part of the ship. She shoots at him, misses, but he falls down anyway shaking and bleeding.

Ruby finds another flermite dumping tools on the ground, and chases her toward the engine room. Fire suppression gets turned on. Idris finds Paul Miner in the control room cleaning. He's complaining about the contagions on the ship.

Paul continues to clean the ship's system. Ruby continues to hunt down people on the ship. There is still one person unaccounted for.

All of the flermites are dead. Roxanne tells Idris that she locked the docking ring, and she needs to go an unlock it. Roxanne unlocks the docking ring.

"Warning. Self Destruct has been initiated. You have 15 minutes before the station self destructs."

Roxanne starts scanning for life forms to try and find the remaining flermites. Alfonso tries to figure out how to disable the self destruct.

There are two people in the cantina. Four in the warehouse. And three people are in the bargain area.

Alfonso starts hacking.

Idris removes the remainder of her enviro suit off. She heads to the bridge. Ruby heads to the warehouse to hunt the four flermites there.

The horrible flerm song is playing everywhere. The warehouse is full of boxes, but the lights are off. Ruby turns on the lights, and someone else turns them back off. "You should eat some flerm.. come talk to us.. we want to be your friends!"

Ruby: "Turn on some lights, and we'll eat flerm."

A light turns on in the office. "Come and meet us here." 

Ruby heads that way. Little dancing robots start moving in the office. Ruby continues to hunt in the warehouse.

Aflonso keeps trying to hack, unsuccessfully.

Momo and Roxanne head to the bargain stores. Roxanne opens the door, and sees a flermite trying to aim a firehose at her. She shoots at them. Momo also tries to shoot the person with her bow. Momo hits, Roxanne misses. One less Flermite.

Idris joins Alfonso in the control room to help the hacking.

Roxanne uses her bioscanner to track Flermites with Momo.

Ruby finds a Flermite, and shoots them. They roll away into the dark. She races around to try and engage them. She hits them again and kills them. Three are left in the warehouse.

Roxanne finds a locked access door with a person behind it. She tries to break in, and fails.

Idris and Alfonso hack unsuccessfully.

Roxanne starts hacking at the access door with a Zugg Axe, unsuccessfully.

Ruby spots another Flermite pushing the elevator button.

Idris and Alfonso have gained access to the system and have shut off the countdown clock. The other hackers try to turn it back on. They have successfully shut down the system. Now they are trying to take power away from the other hackers. Idris and Alfonso lock out the other hackers.

Momo, an access door opens next to her, and two people run out toward the elevator. Momo shoots and misses. She tries to run up to them. They escape. Roxanne misses them leaving due to the noise of her axe on the metal door. Momo alerts her. Momo and Roxanne run toward the elevator.

Idris and Alfonso control the space port now.

Roxanne and Momo ask Idris to lock the people in the elevator tube. Roxanne and Momo take access tubes to the surface. The plan is to go to the Maus (the transport), and to wait for the Flermites to come out so they can shoot them.

Aflonso and Idris guide Momo and Roxanne through the tubes to the front of the elevator doors. They also shut down the flerm adverts.

They turn the elevators on again. The doors open, Ruby, Momo, and Roxanne attack.

Chaos and violence ensue. All the flermites are dead.

Paul Miner finishes cleaning the contagion. Alfonso spends two days fixing the fuel system. They keep Paul from learning that everyone else is dead.

The crew of the Bad Wolf scheme. What will they do with Paul? How will they dispose of the station? What about the flerm they dumped out of the airlock?

The plan is to:

-loot the station.

-blow up the station.

-Take Paul and wipe his memory.

-Drop off Paul at the next planet and give him steaks for his trouble.

Idris checks the scanner, and realizes that the large mining ship is gone. And an large ship is slowing coming this way. It's a large alliance prowler. It is watching them from too far a distance to shoot.

There are four commandos on the Alliance Prowler. They are just watching the station and the Bad Wolf. 

Decisions, do you loot the station, or do you try to run for it?

They loot. They convince Paul to stay on the ship and help clean up the gore.

The warehouse is filled with enough flerm to feed a colony.

They take two mules. 25,000 credits of space ship parts. 4 storage containers of condensed energy units. (It's enough energy to run a small settlement). Idris grabs a pile of vid screens (giant TV screens), 40 of them. 4 blaster pistols that shoot a liquid plasma that disrupts on a molecular level with 100 rounds. (they are illegal.)

f they wanted to spend two days looting the Maus transit, they could strip it of its superior scanners. Meanwhile, the alliance ship is just floating above them. 

Paul starts talking about missing his friend Barry. Roxanne wipes Paul's memory. Then, Roxanne tries to inject Paul to make him sleep, so she can put him in a cryo-tube. Paul starts running, he runs off the ship. He doesn't know what is going on, because he can't remember anything, and he's now running around a space station filled with dead bodies and infected flerm. Ruby runs up, but he gets on a mule and tries to start it up. He can't start it. Ruby swings the butt of her gun to try and knock him out. Paul starts up the mule, and is going to try and ram Ruby. Ruby tries to jump on the mule, she slips, slides down the mule, and the mule hovers over her. She takes minor damage. Paul drives the mule toward the elevator. He's trying to get someone on the com to help him. Ruby gets up and moves toward the hallway that he ran down.

(Okay, there is now an argument about if Ruby should throw an explosive grenade after him, destroying the docking bay, and killing most of the Bad Wolf crew. They convince her not to.")

Paul disappears into the station. (Now there is an argument about whether or not they should blow the station with Paul onboard, or if they need to try and grab him.)

Momo gets on the com systems for the station:

"Sir, There are pirates. We are trying to help you. Please meet us in the warehouse." (Note Momo has -1 to bluff.)

Momo and Idris head toward the warehouse. They have med injectors to knock him out.

They wait and wait and wait and wait. 

Idris "Gosh, the pirates are awful. There's bodies everywhere." (She rolls a natural 20) 

Paul jumps out and says, "Thank goodness!" 

Paul comes over and hugs Idris, who jabs him with an injector in his neck. He goes limp. They take him on to the Bad Wolf and put him in a cryotube. Roxanne dumps the flerm that was in the med bay.

They finish looting the Maus of its sensors. Idris sets the timer for the station's self destruct for 25 minutes. They power up the Bad Wolf. And turn on the self destruct in the station.

The alliance ship is watching them fire up. It will know exactly how many lifeforms are on the space station. Momo lifts the Bad Wolf off. Idris know they are being scanned. She tries to scramble their sensors. The station explodes. They speed off.

While Idris is sleeping, Roxanne and Momo spot that there is vid on the interwebs of the crew flying into the station, the crew killing everyone on the station, and then flying away. There are new wanted banners for them. Alfonso has a million credit bounty. The video has been edited to make them look as bad as possible.

Thus ends another space gaming adventure… now they have to decide what their next move will be. Will they try to release counter vids? Will they just go rogue? Will they try to argue their innocence?