Path of Exile

I was under the impression you could craft higher level gems somehow.  I don't have any proof, just something I thought happened.  

I played D3 Wednesday for a bit on my Brother's computer.  It got me wanting to play, but my laptop won't run D3.  I have a helluva time getting it to run SC2 or WOW as it is.  So, I was bored, I decided to download PoE again last night.  Anyone ever play still?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of curious as to how someone hacked your account.  

So I lost my old account, created a new one, and I have a single level 32 Paladin right now.  Honestly, for myself, I really like the Gem Skill system.  My main Attack right now, I think of as "Wrath of God."  It's Firestorm junctioned with Added Lightning.  I am going to add an Increased Fire Damage to it, as well.  I tried getting it to Leech health for me, but that didn't function, so I have my Health Leeching gem Junctioned with a flaming hammer attack, currently.  

I just finished Act 2 on Normal difficulty, which is further than I got before.  I don't recall ever beating Act I, honestly.  I think the Ship Graveyard was where I stopped.

So if I equipped 2 Zombie gems, I could raise 6 Zombies?  3 from 'Q' and 3 from 'W' (or however I set it up).  That's cool, I didn't know that.  I was wondering what to do with my duplicates.  

Jeez, I just looked over the Currency system and Crafting system.  There really is so much about this game that I know nothing about.  

No, it doesn't work like that. I have 5 specters because I have Boots of Ullr that gives +1 specter, and 2 Midnight Bargain wands that also give +1 specter each, with the passive that gives +1 I have 5. Having 2 of the same gem I think it just chooses which is higher level or quality when you cast, if I remember right. They do both gain experience though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I knew the two gem thing was the case with like Glacial Hammer and the other melees gems, I hadn't thought about the Spell Gems really.  That much more impressive that you're getting 5.  

My Templar is lvl 50 now, working on Cruel Act 2.  Trying to figure out what I need to do about my Elemental Defenses before I get to Merciless, as I'm already having problems with Cold/Frozen, especially from those spectral dog looking things that have the ranged shot, or the Ice Mage Skelies.  I had my gear at +118% rare item find, but finally got tired of dying.  I went from almost level 50 to just barely level 49 fighting Marviel. -_-;