So, I've heard that this game is cheaper than 40k...

Pax, I like you, you are a nice guy so don't take this the wrong way.

This thread is inane. 

I play both games. I buy and trade models very extensively in each game. 

If you run a 40K Hordes army, you will spend more. If you run a 40K elite army, you will spend less.

If you run a large model count army in WM/H, you will pay more than an elite army in 40K, etc etc etc.

Both games, to me, are expensive becasue I am a student living on a single income, but EVERY honkin thing that is being said here about this or that is really merely a matter of personal opinion. You will not have a hard and fast objective rule that this game is more spendy than that game because everyone plays thier games differently, and expense is very relative to what it is you want in  your collection. You will not win in this thread. These are not the droids you are looking for. 

Thanks man.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Both games, to me, are expensive becasue I am a student living on a single income, but EVERY honkin thing that is being said here about this or that is really merely a matter of personal opinion. You will not have a hard and fast objective rule that this game is more spendy than that game because everyone plays thier games differently, and expense is very relative to what it is you want in  your collection. You will not win in this thread. These are not the droids you are looking for.

Win? I've been saying that both games are equally draining on income and I object to the smug attitude often displayed in warmahordes players when they try to convince people that one game is cheaper than the other. As for winning, my point, more or less, is just to make the warmahordes players aware of this unfounded smugness that many have, or at least become aware that others think it's unfounded. I, more or less, achieved what I set out to do.

Did I win? Have we every played 40k? I don't try to win, if the game didn't end, I'd doubt it even had a winner or loser. I just have fun playing 40k. Debates are similar. I start with an observation or comment. I hear others observations. I listen and try to express my point so they understand, while simultaneously trying to understand their point. With a debate, either we come to an impasse because neither can understand the other, or we agree (not always on a topic related to the original observation). I'm not sure I see it as a lose or win sort of thing. In a debate, I seek understanding, or at least understanding that I cannot understand. I suppose, if it devolves into an argument or into violence, then the debate is a loss.

-Pax

PS: My legion models are starting to look nice. I bought a legion battle group and a pack of stingers during the IRS sale at GG. Been painting them with black light reactive colors. Looking pretty awesome so far.

It was meant tounge in cheek (hence the Star Wars quote). Obviously I missed the mark. 

To be fair, there is a certain smugness involved in you trying to wipe away your percieved smugness in WM/H players. :P

We loves our toyses. We spends lottsa monies on 'em. 

Neither game is superior, and there are a$$hats on both sides of the field.