Ordo Fanaticus Warhammer Fantasy Open 2014 - Rules Pack

Sylvos

Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce the release of the official Rules Pack for the OFCC Fantasy Open 2014!

This OFCC 2014 event will take place Friday, September 26th at the Double Tree Hotel in Portland, Oregon during the OFCC 2014 event.

The OFCC Fantasy Open will be a 3 round, no composition event where players bring 3,000 pt armies and battle.

Interested parties may review the rules pack in the Downloads section.or find it here.

Any questions may be directed to me via PM.  Rules Pack 2014 for the Warhammer Fantasy Open will be updated once a month as needed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

As you may have read in another topic, the OFCC Fantasy Open will be taking part in the Pacific Northwest Tournament Circuit and be a qualifying event for the US Masters for Warhammer Fantasy.

I have received numerous questions concerning available slots for the event and when the event sign ups will be posted.  The event sign up and ticket sales will be announced soon, 

Also, one other thing - I have had questions concerning the "competitive" level of this event.  While this may be a "no comp" event, it is still an Ordo Fanaticus event and as we all know that means Sportsmanship and fun are the most important elements.  Those aspects, as in any Ordo Fanaticus event, will be strictly enforced.

I think however the most important detail that everyone is wondering is what they get for winning.  The winners will receive a Warhammer.  I know, that's bad ass.  I agree.  And yes, thank you - I am ridiculously good looking, I agree.

As OFCC 2014 draws closer, there will be various updates on this event on the Deployment Zone podcast, download and listen!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce the release of the official Rules Pack for the OFCC Fantasy Open 2014!

This OFCC 2014 event will take place Friday, September 26th at the Double Tree Hotel in Portland, Oregon during the OFCC 2014 event.

The OFCC Fantasy Open will be a 3 round, no composition event where players bring 3,000 pt armies and battle.

Interested parties may review the rules pack in the Downloads section.or find it here.

Any questions may be directed to me via PM.  Rules Pack 2014 for the Warhammer Fantasy Open will be updated once a month as needed.

It won't allow me access to the downloads section. Can you just the rules in a thread so this isn't an issue for others as well

• 3 weeks later...

In response to the queries I have received:

Yes, the Undead Legion rules for a combined Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings army are legal and viable for the OFCC open.

I will release an amendment to the Open rules to reflect Nagash hopefully by the beginning of next week (Sept 1).  This will include the 50% Lords limitation increase and the availability of Lore of Undeath (as well as other pertinent rules changes).

So, having seen the rules for the Undead Legion and the implications of having a 50% Lord allowance, I am withdrawing approval for the Undead Legion as it is a "Campaign" army and not an "official" Games Workshop army.  This differs from the Tamurkhan Chaos Dwarfs because GW came out and said that the Legion of Azgorth was a legal and official ruleset for Chaos Dwarfs.  The Nagash book seems to be a campaign option much like Storm of Chaos was.

I hate to flip flop on a ruling but with less than a month to the Open, but we don't need an added element of chaos to the mix.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Personally at my events I'm considering allowing it but enforcing it to conform to the regular percentages (i.e. 25% lord, 25% special, min 25% core, 50% special, 25% rare).  Will be interesting to see how other events deal with this supplement going forward.

IMO this is the way to go.  Not saying for this event, but for future ones once everybody is familiar with the book