Anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online?

Duckman

I played for a few months at go-live and eventually became disgusted that they were repeating all the same design and coding mistakes that had plagued MMOs for at least 15 years...  Failure to predict camping of open world bosses, balance issues, stability issues.

Recently a friend suggested that I get back into it and I am looking at that now.  Can't say I am a fan of their cash shop and the way they are handling such things but it is not enough to turn me off immediately.  I'm looking for anyone who is still playing so that I can get a state-of-the-game update and make sure I understand what the DLCs include (and whether or not I need them and at what levels) and make sure other things I remember from vanilla still apply.

• Like 1

Well I play ESO on my console and I have to say that I have been enjoying it. I don't know about the PC community, but the console side is pretty darn fun. But I can see why you would be annoyed with the game. Here is a tip: I really started enjoying the game more once I started looking at it as a Elder Scrolls game with the option to play with other people at times. But if you treat it like a regular MMO, and not a single player RPG plus, you are going to be a sad panda.

Are the three empires still separated?  The Aldmeri and Daggerfall still don't mix except in PvP in Cyrodil, etc.?

My main issues were silly things that had been understood for 15 years prior to the release of the game...  Open world bosses will be camped so figure out how to allow players to finish quests in the face of overwhelming numbers of farmers...  Instancing is cool, but explain to me how to join my friend's instance so we can play together please.  If you are going to make something require a specific interaction with a specific NPC then don't make that NPC griefable?  I think most of those issues have either been solved or just become less an issue with the age of the servers but I was wondering what else might have changed that I don't know about...  (Not new content, etc. but changes in core mechanics like the RvRvR stuff in Cyrodil for example or zones scaling to level which is another rumor I heard.)