New 40k edition

pretre

I wonder when they're going to really start moving beyond "2d" poses more. The detail is awesome, but the pose looks just like the ones from the 80s/early 90s, when they needed to get the Model done as a single piece of pewter. There have been a few exceptions (Kharne really stands out to me as one), but so many of their basic dude-sized new Models don't seem to be taking advantage of the newer tech for new poses, just for improved detail.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WestRider said:

I wonder when they're going to really start moving beyond "2d" poses more. The detail is awesome, but the pose looks just like the ones from the 80s/early 90s, when they needed to get the Model done as a single piece of pewter. There have been a few exceptions (Kharne really stands out to me as one), but so many of their basic dude-sized new Models don't seem to be taking advantage of the newer tech for new poses, just for improved detail.

Tldr: fukin lazy ass GW strikes again

Yeah I didn't want to poop at/on the party, but I have seen that pose used time and time again. I wouldn't call it laziness, given that it is detailed etc., but it isn't particularly inspiring.

That back banner doodad, however, would be perfect for a crozius arcanum in a chaplain conversion. So that's cool.

• Like 1

But he is sticking his leg out Willy nilly. That's the pose. Shooting sideways with one hand, opposite hand at the waist and turned out. Right leg stepping wide, left leg holding the weight.  As a shooter, I'm sure you can agree that this is terrible form. 

The icing on the cake is the cape billowing towards the pistol as it always does with models in this pose. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brother Glacius said:

Exactly what would you like to see in a pose? Seriously...he's shooting a gun. As a gun shooter myself, I can tell you I don't have a huge range of poses that I use when firing. Not many reasons to stick out your leg all willynilly for the heck of it.

More recent Infinity models are a constant source of unique, under-stated, and awesome poses. Infinity models are, IMO, the standard to which miniature space-men should aspire. I'd love to see GW-detail and scale combined with more realistic poses.

One of my favorites, the Nomad Prowler with Spitfire:

280544-Prowlers.jpg 

• Like 4