Ordo Fanaticus April 2017 Hobby Progress Challenge

PourSpelur

In an effort to combat the scourge that is Grey Plastic we shall band together and contribute to the Ordo Fanaticus 2017 Hobby Progress Challenge!

Let's keep this simple shall we?

Each month reply to this thread with your stated miniature hobby painting commitment.  The goal is a painted unit per month.

Ex:

"I will assemble and paint this box of Space Marines"

"I will paint this assembled Chariot I bought off eBay"

Include a dated picture of the project you intend to finish.  A description doesn't qualify.

When you have completed said stated goal, post a dated picture of the completed commitment, quoting the original post.

If you finish early, start another project, but be warned, the deadline for the project is the end of the month in which it is started.  Not 30 days from posting.

Those members that have completed their stated monthly goal will be placed in a raffle, from which I will draw a winner.  I will send the winner a prize.

At the end of the year the member that has completed the most goals win a better prize. In the case of a tie the members will be placed in a raffle, from which I will draw a winner.

Remember to quote your original post so progress for the month may be easily verified.  Failure to do so will DISQUALIFY the entry.

Valid projects:

10+ infantry figures

3+ medium sized models (siege machines, killa kans, ogres, etc)

1+ large model (Vehicle, big monster, etc)

Don't be a tool and post stuff you've already done. This is on the honor system.

Go! Challenge begins now!

• Like 1

• Jay changed the title to Ordo Fanaticus April 2017 Hobby Progress Challenge
  • Jay pinned this topic
On 4/11/2017 at 11:56 AM, DasBox said:

OfG0Rl8.jpg

Because I'm a monster I shall start a new project for this week. Well I built most of it yesterday but painting starts today. BEHOLD! The mighty S.U.P.E.R. K3-17H! My Scratch built Onagar Dune Crawler.

Because I have far too much free time. Another finished project.

Wpw29Ec.jpg

Edited by DasBox
Wifi password in background.
  • Like 3

Splinx: I've never been able to make red on green work without looking like Christmas. The white outline on the red dags makes all the difference in the world. Well done!

Pumpkin: Hot damn, them's some good lookin bugs!

DasBox: It's become clear that you must have a robot arm set to "paint and assemble awesome minis" that operates while the weak, fleshy bits sleep. Ace stuff!

• Like 2

I've got a question for May's challenge. I have some Firestorm Armada figs to paint. Would you consider any of the larger models to match "3 large models" or would they be a vehicle model?

Specifically, I have a battleship which is like 5 1/2 inches long but isn't very wide so would, volume wise, technically be smaller than a standard 28mm vehicle. Would I need two other large ships or would the battleship count as a vehicle sized model?

• Like 1

On 4/7/2017 at 6:40 PM, Edosaurus Rex said:

It is my goal to complete this CSM squad! I actually made a bet with my dear brother Chexmix that I could get these guys painted before he completes his Wraithguard. Game on!

20170225_135538.jpg

Original post above, completed squad below!

20170430_191133.jpg

Looks like Chexmix owes me a beer.

• Like 1