Warhammer Day At Red Castle Games

The Last Guardsmen

Howdy folks. Great news I've been given the task of establishing a Warhammer 40K community & in house league for Red Castle Games in SE Portland. I've worked out a regularly scheduled slot for 40K on Saturdays starting next week and I'm hoping that some of you guys'll be joining me. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll answer to the best of my ability.

INFO:

Games run from 1:00 to 8:00 every Saturday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So good news and bad. Good news is I'm going for a real big bang for Saturday, we're looking at a full blown Apocalypse Battle. That's also the bad news. Really going to need folks to come in force. Hoping for at least 10K per side. The current battle lines are Imperial Vs. Ruinous Powers. Xenos players will be assigned to a team on a case by case basis. Primarchs are limited to one of each per side. Sorry no Magnus or Rowbert moshpits. Gotta let the mortal/lesser abominations have some fun too. Titans and Knights are welcome of course but use some common sense please. I will not let you dress up your 5 year old and stand him or her on the table as a Emperor class. 

• Like 1

Howdy folks. This month will be dedicated to Shadow War Armageddon and I'm personally offering bait a prize to the best player and another to who ever can beat me in a special death trap scenario. Nothing too large but enough to make it worth ones time. I look forward to slaughtering seeing you guys there. Signs up starts this Saturday.

19 hours ago, DasBox said:

Howdy folks. This month will be dedicated to Shadow War Armageddon and I'm personally offering bait a prize to the best player and another to who ever can beat me in a special death trap scenario. Nothing too large but enough to make it worth ones time. I look forward to slaughtering seeing you guys there. Signs up starts this Saturday.

I think focusing on other games until 8th edition is officially released (which is here shortly) might be a good idea. I think a lot of 40k players are in a holding pattern with the game until the official launch of 8th edition, I know I am. I was originally kind of interested in Shadows Wars but since the rule set it so different and based on an older edition of 40k, I don't think at this time I want to invest in learning a new game. My wish is that they come out with an official way to play skirmish games that is based on the rule set for 8th edition, kind of like how they are doing it in AoS Skirmish. Anyway long term I would like to come down to Red Castle one of these days once 8th is released or to play AoS, I live close by which is a big plus.

I understand your concern regarding learning a new rule system. The reason that I"m going with Shadow War for the month is that it has some resemblance rules wise with what GW has teased us with in their previews. At least that's what I'm seeing. Weather I'm right or wrong remains to be seen. And speaking of Age of Sigmar you're welcome to come down on Saturday to play. I'd love to give it a try myself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up. This month is going to have a special focus on Age of Sigmar. Shadow War and 40k are still welcome of course. Also I'm going to be holding a painting contest for fantasy and AoS this month. There will be two prizes, Best in Show and Peer's Choice. The names should be self explanatory. Entries are due by the 24th.

• Like 1