V4 FOW thoughts

phyfor88

2 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

Gordianus and I tried to play a while back. The play itself wasn't bad. There were a few things we didn't quite understand, and may have gotten wrong. The hardest part for me was actually coming up with a legal force even though I've got plenty of brits and DAK. I'm not a fan of the current lists. Too restrictive in my mind. And who's bright idea was it to include a stand that no one ever used before in DAK infantry and now make it required?? That was just plain dumb. It seems like they went out of their way to make it difficult for me to use my existing models to play v4. I'm sure that isn't true, but that is what it feels like.

I had a long discussion with Roy at Dice age games the other day. It was about customers, and a post customer perspective. Roy was playing both sides so do not be annoyed with him. We older players love historical games and know if we collect them the units will not changes, but the game or rules can. So we feel we are invested and feel burdened when asked to add new units or reorganizations. The companies need this to happen to maintain the revenue stream and "profitability". This tend to make us  an ex customer. We have purchased the products yet we are disinclined to do so again because it is similar to what we already own. How does a business keep us as current customers in a historical game where we already have the product and maintain profit? Thus we are ex customers, and from a business perspective they have to ignore us for future growth, while keeping us around for future systems. A very very difficult path to take. Many companies like GW instead choose to write us off and call us collectors due to our large cache of goods knowing they will make very little future revenue.  We have to consider these options and support our local gaming store to ensure us a locality where we can meet and play. All in all a very complex issue. I find myself torn between being a happy ex customer and zealot to change. Change is inevitable this I know, yet I find myself being resistant. I am trying to sort out what is the best path for me while supporting the systems I enjoy.