I'm sure this question gets asked every year, but damn if I can find the answer: What time does the hall open up on Friday for open gaming, and how much does it cost? Trying to figure out if I can have the wife drop me off on her way to work and avoid paying for parking, but that could potentially land me downtown fairly early.

10 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

I'm sure this question gets asked every year, but damn if I can find the answer: What time does the hall open up on Friday for open gaming, and how much does it cost? Trying to figure out if I can have the wife drop me off on her way to work and avoid paying for parking, but that could potentially land me downtown fairly early.

It looks like the hall will be open at 9am, as a couple events will be starting at 10am. Open gaming is just a flat $5 fee. 

Edit - Also note, we have a few people running game demos on Friday and Saturday. There is no entry fee if you are running a game demo. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Hey deadwing, I would be interested in playing something. I have a match to play sometime Friday afternoon (T9A), but it is contingent on my opponent's arrival. So I am a maybe. Earlier is better for me.

What time are you showing up on Friday Ben? It looks like deadwing is starting board gaming around 1, if you are looking to do something before that, I'm entertaining showing up pretty early for open gaming. Would be down for some 9th, or I've got a handful of board games that I love (Power Grid, Blood Bowl Team Manager, Elder Sign), but never get to play because my wife does not enjoy them, I could bring those as well.

Ill be there probably 9-10. I am taking the day off and making this 3 days of nerdiness. I am going to play a match with Sherbert whenever he ends up arriving, but before that I would be down for 9th or board games. Any board game is cool with me. I know elder sign requires at least 4 people to be good? I would imagine power grid is similar. I don't really have any 2 player games myself, besides axis and allies :D.

I do have some super simple board games that we could probably get people into (Avalon and Coup)

28 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Ill be there probably 9-10. I am taking the day off and making this 3 days of nerdiness. I am going to play a match with Sherbert whenever he ends up arriving, but before that I would be down for 9th or board games. Any board game is cool with me. I know elder sign requires at least 4 people to be good? I would imagine power grid is similar. I don't really have any 2 player games myself, besides axis and allies :D.

I do have some super simple board games that we could probably get people into (Avalon and Coup)

Cool man, I took the day off as well, and I've got a game with Sam sometime in the afternoon / evening. I'll have my army in tow, and maybe I'll toss a board game in my bag and we can see what happens? 

On 7/18/2017 at 7:19 PM, TheBeninator said:

Hey deadwing, I would be interested in playing something. I have a match to play sometime Friday afternoon (T9A), but it is contingent on my opponent's arrival. So I am a maybe. Earlier is better for me.

I am planning on board gaming all day (after 1) so we can hook up and play if you guys get a chance. But you may not want to play with me since I am a AoS player...haha!