Well [big bad swear word]....

So I realized I had not formally submitted my list and went back to my thread of army figuring out... and realized I had never gotten my magic goodies figured out...

So, your mission, should you choose to accept it is to help me sort out the finer details of this thing... I have a midterm tomorrow so I really can't spend a pile of time on this... I can adjust unit counts a bit to free up points here and there, but here is the list as it stands:

Dwarven Holds (BS2.0 Dwarven Holds) [4291pts]

• DH Characters [915pts]

• Anvil of Power [200pts]

• Lords of Stone [370pts]

• King [250pts]

Army General, Great Weapon [20pts], Shield Bearers [120pts]

• Lords of Stone [170pts]

• Thane [50pts]

Battle Standard Bearer [50pts]

• Runic Smith [175pts]

• DH Core [526pts]

• Greybeards [526pts]

Champion [20pts], 23x Greybeard [506pts], Musician [20pts], Standard Bearer [20pts]

• DH Special [1130pts]

• King's Guard [630pts]

Champion [20pts], 22x King's Guard [660pts], Musician [20pts], Standard Bearer [20pts]

• Seekers [500pts]

Champion [20pts], Musician [20pts], 20x Seeker [440pts], Standard Bearer [20pts]

• DH Engines of War [550pts]

• Field Artillery [270pts]

Cannon [270pts]

• Field Artillery [280pts]

Organ Gun [280pts]

• DH Core + Clans' Thunder [724pts]

• Clan Marksmen [334pts]

Champion [20pts], 14x Clan Marksman [294pts], Crossbows, Musician [20pts]

• Clan Marksmen [390pts]

Champion [20pts], 14x Clan Marksman [294pts], Guild-Crafted Handguns [56pts], Musician [20pts]

• DH Special + Clans' Thunder [446pts]

• Miners with shooting weapons [446pts]

Champion [20pts], Great Weapon [56pts], 14x Miner [280pts], Musician [20pts], Pistol [70pts], Standard Bearer [20pts]

So I'm no Dwarf player, let it be known. Quick look through your list, I came up with:

3 hours ago, dkieft said:

So I realized I had not formally submitted my list and went back to my thread of army figuring out... and realized I had never gotten my magic goodies figured out...

So, your mission, should you choose to accept it is to help me sort out the finer details of this thing... I have a midterm tomorrow so I really can't spend a pile of time on this... I can adjust unit counts a bit to free up points here and there, but here is the list as it stands:

Dwarven Holds (BS2.0 Dwarven Holds) [4291pts]

• DH Characters [1271pts]

• Anvil of Power [250pts]

• Rune of Shattering (50pts) + 2 more spells, to your liking

• King [530pts]
    • Army General, Great Weapon [20pts], Shield Bearers [120pts]

• Runic Armor: Rune of Iron (20) Rune of Steel (60)

• Runic Weapon: 2x Fury (60pts), Rune of Craftsmanship (40pts)

• Lords of Stone [226pts]

• Thane [50pts]

• Shield (16) Runic Armor: 2x Rune of Iron (40)

• Runic Smith [265pts]

• Rune of Spell Devouring (70), Rune of Reckoning (20)
  • DH Core [526pts]

• Greybeards [526pts]

Champion [20pts], 23x Greybeard [506pts], Musician [20pts], Standard Bearer [20pts]

• DH Special [1130pts]

• King's Guard [630pts]

Champion [20pts], 22x King's Guard [660pts], Musician [20pts], Standard Bearer [20pts]

• Seekers [480pts]

Champion [20pts], Musician [20pts], 20x Seeker [440pts], Standard Bearer [20pts]

• DH Engines of War [550pts]

• Field Artillery [270pts]

Cannon [270pts]

• Field Artillery [280pts]

Organ Gun [280pts]

• DH Core + Clans' Thunder [724pts]

• Clan Marksmen [334pts]

Champion [20pts], 15x Clan Marksman [294pts], Crossbows, Musician [20pts]

• Clan Marksmen [390pts]

Champion [20pts], 14x Clan Marksman [294pts], Guild-Crafted Handguns [56pts], Musician [20pts]

• DH Special + Clans' Thunder [446pts]

• Miners with shooting weapons [446pts]

Champion [20pts], Great Weapon [56pts], 14x Miner [280pts], Musician [20pts], Pistol [70pts], Standard Bearer [20pts]

Red for adjusted stuff. I dropped 4 champions out of units, as they are not really needed without a hero... extra attack and minimum 4 for charge range is nice, but not worth the points, IMO. Lord is S6 with 6 attacks and a rerollable 1+ armor save. BSB has a 1+ too. You can season your spells to taste. Hopefully this is somewhat helpful. Sorry about the formatting, trying to edit the Battlescribe layout was a little funky.

• Like 1

Your formatting is perfection! Stop apologizing for being awesome! I need to look up some rules to know what all you are suggesting, but this type of advise is exactly what I am looking for... now if Yarb will give his input I'll know exactly what not to do!

10 minutes ago, dkieft said:

Your formatting is perfection! Stop apologizing for being awesome! I need to look up some rules to know what all you are suggesting, but this type of advise is exactly what I am looking for... now if Yarb will give his input I'll know exactly what not to do!

Glad I could help! Double checking, I think I have the points on the 2nd unit of Marksmen / Miners wrong. You might have to cut number of models down on 1 of those units to make it fit in for points.You can probably also drop the standard on the Miners; I assume they'll be popping up somewhere to causing trouble, so the banner isn't really needed. 

That is pretty solid. The King has a strong killing potential, much like the kings guard he is with. Since he keeps the unit stubborn, you could consider trading in some of the killing potential for a ward save.

I would take the rune of storms for the anvil as well, but it costs 50 points extra.

You could get some point savings by dropping the GW from the miners. The pistols give them pair weapons, and they are base str 4, str 5 on the charge. Although not worthy of monster killing, miners in the rear of most units will do wonders without the GW. 

Don't forget to give your runesmith a shield! He should be in the greybeard unit as he provides AP 1 and MR 1 automatically (which is an amazing value).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

You could get some point savings by dropping the GW from the miners. The pistols give them pair weapons, and they are base str 4, str 5 on the charge. Although not worthy of monster killing, miners in the rear of most units will do wonders without the GW. 

Don't forget to give your runesmith a shield! He should be in the greybeard unit as he provides AP 1 and MR 1 automatically (which is an amazing value).

Well the GW on the miners is mostly because that is what the models have.

And yes, Greybeards are the smiths friends!

• Like 1

Okay, here we go with mostly Andrewgeddon's advice. Hopefully I got all the points updated correctly.

Dwarven Holds (BS2.0 Dwarven Holds) [4493pts]

DH Characters [1271pts]

King [538pts]

Army General, Pistol, Shield Bearers

Runic Armor: Rune of Iron (20) Rune of Steel (60)

Runic Weapon: 2x Fury (60pts), Rune of Craftsmanship (40pts)

Thane [226pts]

Shield (16) Runic Armor: 2x Rune of Iron (40)

Runic Smith [269pts]

Shield, Rune of Spell Devouring (70), Rune of Reckoning (20)

Anvil of Power [250pts]

Rune of Shattering (50pts) , Rune of Resolve, Rune of Resilience

DH Core [526pts]

Greybeards [526pts]

DH Core + Clans' Thunder [634pts]

Clan Marksmen [314pts]

14x Clan Marksman [294pts], Crossbows, Musician [20pts]

Clan Marksmen [320pts]

12x Clan Marksman [294pts], Guild-Crafted Handguns [56pts], Musician [20pts]

DH Special [1100pts]

King's Guard [630pts]

Seekers [480pts]

Musician [20pts], 20x Seeker [440pts], Standard Bearer [20pts]

DH Special + Clans' Thunder [390pts]

Miners with shooting weapons [390pts]

Champion, 14x Miner [280pts], Musician [20pts], Pistol [70pts], Standard Bearer [20pts]

DH Engines of War [550pts]

Field Artillery [270pts]

Cannon [270pts]

Field Artillery [280pts]

Organ Gun [280pts]

I ran this through Army Builder, I'm showing it come up as 4529 points:

-Thane comes up at 226 points with above. 
-Assuming you added the shield to the Runic Smith; not listed above, but the points come together as if he had a shield.
-Miners come up to 426 points with above. 

If you drop a Miner, that should put the list at 4500 exactly.

8 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

I ran this through Army Builder, I'm showing it come up as 4529 points:

-Thane comes up at 226 points with above. 
-Assuming you added the shield to the Runic Smith; not listed above, but the points come together as if he had a shield.
-Miners come up to 426 points with above. 

If you drop a Miner, that should put the list at 4500 exactly.

Failed update on the point, yes a shield and forgot to drop the Great weapons on the miners. Doing this by hand/battle scribe sucks.

Updated the list above.